on 19 February 2014
Halo 2 had promised a battle of earth but we didn't get that now halo 3 odst gives you a true battle of earth it's fairly short but its worth everything you pay there's a great campaign the awesome firefight and every halo 3 map the campaigns the main attraction explaining what happened to earth and a small team of odst,s you play as the rookie looking for your team and finding clues you flash back when you find a clue to a member of your team its very different but it works excellently the firefight is the best on this game the best map is lost platoon and its best enjoyed in co op with friends or split screen you face off against waves of covenant on a selection of maps it's really fun and defiantly worth a punt.the multiplayer is a tad disappointing its just halo 3 multiplayer all the maps are brought together on a second disk it's great but you can't help but feel an odst only multiplayer would be better odst is amazing this is worth every penny
on 7 December 2013
Heard nothing but bad things about this game, but needed to play it as I love Halo. Brought a refreshing element to the game. Play as multiple characters, much harder now you aren't masterchief. Some great episodes and setting. Great addition to the franchise. Definitely underrated.
on 3 January 2010
I am a big Halo fan and was looking forward to something new from Bungie. I was not disappointed but a little put out that it didn't deliver what I had expected.

Campaign
The story is set between Halo 2 and Halo 3 and is focused on the actions of an ODST called the Rookie. You are dropped to fight the Covenant but it all goes wrong. You wake up alone and have to find your squad. You do this by moving from location to location in search of clues. These clues will then trigger a flashback where you will play as another ODST from your squad. Its got some great levels but as a whole the campaign is just good, as wandering about the city gets boring fast and it often takes longer to get to the next clue than to play the following level. The campaign is also very short.

Firefight
Bungie have taken a leaf from Gears of War 2. This is their version of horde as you and up to 3 others fight wave after wave of enemies. They are randomly generated waves so you can't plan ahead. Although good fun it becomes boring as there is no end to the onslaught.

Disc 2
This disc complements Halo 3 as it contains all of the maps for it including the downloadable ones. You can also play multiplayer with it altough you can't do much with your armour. Its a great extra but not worth buying the game for.

Conclusion
A game worth playing if you fancy something new or have enjoyed Halo before however consider borrowing it from a friend before buying it.
on 4 December 2011
I love Halo. Sure, it has its flaws, flaky vehicle physics being the top of my list, but I still love it.
If you want another slice of the Halo universe then ODST will be your cup of tea. The action is intense and the gameplay addictive as always. The controls, audio and graphics are as polished as they've ever been.
I would have awarded a higher score but for the repetitive gameplay and poor A.I. It just didn't quite live up to expectations.
on 20 October 2009
I love the Halo series, and was eagerly anticipating the release of this. Was enjoying the first-person solo game of it, but like other reviewers, found it very repetitive after a while. I thought I may have been 25% through the game, when the credits rolled after one of the missions. My jaw hit the floor. It's SO short! Granted you get a multi-player disk with it too, but having already paid hard earned cash on downloading new maps for Halo 3, I've not found a massive difference in the new Multiplayer disk with ODST. Granted I'm still playing on-line with it, so we'll see if something brand new appears, but my hopes aren't great.
In summary, if you're a Halo 3 fan, save your money and borrow a copy of ODST from a mate and you'll be finished it in a few days.
on 21 October 2014
I love this game.I am not usually into shooters other than Fallout 3 and New Vegas but this is different.with the exception of Combat Evolved all other Halo games have had a weak campaign and have been all about the multiplayer which doesn't interest me at all.I like all the wondering around in the dark hunting for clues to the whereabouts of my squad mates the only thing I wish was different is the streets looks mostly the same.I wish it had more stealth elements like Splinter cell where you could hide in the shadows and shoot lights out etc.I wish it had old houses and narrow corridors.I wish it had a jungle with wild animals in or a swamp and I wish you could drive the civilian vehicles,but otherwise this game is great and for me it is the best Halo game to date.
on 17 May 2013
Missed this when it first was released as I didn't think it would be as good as the Halo series. Wrong! This is a collection of mini battles with you searching and finding things to proceed. Great.
on 8 September 2013
Halo ODST is an interesting game. you play as an orbital drop shock trooper (ODST). Most of the game is in a covenant infested city but you find memories of previous missions that make you replay through them. The multiplayer is the same as halo three which was a shame because I was hoping for a new multiplayer format.You can also play fire-fight and the campaign in co-op I was happy that you could customise you campaign character to your liking. The whole game was more of a halo 3 DLC! That is why I give this game a 6/10!
on 23 December 2009
It was a joy to play another halo game but it doesnt last very long. The achievements are all quite easy to get and the graphics have not improved that much but the campaign does have some great moments even though its short. The player has been limited in some areas with the removal of dual wielding and the fact that on only a few missions can you actually use a wraith but the new silenced machine gun and pistol are the best in the game. At this low price and with the miultiplayer disc included aswell it is good value.
on 6 April 2010
I would have hated to pay full price for this game because it's just far too short, it feels shorter than halo 3 and it's definitely easier but it's quite fun none the less and now the price has come down a bit it's a pretty reasonable buy.
The multi player is exactly the same as halo 3 so you don't really need to by this for the multi player (assuming you have halo 3 anyway) although it does give you the mythic maps which would cost you about 1600 MSP if you bought them for halo 3 on the marketplace.