4.0 out of 5 stars In Which We Meet Addison, a Nice Girl From Somewhere Else
Private Practice is a spin off of Grey's Anatomy created by Shonda Rhimes. The show follows the life of Dr. Addison Montgomery as she leaves Seattle Grace Hospital in order to join a private practice (Oceanside Wellness) in Los Angeles. The team at Oceanside Wellness consists of divorced couple Sam (internal medicine) and fertility specialist Naomi Pete (an alternative...
Published on 8 Mar. 2009 by welshboy87

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite Grey.
Greys Anatomy is my guilty pleasure,so I was looking forward to this. It didn't quite hit the spot. It is more colourful being set in LA there is a lot of beach and beautiful people. It focuses more on the personal life of the doctors and less on patients. It is quite formulaic patients come into the practice and the doctors learn something from them about themselves and...
Published on 30 Jan. 2012 by KAW

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price and great show!, 5 July 2012
This review is from: Private Practice - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I love private practice and decided to collect all the DVDs so I could watch them all together. If you like Greys anatomy you will love this, it has a great cast and brilliant storylines. It won't take long ebfore you get hooked!

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 24 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Private Practice - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This is unbelievably bad and I have abandoned it after a few episodes.Having enjoyed Greys Anatomy which actually had a certain authenticity to it,I was most disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Private Practice Season 1, 20 April 2013
This review is from: Private Practice - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Great TV series. A must for anyone who is a fan of Grays Anatomy. I have just also purchased Series 2. Excellent service by the seller - recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Private Practice season1, 3 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Private Practice - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Received quickly and enjoyed the series. Sorry cannot think of anything else to say Ifg people enjoyed Greys Anatomy they will enjoy this series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Private Practice - Season 1 - Interesting show, 31 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Private Practice - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I've never seen this 'grey's' so can't compare at all.

Really never knew anything at all about PP either; was looking for a time filler and as I can't stand fantasy/sci-fi or anything remotely like it, (that's all what seem to be out there now), I was happy to find this.

I was apprehensive as I'd just finished watching a hyped up DVD film and it was dire, so I was sort of prepared for disappointment if you like. But I was surprised by PP. I got into it straight away - sometimes I have to watch stuff a couple of times to get in tune with the characters, but not with this one. The characters are very believable and likeable from the start.

Throughout watching PP, I thought it had a familiar feel about it, then I realised it is an ABC Studios production. Being a MASSIVE fan of Brothers and Sisters, it dawned on me why I found the show so appealing. It has a similar kind of sense of humour. It is dry and consistent, though in PP at times, it was a tinsy bit explicit. Didn't like that very much. It's humour comes from the excellent cast. The show had time for the humour, yet it is dotted with the serious stuff. That came in the form of baby swapping, marital problems and mental illness - that's just in the first episode!

The cast included Taye Diggs, Kate Walsh, Audra McDonald, Chris Lowell, Tim Daly, Amy Brenneman, Paul Adelstein and Kadee Strickland. Characters are Sam, Naomi, Cooper, Addison, Violet and Pete.

It's a passable dvd with potential.

One let down was the amount of discs, just three, which meant less episodes, but then I read about the writers strike.

May PP have many more seasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as Greys Anatomy, 5 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Private Practice - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
So good in fact, we watched it all in less than 8 days... so much for a "seasons" entertainment. Sharp, witty and funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 5 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Private Practice - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
One of the best medical programmes ever to be screened, must admit I absolutely loved every minute of it!! Great stuff!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this show!, 17 Feb. 2010
Amazon Customer (An American in England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Private Practice - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
As a fan of Grey's Anatomy, I had to give it a try and really love the show. The following seasons are even better!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 15 Nov. 2014
A fairly entertaining series but not a patch on Grey's Anatomy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wish I hadnt bothered! Wont be getting season 2 ..., 10 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Private Practice - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Wish I hadnt bothered ! Wont be getting season 2.

Private Practice - Season 1 [DVD]
Private Practice - Season 1 [DVD] by Kate Walsh (DVD - 2009)