5.0 out of 5 stars Clannad and Enya fan won over
I have been a great fan of Clannad and Enya for many years, and was a little worried that Triniti would not live up to these high standards. Well, once I received my CD I was completely entranced by their unique sound.

Published on 3 Aug. 2006 by R. Eatch

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Being very fond of Enya & Clannad, All Angels and Hayley Westenra, Cara Dillon and Celtic Woman, I was very hopeful for this but then very disappointed. Every track feels the same, and the voices seem all the same without character or confidence to be individual, they seem scrubbed and whitewashed and all hidden behind the accompaniment, which while trying to be folk and...
Published 22 months ago by Surrey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Clannad and Enya fan won over, 3 Aug. 2006
R. Eatch (Derbyshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Triniti (Audio CD)

I did not believe anybody could cover a Clannad song and get away with it, especially as Clannad's Maire Brennan has such a distinctive voice, but In a Lifetime is an excellent track, as are all the rest.

I am looking forward to album 2, which will be the real proof that they are here to stay.

An excellent album, well worth the money. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best new band for a decade!!, 30 Jun. 2006
Peter Stokes (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Triniti (Audio CD)
These young ladies have the looks and voices of angels. The collection of songs here are sublime. The songs are a great mixture of traditional Celtic and pop covers and yet it all works so well. The 'golden oldie' Scarboro Fair is so beautiful it sends shivers down my back, and this is from some one who lives and breathes good old fashioned heavy rock. Sting's Fields of Gold equals the original in my humble opinion. Some of the tradional numbers such as Brighid's Kiss show that they know where their collective roots are
If you want to try just one new band this year make it Triniti, they will be huge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Relax to this music, 24 Jun. 2006
Helen (Hornchurch, Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Triniti (Audio CD)
I have just bought this CD from Amazon after seeing an excert from TV. So glad I bought it - it is as another customer has written - like Enya and Clannad. I have listened to it several times already and it is a relaxing and soothing album to listen to. They sing so well - a very good CD album! Let's hope the group have successful careers because they deserve this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly stunningly beautiful, 31 Aug. 2006
This review is from: Triniti (Audio CD)
Every now and again, a song comes along that sends a shiver down your spine and brings tears to your eyes in the way that only music can. "The Water is Wide" and "Nocturne" do just that. The whole album is evocative, ethereal and mystical - truly stunningly beautiful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Triniti - Triniti, 27 April 2006
Mr. P. A. Fyfe (Croydon, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Triniti (Audio CD)
Triniti - Triniti (UCJ 987 725-0)

It's refreshing to come across three young ladies who know exactly which direction they want their music to go in and have the foresight to even choose their own producer and record label. OK, so the ladies in question Laura, Sharon and Eve (they don't use surnames) who all hail from Ireland might seem like pushy little madams particularly from a 'folk music' perspective but let's be honest, if you don't ask, you don't get and in producer Ross Cullum I don't think they could have chosen more wisely. His skills are stamped throughout this recording having worked with both Enya and Moya Brennan and the inclusion of 'Nocturne' by Secret Garden is another indication for his leaning towards the more ethereal approach to Celtic music. Utilising musicians such as Simon Swarbrick on fiddle, Neil Martin's pipes and whistles and Robbie MacIntosh on guitar and mandolin, Ross steers the whole project with a deft hand and dare I say it an ultimately successful commercial conclusion. I know many cynics will look at this as music for elevators but let's not be unjust here. The girls have taken the time to study the wider picture in respect of what they want to achieve career wise and in doing so rightly, or wrongly have the passion to follow it through. By now, given the occasional plug from Terry Wogan etc I'm sure this album will shift millions and in turn reach a far wider audience than the restraints of the 'folk' tag. Is this a bad thing? Personally I don't think so. It just so happens the girls have decided to include some traditional standards such as 'Scarborough Fair', 'The Water Is Wide' and 'Brighid's Kiss' (originally recorded by the duo La Lugh) and by name-checking their sources it proves they at least intend to draw on some of the more traditional elements of their heritage. Falling into the easy listening category of artists such as Eternal, Bellefire and Wilson Phillips I'm hoping that Triniti have a bright future in front of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A completely fresh approach to the Charts, 9 Jun. 2006
This review is from: Triniti (Audio CD)
I first heard Triniti on Wogan's Breakfast show recently and it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Rose on Water is a beautiful heartfelt song (catchy too) and sung in an enchanting way with artistic use of the girls attractive irish accents. It has a bit of Enya or the Corrs feel to it. Really looking forward to seeing them live and hearing their album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 19 April 2006
This review is from: Triniti (Audio CD)
Having recently seen Triniti perform live I have to say that I was just totally blown away by them. Three gorgeous girls singing beautiful harmonies produced one of the most exciting performances I have witnessed in a long time. Combining the best elements of contemporary music whilst never forgetting their Irish roots, Triniti played a mix of modern and traditional songs infused with passion, skill and a natural flair for all things Celtic. I can't wait to hear this album in full!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 23 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Triniti (Audio CD)
I bought this album purely on a whim after stumbling across some good reviews on the Amazon website. Beautiful voices and lovely songs, very well performed. What can I say?...I will be listening to this album many times and look forward to new albums coming out in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 24 Mar. 2007
ShadowFox (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Triniti (Audio CD)
I bought this album without having heard any of the songs from it but I have always loved the classic 'Scarborough Fair' so thought I'd give it a whirl. After listening to the album once I recommended it to everyone I know. The girls voices are beautiful and the music is lovely, resulting in a spine-tingling album you will want to listen to again and again. Looking forward to a second one!

Everything about this album is fabulous, I cannot say enough good things about it.

(Review update) - Such a shame that these girls have broken up, they could have been very successful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Part Folk, part World, part Irish, All sensuous!, 7 July 2008
This review is from: Triniti (Audio CD)
Triniti have truely touched me, i bought this album a year ago and i have not stopped listening to it since (I'm even listening to them as i write this review!)they are now my favourite band, and since listening to this i have gained a really keen interest in folk music. there are a lot of reviews for this album, so i won't bore you by going through a song by song analysis, suffice to say these girls truely have something special in this album. yes, if you like you can compare them to enya and celtic woman and clannad and all the rest, because there indeed are similarities, but since i have bought this album ive downloaded and bought so many of the aforementioned artist's stuff, as well as other gaelic/world/crossover artists, and i just havent found anything as satisfying as triniti. theres just something about them. my favourites are Rose on Water, Nocturne and Scarbrough Fair. Voices took a while to grow on me (i didnt really likethe na-na-na-yeah-e-yeah style refrain) but i eventually started to love it just as much as the rest, it just flows to such a feel good rhythm! To my knowledge all of the songs, except for Rose on Water, are cover versions, but this doesnt degrade triniti at all, they do each track a great justice. Triniti split at the beginning of 2007, which i only found out recently while reading up on them on the internet, and i am totally heartbroken, i was really looking forward to their next album- which will never come now. the only other option is to get your hands on a copy of the Rose on water single which has a radio edit of Rose on water as well as a beautiful song called Salve, i was also lucky enough to download two different mixes of Voices and a song they did called "My Lagan Love", so keep your eyes peeled on download sites for those- they are really good too, and to be honest once you have heard this album you WILL want them! lol, give Triniti a go, its really good chill out music, with a refreshing, but not too heavy, irish twist.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›