5.0 out of 5 stars How long have I waited for this CD....
Published on 31 Oct 2004 by Clr

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
I like it
Published 2 months ago by sven-inge svensson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars How long have I waited for this CD...., 31 Oct 2004
I was lucky enough to buy this in Germany in early Oct, it is excellent! But then Phil is and always will be the best writer/singer of love songs for me. This collection of the best slow songs from all of his albums (CDs to the youngsters) plus some previously unpublished material is long, long overdue. Having said that if this was done earlier there would have to be a new 'collection' every few years (how many others have brought out the same 'best of' collection over and over again!!)
Tearing and breaking is growing on me, i know it is going to be my favourite track in a few days (although at first hearing I thought it was terrible).
I am not so fond of the other 'new tracks 'especially 'somewhere'which is just too slow.
Always (advertised as unpublished) is actually on the CD single of Both Sides, for the last five years it's been the track I have sung to my daughter to get her to sleep - so 'always' has long been my favourite.
I was really disappointed that seperate lives was not the original - however the live version is very easy to listen to, it's not too slow (as have been the last few live performances of this song).
Another frustration is that 'least you can do' is different to the testify version. Why fix it when it ain't broke??
This CD went in the car the minute i bought it, it's been played over and over for the last two weeks. I don't think it will ever need to be changed again. Life is just a little better for having all these wonderful songs together on two CDS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Collins compilation, 3 Nov 2004
A well-chosen blend of the familiar (big hits such as "Groovy Kind Of Love") and the obscure (Phil singing Irving Berlin's "Always"), this compilation is never less than enjoyable. Nice to have tracks previously only available on B-sides and the like collected in one place. Now, any chance of a Volume 2?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection, greater songs, 16 Mar 2006
Sam "msaa500" (York, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This album is one of my favorite. I just love it. The choice of songs, and the order moves you from one great song to another. Try to listen to it on a surround system, and you will feel every beat of the music. This compliation is also suitable for everyone, weather you are a fan of Phil Collins or not, this CD is unmissable, you will definetely enjoy it, and enjoy the feel of great music.

5.0 out of 5 stars possibly the best cd you could buy., 8 Aug 2006
now, to say that phil is a good singer/drummer/songwriter you'ld be almost as wrong as phils acting... he's not good. he's genius. when you think of the songs phil has writen or song they are some of the best songs of the 80's (which was the best decade for music so far anyway). and even the fair few covers on this album, phil makes each and every one his.

worth buying just for the live tracks... and least you can do. the best song off this compilation...

4.0 out of 5 stars Your fill of Phil, 12 Nov 2004
Amanda Richards "Hotpurplekoolaid" (ECD, Guyana) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
If music really can soothe a savage beast, this CD would have been all Van Helsing needed to get through Dracula - plus all his offspring, and all Dean Koontz heroes (from his man-fiddling-with-nature stories) would only need a CD player to end the story swiftly on a quiet note.
This is a gigantic collection of ballads, with every slow Phil Collins song you ever (and never) heard of. Even fans of Phil's would consider themselves full with two CD's of slow songs - a somnambulist's dream.
You know most of the songs by heart, and maybe the perfect time to listen to this would be on a romantic evening with the rain falling softly outside.
Warning: Do NOT listen to this album while operating heavy machinery, while driving on a highway, or while driving heavy machinery down a highway.
Amanda Richards

5.0 out of 5 stars Phil at his wrist slitting best..., 27 Sep 2005
Like it or lump it, Phil Collins writes a cracking love song. Phil Collins was the ideal soundtrack to my teenage years in the late eighties and I'm still listening nearly twenty years later. "If leaving me is easy" still has tears running down my face now. There are some omissions - my own home made version includes more of the early stuff, "You know what I mean" from Face Value and "Why Can't It Wait Till Morning" from Hello I Must Be Going. I'd also cheat and add a couple from the Genesis album Duke, probably "Alone Tonight" and "Guide Vocal" and maybe "In Too Deep" from Invisble Touch. There's one song missing that I heard once, lost and have not heard since. It is a recording of a track called "It's Over" that Phil recorded at his home studio and was on the B side of a single released from Dance Into the Light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable all the way through!, 13 July 2009
JB (Jersey, Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
Bought this to replace a faulty copy I bought ages ago and hadn't played (not from Amazon I might add!) the bits I really liked were the bits that wouldn't play properly so I decided to buy a new one. There's loads on this album,it's a really good mixture and a pleasure to listen to - I'm not one for 'love songs' as such and didn't buy it for that reason, it's definitely not soppy! I have some early Phil Collins which I bought years ago and really like too and this album finishes my collection nicely.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 1 Feb 2007
I think this is an OK album. I was bought this as a gift and put it on and liked a couple of the songs on it. I bought it for my mum who loved it more than I did but she loves any kind of love songs whether they are good or not.

I prefer his faster fun dancey songs that he did in the 80s and this album is a bit of a let down when I know what he can do and has done with songs in the past.

I give it a 4 because they are well sung and produced although they just don't suit him as an artist and he is better og doing something more upbeat in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars great songs, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Love Songs (MP3 Download)
Love Phil Collins and all his songs but this CD has the best of the best. Recommend you just listen for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song selection from Phil Collins, 31 Mar 2014
I'm a Phil Collins fan and I just love this compilation. It's playing in my car for several days. Really great.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›