Size: Unspecified|Colour: Killer-Whale Black SwimFin|Change

on 21 May 2009
I bought this for my 4 year old daughter to help her to learn to swim. I have tried the arm bands and even the floatation vests for kids. The arm bands impaired the movement and the flotation vests were unstable especially for children and dangerous in my opinon, because if they put their heads in the water the vest hindered them from lifting their heads out of the water.

However the swimfin is abosulutely amazing. My daughter normally nervous when she is in slighltly deeper water, let go of my hands withing minutes of wearing the fin.
After that I just left her to it really, obviously in close proximity. She was swimming up and down the pool, even at the deep end confidently (albeit in a more vertical doggy paddle style)

Now I am teaching her to move her arms out of the water and there is no restriction in movement.

I would this recommend this for any child learning to swim. (it goes without saying for the parents, that supervision is still needed!)
on 19 March 2009
This was fantastic, my child has special needs and this was a really good buy for swimming.
on 2 October 2010
We weren't sure what to expect when we ordered this really (having maybe rather rashly ordered two) and when we received it I have to say I wasn't entirely convinced it was going to work. It feels a bit insubstantial and when you put it on the children it doesn't look secure enough, particularly as our two are at the very bottom end of the weight range (ages three and two) and if you fix the straps tight the velcro only just meets. You just wonder how it is going to support them in a safe position. They both loved trying them on though even if they didn't fully understand what they were for. Once we got them in the water though, I have to say I was astonished. I led my little boy into the water holding him with both hands and didn't even realise when he started floating. All you needed to do was be holding one of his hands and be stable yourself for him to be secure and confident in any position - even on his back. Our little girl, who is the younger of the two, was equally happy with it. Neither of them have any comprehension of swimming techniques yet but they had no fears at all with this on. I wouldn't advise you leave them entirely on their own with it if they aren't at least trying to swim, but I would have to say that as soon as your child is big enough for one of these, throw away the inflatable apparatus, floats, kickboards, whatever - this is all you need. You may find the straps are best not used on bare skin but I can't really find any other drawbacks in use. It is not obstructive in any way and I don't know how many amused and impressed looks and comments we got at the pool. We certainly didn't see anyone else with one but I really do hope this proves to be the future.
on 4 May 2010
Within the first session of wearing the fin compared with normal armbands my daughter's swimming ability and confidence improved massively. She also loves wearing it I would totally recommend it.
on 12 June 2014
Brilliant invention! 2 year old loves it, keeps him afloat perfectly, and Granny loves it because it's safe, no need for blowing up armbands just strap the fin around the child's chest. Great for child's confidence in learning to swim and also bring's a smile to anyone's face when they see a "Dolphin" walking around the pool! Highly recommended and worth the price.
on 20 July 2015
So far not impressed. It scratched my daughter's back. It has a seam in the middle which is quite hard. Also, my daughter is tall and skinny so the strap is not tight enough for her. The fin keeps falling down and she tips over on her face. Going to keep proposing it though as I've read so many good reviews but my daughter currently refuses to wear it.
on 22 September 2014
Brilliant, easy to use and has really helped my 3 year old learn to swim as arms totally unrestricted. It is a little bulky but most of us who go swimming already carry large bags to holds towels etc... Goes on easily and can be used for swimming on front and back. Never had a problem getting my son to wear this due to him wanting to be a shark
on 26 March 2014
We have used it only on few occasions and my son is almost 3. He was unable to maintain balance in water and was falling forwards in to the water. I am not sure if this is the start and he will learn. I bought this after looking at the reviews from the others. It looks very nice on him specially with his wetsuit
on 1 May 2015
Brilliant, pity they are not cheaper making them available to a wider population and getting little ones swimming and safer in water at an earlier age.
The fin lets arms and legs free for easier maneuverability. He will be off like a shark by yhr end of the summer!
on 11 July 2010
This is a fantastic swimming aid. Please throw out your children's armbands and buy one of these instead. The product was introduced to me by a Virgin Club swimming instructor and is a unique product as it is useful for total beginners from 18 months (not 3 years as suggested on websites) as well as improving novice swimmers. My two grandchildren aged 2 and 4 love their fins. The 4 year old is already a good swimmer (A.S.A. level 4) but enjoys the fin for improving strokes on back and front. The younger 2 year old boy will soon be able to swim without the fin as unlike when using armbands, the swimmer's arm movements are unrestricted and constantly developed in use. Highly recommended. Swimming is a vital skill and can save lives apart from being a wonderful sport and recreation.