Price:£160.00+ £11.00 shipping

on 25 November 2010
This does the job, bought various other devices to access a very old part of house - this one works. Probably not getting full potential yet as sofware is in German and first attempt at dowloading English version failed. Easy to setup in my network though.
on 3 July 2014
I bought this unit because so many of the cheaper items did not seem to be reliable. Well it may work very well but unless you are a techo wiz kid or have an IT support technician to help setting up, as a complete layman this repeater is not for the likes of me. Plug it in fire it up and away? forget it, the whole procedure is way too complicated. WPs must be supported, the access point must support WPA/WPA2 encryption standard, the SSID must be set to visible, the WPS function must be enabled and finally any MAC address filter must be temporarily disabled, what does it all mean? Great if you qualified as a computer geek but I do not have a clue what to do. The Lynksys wireless router I have is WPA/WPA2, connects to my laptop OK, apart from out on the veranda through two foot thick walls which is why I bought this. Living in Slovenia I could only purchased from Amazon.de so I would have though no problem receiving an international version. English Instructions were easily solved, I downloaded a PDF in English, but that's as far as things have worked. Unfortunately though the web site is in English, the installation wizard you can download from AVM is in German and won't translate. Maybe this repeater will only work with Fritzbox routers and if so I have completely wasted my money.
Further update on connecting this device. My daughter is much more technically accomplished than myself and could not get it to connect. Lost the internet connection in the process and had to reset passwords that had become overwritten following the installation instructions. These things should not be this difficult to set up!
Update on my above review:
Due to my daughters computer expertise we have finally succeeded in getting a proper connection. She had to use the manual procedure which is not easy for a non computer technician like myself. We have no idea why the automatic WPS connection should not have worked, maybe it only works well with a Fritzbox and not so good with other makes. Hopefully now because this is a quality German made item and not a PRC China cheapy there will be none of early failures that seem to plague the low priced alternatives. I now have full maximum five bar strength where before I struggled with two or less. Even if the speed is reduced, as reported when using a repeater, it is superior to my previous reception. If things continue as at present I may update my star rating to maximum at a later date. Despite english instruction downloads, some items were still in German. Though my daughter speaks some German, a web based translate facility running on a smart phone or second laptop is helpful to clarify which continue items to click.
on 19 July 2011
Positives - easy to set-up and effective, I have a full wireless signal all over house now :-)
Negatives - has a German plug (I think), which requires a UK adaptor (supplied), which means it protrudes excessively from the wall socket, which is not an issue for where I have put it, but could be if in area of high foot traffic. Instructions are in German, luckily it is very simple to setup.
44 comments|4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 July 2011
i just bought one of these. unfortunately the one on here is the german version. it does not come with a UK plug, does not have an english instruction manual, and all the web pages are in German. The language cannot be changed on it. the english firmware will not install on it, as it is not the "international version". i am very dissapointed.
on 22 May 2012
I have a lot of steel beams through my apartment and the Fritz box whilst getting a connection on laptop and ipod touch etc was not getting a proper connection so internet was not reached. Slapped this in followed the instructions and set to a fixed chanal and shes been up and running for about a week now.. cool display where you can stream any message you want which is a nice touch.... i currenlty get around 20mb download and 7mb upload with a fairly decent ping on the repeater which is pretty much inline on direct wifi connection to the router.... this is based on a 52mb and 10mb wired connection. i really recommend, and their support has been great. i had a couple of questions of optimizing and the AVM team were pretty good.