5.0 out of 5 stars shaman woman singing strange soft and sexy, 10 Jan 2007
This is power music, its craft music and its full of ice and fire. It will sing in your heart and stay with you. Every single person I have played this to (apart from my boyfriend who likes hip hop and rap) has loved it. Haunting, its feels like a friend you want to stay in with on a cold stormy night.

5.0 out of 5 stars UPLIFTING AND HAUNTING, 8 Nov 2012
Lesley Rose (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this CD on the strength of the first track as we'd had it at our Qi Gong class. It is so haunting and the vocal so powerful. The album is largely melancholic but the joyful notes of the Mermaid is just so uplifting I am inspired to dance every time I hear it! Mari Boine's voice is so powerful and I can really hear her Sami heritage coming through. A great CD.

4.0 out of 5 stars sadly losing it a bit-but still great, 14 Oct 2008
Although I am a big Mari Boine fan, I just love her voice and her powerful songs, I have to say that this album is so full of recycled stuff from her older albums, you always think that you have heard it before, she also does a lot of this "nananananana"type of singing which gets rather boring after a while and somehow reeks of lack of ideas. Next thing I read is that her latest album is a remix, ah well,at least there is honesty. It's a pity, but even bad she is still a lot better than many others.
ok, 2 years later I have to make amends and apologies to Mari. If you do not compare this cd to any of her others, but take it as it is in its own right, it is actually a very beautiful and wonderful album!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mari Boine, 2 Dec 2013
It is the elemental quality of Mari Boine's voice that I find transports me away from wherever I happen to be. She sings as if she is connected to the planet, if that sounds strange, then that's as may be. Her strong and beautiful voice is the key.

4.0 out of 5 stars Haunting Music, 26 Jun 2012
This is wonderful and haunting music. It makes me want to see Mari Boine play live, in order to see how this music is made. Superb cd!

5.0 out of 5 stars MARI BOINE MUSIC, 26 Jun 2012
This review is from: In The Hand Of The Night (MP3 Download)
THIS CD MADE ME FEEL LIKE I BELONGED TO THE EARTH. AS DO MOST OF HER CDS. A GREAT BUY.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sun, tha Stars and the Spirit, 22 May 2009
J. B. Jensen "Astriliniarius" (Scandinavia) - See all my reviews
A wonderful collection. Some songs resonated with some very deep issues, even from former lifetimes (Reindeer of Diamond -> The destruction of a planet). Have danced and meditated to some of the pieces before purchasing this record. Listen with an open heart, and let yourself feel and sense the pure art and hightened states of consciousness, that in unpretentious ways come to natural fulfillment in these songs. Thank you, spirit!