5.0 out of 5 stars Donny Osmond's Talent Wonderfully Surprises Us Again
Published on 29 Nov 2004 by Sherri Szczechura

1.0 out of 5 stars What does he mean to say?
This album has 14 tracks of which at least 3 covers. To name those 3: "Faith" by George Michael, "I Wanna know what love is" by Foreigner and "This Guy's in love" which Donny did back in the 70s. Furthermore there is a track Donny Osmond recorded 3 years ago for the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake (One Dream) and a cristmas song called "Christmas Time". All other 10 tracks...
Published on 1 Oct 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Donny Osmond's Talent Wonderfully Surprises Us Again, 29 Nov 2004
Sherri Szczechura (Dover, Delaware (United States)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What I Meant To Say (Audio CD)
Donny Osmond has been a teen idol, broadway singer, talk show host and game show host. But in the end, he always comes back to his calling, which is music. In his years of making music, he has tried different things, and this cd showcases his true style-a modern, sensuous style of music that will appeal to his first fans as well as his newest ones. His voice has never been better, and his selection of songs, including many he has helped to write, is one that showcases his talents and a style that will leave many of the female persuasion wishing they were the one that was his "perfect rhyme". The single "Breeze On By" is just a great, feel good tune; "My Perfect Rhyme" is a lovely tune that he sings with such sweetness; "Faith" is a great cover of the old George Michael song, done with a great flair; "Whenever You're In Trouble" is a touching song that will make you want to hug those you love; "Shoulda' Known Better" is just a great one to listen to; "Christmas Time" sounds like a new holiday classic in the tradition of "Please Come Home For Christmas"; finally, I would have to say that I think the real "sleeper" in this one (and by that I mean the surprise hit) could be "What I Meant To Say"-this is a really moving love song that has the potential to be a big hit; it has the words and the "feeling" in it to touch the hearts of many of us, and I think this is the real hit on his new cd.
For those who only know of Donny as the "former teen idol", please give this cd a listen-you will be pleasantly surprised at the talent and class this wonderful singer has to offer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is there anything this man can't do!!!, 17 April 2005
leslie (Nashua, NH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What I Meant To Say (Audio CD)
As a longtime fan of Donny's I knew the album would be good, but he blew me away at his talent as a songwriter. I HOPE HE NEVER STOPS WRITING....Every song on the CD was better than the next. My favorite of them all 'Whenever You're In Trouble' this song although dedicated to his sons, could be said for any relationship, including siblings. Even his covers of 'Right Here Waiting For You' brought a whole new feel to the song. Any one who is a fan of GREAT music should buy this CD. Donny has done it again. Keep the songs coming Donny!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Man!, 21 Aug 2004
This review is from: What I Meant To Say (Audio CD)
This album is coming out very soon and I think its going to do really well in the charts!
I've heard a few of the songs, the upcoming single Breeze on By is a summery tune and it breathtaking. What I meant to say - the title track, beautiful song. Whenever You're In Trouble, this song was written for Donny's children but was also in memory of his mother, this song will have you in tears whether you are an Osmond fan or not. I could sit here and write paragraph after paragraph about how beautiful and inspiring Donny's music is but if you are even looking at this review then you don't need me to tell you, THIS is a MUST HAVE album!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Teeny Bopper Image Ditched, 13 Nov 2005
Karen (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What I Meant To Say (Audio CD)
Being around in the 1970's and a fan of the young Donny I was looking forward to hearing this CD. I wasn't disappointed, it is the BEST I've heard Donny sing. The vocal quality and range in his voice is amazing.
I love all of the songs especially the haunting "Keep Her In Mind" the uptempo "In It For Love and Breeze On By", and his version of "This Guys In Love For You" ranks with the best. "Whenever Your In Trouble" which is dedicated to his sons and in memory of his late mother reminds us how important our loved ones are. My only complaint was with "Faith", not because I think he doesn't sing it well(which he does) but because I just don't like the song.
The haunting ballads and uptempo numbers show that Donny is capable of joining the ranks of one of the best singers of this era.
DONNY DONNY DONNY DONNY(sorry flashback to the '70s then)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic release, 19 Oct 2004
This review is from: What I Meant To Say (Audio CD)
Donny started his wonderful comeback with the fantastic album 'Somwhere in Time' in 2002. The American copy of this includes the all-to-brief song 'No One Has to Be Alone' which is hauntingly beautiful and really should have received airplay. This new album can only be better simply because it also marks the return of Gary Barlow to songwriting. Gary's influence over Donny was obvious on the last album and it's great to see that many of the new songs on this album have been co-written by Gary - Breeze on By is a great example of this. Please can Donny get Gary to record a new album himself while he continues to persue his David Foster path? In the meantime, this is a treasure from Donny.

5.0 out of 5 stars KEEPS ON GETTING BETTER, 20 Aug 2004
This review is from: What I Meant To Say (Audio CD)
EACH OF DONNY,S C.DS GETS BETTER EVERY TIME ALL THE SONG ON THE CD ARE GREAT ESPECIALLY WHENEVER YOU,RE IN TROUBLE AND WHAT I MEAN,T TO SAY,PEOPLE KNOCK HIM ,BUT HE REALLY IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS ,ESPECIALLY AS ALMOST ALL,IF NOT ALL OF THE SONGS WERE CO-WRITTEN BY DONNY HIMSELF ALONG WITH GARY BARLOW,FROM TAKE THAT,IT DESERVES TO BE NUMBER ONE

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Oct 2005
Lynne (Gerrards cRoss, Bucks) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What I Meant To Say (Audio CD)
Admittedly I'm bias because I am a Donny fan, but I really think this CD is the best he has done. There's a mixture of tempo and the words he has written are brilliant. I really feel this can be enjoyed by a variety of ages.

4.0 out of 5 stars The perfect combination, 19 May 2007
J. Hunt (Leeds) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What I Meant To Say (Audio CD)
One of the best vocalists in popular music joins forces with one of the best songwriters of recent times and the result is a classy album that is great for chilling out. As a huge fan of the Osmonds as a girl and Take That as a woman who should know better, Donny and Gary on one album spells virtual perfection!! Worth a listen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Donny showing his writing talent ..., 4 Feb 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: What I Meant To Say (Audio CD)
A great show of talent from Donny Osmond. This CD has a personal touch that shines through. Donny fans will love it as will those who are not so familiar with the great man. I personally love "My Perfect Rhyme" and "What I meant To Say". The only tracks that are disappointing on this CD are the cover versions of "Faith" and "I Wanna Know What Love Is". I think the CD would have been better if those tracks were replaced with two of Donny's own. Well worth the waiting for... let's hope he keeps on releasing CD's more frequently from now on!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a Listen!!, 28 Nov 2004
This review is from: What I Meant To Say (Audio CD)
Donny Osmond continues to give the professional performance on this recent album. A must for the Donny fan but also for the buyer who enjoys easy listening and being entertained by an accomplished artist. It is good to see Donny's song writing skills coming to the fore and his talent being used to bring us new material to enjoy.
I have not given this album 5 because I feel it is not as good as his last album. I am a great fan of his but still feel that his fan's do like him to cover songs that are popular.
I look forward to the next!!!

What I Meant To Say