5.0 out of 5 stars Strange But True
Published on 18 Feb. 2013 by Winkle

3.0 out of 5 stars but delivery was super quick, it was the next day even though ...
The amazon packaging was absolutely massive!! but delivery was super quick, it was the next day even though i was expecting 5-7 days!!

The headphones are okay, The quality reflects the price, I'm a bit worried about the point where the cable attaches to the headphones as I have seen this rubber fitting before and I has not proven to be very durable...
Published 9 months ago by A. Bankole

5.0 out of 5 stars Strange But True, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: AKG K44 Closed Back Headphones (Electronics)
In the Studio I find it strange that most of my female vocalist prefer the feel and warmth of sound of these AKG K44 Headphones in preference to the normal (5 times the price)Beyer Dynamic DT100 Industry Standard phones. I must agree, having used Beyers and AKGs for many years these cheaper phones can sometimes come as a nice refreshing change to the norm, albeit these have not got the complete clarity and crispness of the Beyers, but the sound from them is more relaxing and less tiring on the ears. A bargain at the price but...... I don't think would stand up the general 'rough and tough' daily abuse the Beyer DT's would normally get from some clients. All the same, good quality sound at this remarkable price with (of course) the infamous AKG Tag on them. Now if you are set on getting some AKGs at a good price and dont like the reviews on these, spend just a couple of £'s/Euro's more as I would strongly recommend the AKG K512's at a very similar price. The high's and lo's of the response are similar between the two models but the main advantage with the 512's is you can 'crank up' the level going in to them without distortion and the overall 'fit' is a bit more snug on the head. Great for Rock Guitarists who want to make their ears bleed as well as loosed the ear wax whilst monitoring their playing.... Hope this review helps.

October 2013. About 8 months on from when I bought these. They have had some typical Studio abuse from 'Frustrated Rock Guitarists' recently who put them through hell and made me crank up the monitoring volume levels in to them to excess. guess what..? the phones came through it shining all the way. More proof of their outstanding quality for the price. I still can't get it many people prefer them to the Studio Standard Beyers.. but it's been proven for itself virtually daily. As I have said before the girls love-em for their lightness and relaxing easier warmth of sound on the ears...... 'Rock On AKG Man'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 16 April 2013
This review is from: AKG K44 Closed Back Headphones (Electronics)
Although these might not be suitable for the needs of a high end audiophile I think for the money they represent excellent value for money. I have four pairs of these now which I use in different situations and am very happy with them. I also find them comfortable even after wearing them for some time.

5.0 out of 5 stars great VFM, 13 July 2013
This review is from: AKG K44 Closed Back Headphones (Electronics)
These are excellent Headphones that have a great frequency range and good levels of details. A bargain at this price

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely powerful and lightweight!, 11 Feb. 2014
This review is from: AKG K44 Closed Back Headphones (Electronics)
This set of headphones is so lightweight that I even forget I'm wearing them. Was not sure between these and the Sennheiser HD201, but even thought these last ones are more popular, the AKG K44 have better specs. They are really powerful, comfortable and muffle external noise well. Came in only a few days after requested and would definitely recommend for anyone seeking good quality headphones for an affordable price!

5.0 out of 5 stars loud, 4 Dec. 2013
This review is from: AKG K44 Closed Back Headphones (Electronics)
I got these for my 96 year old, hard of hearing, dad because 115dB/v SPL was quoted, which is quite loud. He likes them.
He's already used AKG K 512 headphones for some years and likes those because they are also loud.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality for the price., 13 April 2014
This review is from: AKG K44 Closed Back Headphones (Electronics)
These headphones produce a pretty good sound for the price. The only thing is I thought that if I was wearing them I wouldn't disturb others around me with any noise. Unfortunately it isn't the case. I wouldn't use them on public transport as it is irritating if you are sitting beside someone and they can here your music and don't want to. Still for the price they are pretty good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, with quality sound, 20 Jan. 2015
This review is from: AKG K44 Closed Back Headphones (Electronics)
Weep as your ears will be subjected a superb quality sound. For the price of these they beat even more expensive headphones- They have a warm, deep (but not too bassy) sound and even hold up against the most reckless 5 year old on the planet (I've not met every 5 year old on the planet, but really he would give them a run for their money) and then still preform well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, 29 Nov. 2012
This review is from: AKG K44 Closed Back Headphones (Electronics)
Worth the money sound ok and are comfortable for long periods of time compared to my Sony on ear headphones. You get what you pay for and they do feel a little cheap but then they are. Really good as a spare set of head phones around the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price, can't go wrong., 24 April 2014
This review is from: AKG K44 Closed Back Headphones (Electronics)
I bought these because my previous recording headphones were causing me to experience pain behind and below my ears where they were resting on top of my ears. These sit snugly around my ear and so do not cause this problem even after hours of wearing them.

For the price, the sound is very good. It lacks definition and because the speakers are a little far from your ears the sound is a bit unusual but I can't complain. They do the job well, block out a lot of external sound (and so are great for recording vocals - what I use them for) and they're comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good headphones, 18 Aug. 2013
This review is from: AKG K44 Closed Back Headphones (Electronics)
Cheap and good quality audio. Comfortable head piece, however ear-cups are a bit too shallow for my ears, they start to hurt after 2 or so hours. But apart from that, great.

AKG K44 Closed Back  Headphones