5.0 out of 5 stars Great Nostalgia
I bought this so I could hear a bit of nostalgia;I'm going to buy another one right now as we've sent the first one to Melbourne,Aus.,for my 3 yr old grand-daughter who just loves it (plus her mum likes it to!)
Published on 11 Jan 2010 by Mr. Graham Ferrier

3.0 out of 5 stars Strange Selection
Generally good selection of childrens' favourites, with the exception of Frankie Howerd's Three Little Fishes which he performs with his usual "suggestive" voice, making it somewhat unintelligible to children.
When did the Dam Busters March become a childrens' favourite?
Beware : Sparky's Magic Piano (Parts 1 & 2) is only half the story!!!
Published on 20 Sep 2009 by C. Somerville

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Nostalgia, 11 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Laughing Policeman: Vintage Children's Favourites (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Revisit my childhood, 2 Feb 2010
It was lovely to hear some of the old songs I used to sing along to when I was a child. I am now introducing the same songs to my little grandson. He loves them.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Laughing Policeman:Vintage Childrens Favourites, 27 Jun 2011
This CD was great. I loved all the old nursery songs especially the laughing policeman. Priceless. The only thing is that my small children, boy is 1.5 and girl is 2.5 both started crying when they heatd it. They were scared!!!!! But they have listened to it a few times now and love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes you back!, 7 Jan 2012
AV maestro (Sutton Coldfield) - See all my reviews
This is an essential CD for children everywhere, especially grown-up ones. All your favourites are here: Teddy Bears' Picnic, Three Little Fishes, Run Rabbit Run...just look at the track listing. And they are all the original versions.

The only thing missing is Uncle Mac's voice - now that would be marvellous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Music and Memories, 22 Jun 2011
Wonderful collection that brought back thousands of memories - do we buy albums like this for the music or for the memories that they evoke? Whatever, it's great, and you can relive your past when Uncle Mac grumbled his way through Children's Favourites.

3.0 out of 5 stars Strange Selection, 20 Sep 2009
C. Somerville (Ohio) - See all my reviews
When did the Dam Busters March become a childrens' favourite?
Beware : Sparky's Magic Piano (Parts 1 & 2) is only half the story!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Laughing Policeman, 31 Oct 2011
I am really pleased with the service I received and the CD Laughing Policeman my wife Pamela has Parkinsons
when her carers are not looking she puts it on to great amusment
Kind Regards
Alfie Sibbons

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the move beyond nursery rhymes, 29 Jan 2011
My kids, 3 & 5, just love to sing & dance to these, and we love them too. "Run rabbit run", "buckingham palace", "nellie the elephant", "sisters", "teddy bears' picnic". All original renditions I think. Not all are great: we hate the Frankie Howard too, & "four legged friend" is vile in its sexism; but that subtlety is beyond them at the moment. I wish I'd been lucky enough to know these songs this well as a kid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just the policeman laughs!!, 13 Oct 2013
Carol Knight (York UK) - See all my reviews
My cd arrived quickly and good condition.

I bought as a reminiscence tool for people with dementia, to stimulate memories of times with their children when they were growing up. So far we have not managed that but we have had a some really good sing-a-long sessions and lots and lots of laughs! I would recommend as a music therapy too to anyone working with dementia!

Carol

4.0 out of 5 stars memories, 6 Dec 2011
alot of tracks known some good old classics love the laughing policeman and others good for the young and old

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Laughing Policeman: Vintage Children's Favourites
The Laughing Policeman: Vintage Children's Favourites by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2008)