5.0 out of 5 stars Great product
Bought these as we were off on a family holiday, leaving the house empty for a month, and last time we left the house we were burgled!

Published on 17 Jan 2011 by Mrs. C. Clarke

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but lasted all of about a week!
Worked OK at first, using two of the three purchased. Within a week they've stopped functioning correctly. No longer switching on and off as desired, seem to get jammed. Also, the whole 24 hour time pattern shifts quite alot, by about an hour each week. Quite a disappointing purchase!
Published on 31 Dec 2009 by J. HYER

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but lasted all of about a week!, 31 Dec 2009
This review is from: Kingavon BB-TS210 24 Hour Plug-in Timer Socket Set (DIY & Tools)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 17 Jan 2011
Mrs. C. Clarke (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

Whilst we were on holiday I had a phone call from my eldest daughter. Her friend had been past the house and seen lights on so called my daughter to see if she was at our house, she worried that there had been someone in the house so called me. Her friend had also told her that the light had gone out a short while later too. As soon as she told me what time this had occurred I told her not to worry, that the kitchen light had been set to come on at that time!

My neighbour who was keeping her eye on the house had a list of times that the lights were due on and off so she could differentiate whether there was an intuder. Apparently people were still knocking on the door when the lights were on thinking there was someone home, so overall this product did it's exact job and the house was (thankfully) as we left it on our return.

There is usually someone home all the time at our house, so having these timers on lamps were a brilliant precaution for a time when our home was at it's most vunerable. It made us feel much better leaving it.

Would recommend this product, but just know that they can only be used on plug in lighting devices like table/stand alone lamps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap and cheeerful time switches, 25 Nov 2009
I bought these because of the price. I have tested them and they perform perfectly, with switching intervals of 15 minutes.

Setting the switching times is a bit fiddly as the segments are black and rather difficult to see. Setting the tiny segments using your fingers is almost impossible but using the tip of a pencil/ballpoint makes the task much easier.

They are lightweight and would have benefited from a cover over the segment disk to prevent accidental setting of switch times, but hey, they were dirt cheap so they are still excellent value.

Strongly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, 13 Sep 2011
I bought one of those digital timers, expensive, and difficult to set, and after a couple of months the timing changed, so I bought these very easy to use timers. Brilliant, so simple and work perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 18 Feb 2010
These are the cheapest timeswitches I've bought but so far (after one week) the one I'm using has worked fine.

They are similar to another low cost timeswitch I have but with one big difference. You can only access part of the dial (about 45 degrees) of the other timeswitch to set the time on it and this can be awkward and I've found that over time it becomes quite hard to set (maybe as it wears). This model is better becuase you can grip 360 degrees around the dial so setting the time is a breeze.

Because there is an on/off control every 15 minutes you can have as many on/offs per day as suits you. The downside is that it's a little bit fiddly to set but on the positive side there's no small removable pins to lose as some have.

Another plus point is the LED that lights to indicate the load is switched on.

They are not as solid as the more expensive styles but they are a fraction of the price.

All in all good value for money and does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars timer sockets, 7 Nov 2011
J. Dickenson "docdicko" (england) - See all my reviews
read a few reviews decrying this item like didnt work, flimsy settings, etc. but took a risk and ordered anyway before going on holiday. Good job i did, these are cheap and dont feel that robust but mine all work and are fantastic value. wouldnt hesitate to recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Work OK but very noisy, 8 Dec 2009
Do the job OK - but have to be the loudest timers in the world. Even with the TV on in the living room I can hear it ticking away - sounds like it is raining constantly outside.

5.0 out of 5 stars John, 12 Nov 2011
Johnknee "John" (Lancashire, England.) - See all my reviews
A bit fiddly with the switches perhaps but it didn't concern me.

All 3 timers have worked fine with no problems so its 5 stars from me!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish keep clear, 4 Nov 2012
Didn't last 2 weeks ,
one decided to ignore the fact it is supposed to go off after working for 3 days
One from working switching on off quietly suddenly started to sound like time bomb ticking too loud to have on
Third didn't even bother trying

Nicely ripped off guess should have known better and for the price guess they bank on you not bothering to return I imagine the cost of build with these is about 5 p .... About the quality or lack of

Amazon should pull this from their site

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 25 Feb 2010
Thomas A. Bruford (West Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this item but had to return it because the timers did not work, my investment in digital timers was much more productive