Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 17 July 2014
I love this Cd. I had an edition of it and had lost it. Spanish Train is one of my all time favourites. But with all his great hits such as Don't pay the ferry man, The lady in Red, Borderline, Ship to Shore, Missing you and A spaceman came travelling to name but a few, this CD is a must have for all Chris DeBurgh fans.
on 28 February 2000
This is both a wonderful introduction to Chris de Burgh's music and a convenient collection for those who have loved his music for years. The range here is all-encompassing: from the ballads such as "Lady in Red" and "Diamond in the Dark" to the faster and rockier "Don't Pay the Ferryman" and "Say Goodbye to it All". Well worth a listen !
on 1 April 2008
i bought the us/canada release of this for my dad's birthday i was expecting it to be some old crap that i wouldnt like but when he played it i was blown away by the amazing songs on it and how powerful they effect you, i can remember i was about 12 and he played "patrica the stripper" and i used to sing a long word by word, but my favourite song ever by him was " don't pay the ferryman" its totally a rock ballad and has such power and its an addictive song it always reminds me of me n my dad singing along in the car *memories*, if anyone hasnt bought it yet i suggest you do because it's worth more than what you pay for it! XX
on 11 January 2013
This compilation was originally released in 1989 to capitalise on De Burgh's 'second wind' following the runaway success of "The Lady In Red" three years earlier. As a direct result, it concentrates mainly on his more commercial sounding 1980s work - drawing its tracks mainly from the triumverate of albums "The Getaway" (1982), "Man On The Line" (1984) and "Into The Light" (1986). Of all his 1970s material, only "Spanish Train" and "A Spaceman Came Travelling" get a look in (even then the latter is a re-recorded version - NOT the original album version), so fans looking for any entries from the likes of "Crusader", "Eastern Wind" or "Far Beyond These Castle Walls" will be disappointed. The two original tracks "This Waiting Heart", and "Diamond In The Dark" are largely filler material. A good intro nevertheless to Chris De Burgh's work, although the album is now out of print and there are better C de B compilations out there.
on 8 December 2011
I was pleased to obtain this CD as it is the only CD that contains the track 'Diamonds in the dark' which I consider to be among Chris de Burgh's best songs. The product arrived in the time scale specified when ordered. I will be buying more of this artist's CDs.
on 27 June 2014
I was trying to replace a CdeB Greatest Hits that I had on tape and had hoped that this was it. Disappointed to find that it did not contain some of his best songs, which were on the old album.

Could Amazon list the songs on each CD, please? I am fed up buying CDs to find that they do not contain the tracks that I want to hear.
on 22 January 2013
A really good CD packed with some great tracks that takes me back to earlier days. If you want to set the mood lads when you have female company, (it probably works the other way around too), then this is a really good way to do it.
VINE VOICEon 16 November 2004
Chris de Burgh is one of my favourite songwriters. In theory, this collection covers the whole gamut of the first 9 albums' worth of his musical output. Unfortunately, it doesn't succeed all that well.
The vast bulk of the album is taken up with de Burgh's romantic ballads. Now, granted these are his biggest earner these days, and far more people know "The Lady in Red" than, say, "Patricia the Stripper". But in my opinion the whole point of a compilation album is to introduce listeners already familiar with the famous songs to the highlights of their back catalogue, not just to rehash what is overly familiar. So on this compilation, the absence of "Patricia" (and indeed anything much from de Burgh's superb back catalogue of quirky folktales, protest songs and murder ballads) is simply inexcusable - particularly when songs like "Much More than This" (filler if ever there was filler) merit an appearance as album track 3!
There are a few saving graces. The album opener, "This Waiting Heart", is a fantastic piece of uplifting singalong pop; "Don't Pay the Ferryman" shimmers, as it has always done, with eerieness; and the new vocal recording on "A Spaceman Came Travelling" is sublime. The pairing of "Borderline" and its sequel, "Say Goodbye to it All", is a token favour to long-standing fans, and the inclusion of "Spanish Train" is certainly welcomed, although its deranged narrative jars completely with the soporific easy-listening style which otherwise dominates the album.
The album merits two stars because de Burgh's songwriting, when not over-indulgent in the love department, is always very good, and the glimpses of the great back catalogue offered here should hopefully get people wanting more. But really, the producers could have done much better. Little thought seems to have been given to substance, musical quality or true representation of the artist's work. Fortunately, there are at least 9 good albums from which the listener can discover the real highlights.
on 23 January 2013
I bought this CD years ago, when it first came out (90's I think) and can't find it anywhere. I wanted to put some music on my Kindle Fire HD to play while I'm working out in the gym, and this came to mind. There's not a bad song on it (if you like Chris De Burgh - I'm aware he's not everyone's cup of tea!!). I love it.
on 11 February 2001
this is just the most fantastic collection of beautifully worded songs around from a romantic singer. i can't praise this C D enough nor recomend it highly enough it is a wonderful example of thought going into a song and not just thrown together as other artist do. buy it you won't regret it