4.0 out of 5 stars Handy plate-warmer
Published on 14 Nov 2009 by Mig

2.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose.
Published on 30 Dec 2010 by P. M. Watson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose., 30 Dec 2010
P. M. Watson (England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hostess PW12C plate warmer chrome (Kitchen & Home)
Looks good, warms up moderately fast but unfortunately completely useless. It arrived for Xmas and we wanted to use our best china, Limoges, with it. Just as well we didn't. Ordinary Ikea plates slipped off the grooves and one fell & broke. Since the plates have to be rotated, this was impossible on our next try: reversing the last plate to keep the others in place. Ridiculous. Good idea, but needs more refining. What's the point of maually rotating plates? I thought this would be a time saver....

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it, 8 Jun 2011
Mrs. Y. Robertson "yronnie" (hereford uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hostess PW12C plate warmer chrome (Kitchen & Home)
what a waste of money bought it because I hate having hot food on cold plates as I want my food hot. But the plates don't fit - really is a waste of money. Whatever you do don't buy it

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy plate-warmer, 14 Nov 2009
This review is from: Hostess PW12C plate warmer chrome (Kitchen & Home)
I've been very pleased with this plate-warmer, it's not perfect as it heats from the rim of the plate so takes some time to warm the plates, but it's easy to use, very compact, and frees up space in the oven. I find it especially useful when all the family come to dinner because it holds all the plates needed with space to spare. Just allow a good half hour or so, put the plates in and give them an occasional twirl.

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective Plate Warmer, 28 Nov 2010
M. F. Head "LaCabeza" (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hostess PW12C plate warmer chrome (Kitchen & Home)
Always a problem producing warm plates when you are busy cooking. So as long as you set this neat little machine off 30 or minutes or so in advance, you can forget about it and get on with your culinary miracles

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!!!, 24 Sep 2010
This review is from: Hostess PW12C plate warmer chrome (Kitchen & Home)
At last! A plate warmer that actually does what it says!!! This is the best thing I've bought for ages! Having moved into a house with a built-in ceramic hob oven that has no warming drawer or separate grill/top oven, I needed something to keep the family's plates warm at meal times. The cloth wrap-around things don't work, the tealight ones are a pain, but this is bang on! It takes lots of dinner plates, and soup bowls that you can place face down, and I've even used it as a food warmer - and it actually heats the plates up properly, so that you need oven gloves to pick them up afterwards(!) and stay warm for a decent length of time. It's pretty compact too so doesn't take up too much space on your work top and looks quite smart in simple stainless steel. This is worth absolutely every penny!

4.0 out of 5 stars Plate warmer, 7 Nov 2010
This review is from: Hostess PW12C plate warmer chrome (Kitchen & Home)
This plate warmer is very good. Not only can you use it for plates but you can also use it as a hot plate to keep food warm. I am very pleased I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars PLATE WARMER, 4 Oct 2010
This review is from: Hostess PW12C plate warmer chrome (Kitchen & Home)
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL - EXCELLENT SERVICE AND WARMS THE PLATES WITHIN TIME TO COOK A MEAL, SAY, ABOUT 20 MINS. I FOUND THAT IT WAS BETTER TO LAY THE PLATES FLAT AS MINE ARE QUITE LARGE BUT THAT WORKS WELL AND IF YOU ARE WARMING MORE THAN 2 THEN YOU WOULD NEED TO SWAP THEM AROUND AFTER ABOUT 10 MINS. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hostess plate warmer, 15 Nov 2010
This review is from: Hostess PW12C plate warmer chrome (Kitchen & Home)
This product is useless! It takes 3/4hour to warm up before you can place the plates in it. You are instructed to "turn the plates" the get even warming, but as soon as you turn them, that side gets cold again, and the plates fall out of the slits and smash on the floor! A total waste of money!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Hostess Plate Warmer, 27 Sep 2010
This review is from: Hostess PW12C plate warmer chrome (Kitchen & Home)
I am very pleased with my Hostess Plate Warmer. I hate putting hot food on cold plates, & I was reluctant to put my plates in a hot oven in case they cracked. I find I have to switch the plate warmer on when I start making a meal, but can put the plates in the rack quite soon.Because it switches itself on and off during warming, the plates are just the right heat when I want to dish up the meal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply does its job, 9 Sep 2012
This review is from: Hostess PW12C plate warmer chrome (Kitchen & Home)
Hostess PW12C plate warmer chromeThis piece of equipment does the job of warming up to 12 plates and can also be used to keep food warm whilst waiting to serve it. It uses very little space, and is easy to store - once cold. You just have to remember to turn the plates every so often in order to prevent the part of the plate sitting in the rack becoming too hot.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›