4.0 out of 5 stars Magic For Lovers!
Published on 24 Jan 2002 by shawmtloaf@aol.com

3.0 out of 5 stars good, but his self titled album is way better.
While is last album was pure latin fun, this one has some dance and rock flavours, and there are no really heart touching songs like there were in his last album. I wish there would be more songs like "Rythm Divine" and "Could I Have This Kiss Forever". These songs are so beautiful!!!
Well, there are still good songs here, like the first 2 songs,...
Published on 16 Dec 2001

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Magic For Lovers!, 24 Jan 2002
This review is from: Escape (Audio CD)
I bought Escape after I heard the single "Hero" (which I believe to be one of the most beautiful love songs ever written and performed...) and I wasnt expecting anything on the album to better this. (I havent heard Enriques first album yet.) Every once in a while a recording is released that restores some faith in the music industry, and Escape is one of the few. Why? I listen to this album from start to finish and never even consider skipping a single track. The entire album is quite refreshing, and somehow in contrast to the boyband songs that we have had recycled for our ears time and time again. Escape, however, sounds more personal and more real. It is probably the closest thing to pop perfection since Abba. But this album also glows with the warmth of the Latino. 3 of the tracks are in Spanish (including a Spanish version of "Hero" which is sure to make you cry...) Enrique; what a voice! Swelling with romance, you will want to dance and cry throughout. This is an Escape to excellence for romantic nights in and romantic nights out. An indespenasable recording.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a cracking album!, 20 Feb 2002
This review is from: Escape (Audio CD)
What can I say? I've bought quite a lot of albums over the last few months but nothing compares to this. It's been a while since I've liked nearly all the songs on a CD, so it was a total pleasure to listen to this one. I was expecting most of the songs to run along the lines of 'Hero' being slow and ballady, but was pleasantly surprised as they're nearly all upbeat and fantastic! My personal favourites being Escape, Don't turn off the light, love 4 fun and of course Hero.So what more can I say other than go out and buy this and keep it up Enrique!!

4.0 out of 5 stars This really grows on you- much better than I expected!, 18 May 2002
This review is from: Escape (Audio CD)
To be honest, I've never been a huge Enrique fan. I wasn't that keen on 'Hero' when it was released, I thought it was just a tad too cheesy for my liking. But recently I heard 'Escape', and I was hooked so I decided to take a risk & buy the album. I wasn't sorry.
I love Latin style music in general, I have cds of Ricky Martin/Shakira/Chayanne- and this too is very addictive.
So how do I rate the tracks? Well 10 are in English, and 3 are Spanish versions of 3 of the English ones. (just to let you know)...
01 Escape- great, love it! Upbeat. 2nd best song on this cd.
02 Don't Turn Off The Lights- Brilliant! I think this song is SO good, definitely the best on the cd, and I think track 12 'No Apagues La Luz' the Spanish version of it is just as good if not better and still different. A very catchy beat.
03 Love To See You Cry- the title sounds quite horrible really, and it is about a guy who likes to see his girl cry. Catchy enough but I wasn't too keen on the lyrics. Not one of the best ones.
04 Hero- Very cheesy love song. Slow paced. Good.
05 I Will Survive- this is fairly upbeat in tempo. Reminded me a bit of 'Rhythm Divine' but not as good.
06 Love 4 Fun- this is what it says- it's a fun/party-style song. Despite at first seeming quite cheesy/pop- it really will grow on you. One of my faves definitely.
07 Maybe- a slower song this one. I quite like it, faster than Hero (I actually prefer it to Hero).
08 One Night Stand - this is very good actually! upbeat & you'll be singing to the chorus in no time- the lyrics aren't brilliant but very catchy.
09 She Be The One - not one of the best ones. Fairly upbeat and still catchy.
10 If The World Crashes Down- slow & upbeat- catchy. This album actually seems to flow very well in pace. Good.
11 Escapar - Spanish version of Escape, I actually prefer the English version as the lyrics seem to fit better when he sings them. Don't worry if you can't understand Spanish as it really isn't a huge difference through the translation.
12 No Apagues La Luz- again it's great. Just as good as the English 'Don't turn off the lights'. Having read the lyrics just now, the Spanish really is along the same lines in terms of meaning as the English lyrics.
13 Heroe - you know what this is the Spanish version of. I'm not that keen on Hero so I'm not the best judge. It sounds just as good, but I'd have to admit that the chorus sounds better in English (fits better with the beat.)
Overall this is a very good cd. I have definitely changed my mind about Enrique- he has a really good voice, and the album flows really well throughout. There are no big scares.Definitely worth buying! I hope he releases 'Don't turn off the lights' next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a must for Enrique fans, 23 Jan 2002
emdy_luspo@hotmail.com (Kildare, Rep. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Escape (Audio CD)
Like the other reviewer from Birmingham, i bought this album because i watched Enrique at the "Tribute To Heroes" program, when he sang the song "Hero", (which is my top favourite from the track), i could really feel his emotions from his face, the spanish version of this song is good too. All in all, the songs are all brilliant but my favourites are "Don't turn off the lights", dancy & upbeat same as "Love 4 Fun", the other ballad "Maybe", sad but its a song for the broken hearted, very emotional, i can relate to it. I was a bit surprised the track wasn't entitled "Hero" because the cover track, "Escape" was not too good for me, though i still like it.
There is another bonus in this CD, i was very delighted to find a copy of a songsheet at the back of Enrique's beautiful picture, i was able to sing-along to all the tracks, brilliant! I can imagine and dream that I am having a duet with the lovely man himself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Uplifting Album, 22 Feb 2002
This review is from: Escape (Audio CD)
The music on this album is so uplifting - makes a day at work just fizzle away, especially when you are sat in front of a PC all day.
Enhanced experience hearing both the english and Latin versions of 3 of the most uplifiting and emotional songs on the album.
Excellent Buy

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant latin pop!, 22 Jan 2002
This review is from: Escape (Audio CD)
i first heard the single hero and loved it so i bought the album and i wasnt dissapointed! its an excellent album and one where there is not one song i dislike! the song are all upbeat latin songs and definatly worth buying!!

5.0 out of 5 stars the breakthru 4 enrique, 27 Nov 2002
This review is from: Escape (Audio CD)
i have had this album for ages but i havent decided to rate it before today...
firstly i think that this album has more depth than his previous ones and i have to say that his vocals have definately improved
Escape is a brilliant comeback after a while out by enrique and it is a good one
none of the songs are fillers- each is unique and different in its own way
brilliant
a must have if you like Ricky Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars superb talent here, 24 Nov 2003
This review is from: Escape (Audio CD)
This album is brilliant. very catchy songs, and also some really brilliant slushy love songs. 'Hero' and 'i will survive' being poweful songs that really make you want to either cry or just feel incrdibly awesome. 'Escape' is a great song with brilliant lyrics, a good tune here. 'If the world crashes down' is one my favourates, it's a real feel good song. There a couple of spanish songs here, and they are brilliant and show the extent of Enriques vocal ability, not in his range but in his sound, he has a truly sensational voice, which the spanish songs bring out really well. The spanish version of 'Hero' is just beautiful, there is no better word to describe it.
Personally, i think the songs that weren't singles are even better than the singles. 'One Night Stand' and 'Maybe' are a million times better than 'love to see you cry', even though that is a bruilliant song. Until you hear this album yourself, you won't understand what i mean when i say all this. You must hear this album.If you only buy one album this year, make it this one (or his latest album, they are both incredible albums).

4.0 out of 5 stars polished pop, 7 Jan 2002
This review is from: Escape (Audio CD)
First heard the song "hero" on the Tribute to Heroes show and went out and bought this album on the back of it. It's the only ballad on the album and deservedly a massive hit around the world. The album is dominated by highly polished latin/euro pop with infectious beats and singalong lyrics. Check out tracks "I will Surive" (not the gloria gaynor one, thank god) and "One night stand". The solo male artist seems to be a dying breed. Thankfully Enrique proves that you don't need to form a boy band to produce some great pop music. Well worth buying and will make great music for the summer!

3.0 out of 5 stars good, but his self titled album is way better., 16 Dec 2001
This review is from: Escape (Audio CD)
Well, there are still good songs here, like the first 2 songs, and his single "Hero", and "i will survive". Oh, and i have a version of this album with a mix for hero which sounds great! look for that version too.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›