on 9 October 2009
I bought this after reading the other reviews. I must say, I was rather suprised when it arrived because it was so light. But after using it for the 1st time, I'm hooked! Within an hour of receiving it, I'd steam cleaned the kitchen floor and the carpet in my living room, and was very pleased with the results. While I was away on holiday, my daughter had brought in 2 kittens and they'd soiled the carpet. (Bless them!) Even after numerous bouts of scrubbing, the smell was still there. After using the steam cleaner - nothing! It's great! There's no heavy pressure needing when using it, which is a Godsend because I suffer with severe back trouble. I added some scented ironing water to the water tank, and it just gave the rooms a fresher smell. I would recommend this product to anyone thinking of getting a steam cleaner. Although I've never used one before, so have nothing to compare it to, I would definately give it 5 stars. Thank you Home-tek!(And Amazon!)
on 9 April 2009
I have been using this now for six weeks and wonder how I managed before. My first go had my enthusiasm drop to the floor thinking how hard it was to use, but then I realised that I should not be using it like an ordinary mop and just very, very lightly and very slowly move it over the floor (not easy for those of used used to a vacuum cleaner and a mop/bucket). This produced the desired results and I have not looked back. If the floor is really dirty with ground-in marks it would be better to get on hands and knees and clean it, then keeping it clean and sanitised is easy - I use it 2-3 times a week on the hall, bathroom and kitchen floors, finding that it is almost dry as it goes. I purchased more pads and 2 of the water softener bottles. The reason it does not have 5 stars is because the lead could have been longer and I have to use a extension lead to move from room to room. The pads are easily cleaned in the washing machine. It is very light and stands behind my kitchen door ready to go. There is a part you just stand the machine into and it will glide over carpets sanitising them. It is not a carpet cleaner but it is brilliant to keep it fresh after vacuuming for little ones using carpet.
22 comments|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 November 2010
With a 3 year old & a four year old, a puppy and of course my husband going in & out our floors take a lot of washing. But to do that takes time. First to find the mop & bucket (not much space so have to put away), then to find the floor cleaner, then to pick up all the things that fell out of the cupboard when I opened it to get the cleaner, then to wash all the dishes first to get into the sink to fill the bucket, then half an hour later after all of this its too late to mop as the kids need lunch or the dog needs out etc etc!!! A five mnute job takes about an hour! I LOVE THIS MOP!!! (How sad is that!!??). It fits behind the door. I takers a second to plug in, a few seconds to fill from the tiny water jug (like an irons!) 30 seconds to heat up, and your ready to mop. Don't scrub! Just wipe over slowly and gently and its done (Its light too)! The whole ground floor in 5 minutes!!! My mum thinks its rediculous to spend this amopunt fopr a mop when a mop & bucket would do, but you know what!? My time is more valuable than that, keeping my stress down & my house clean is well worth it. Forget the Loreal ad! This mop should be saying "You're worth it!". Anyway - You don't have to buy all the expensive floor cleaners anymore so ultimately will save! And it can steam over and sterilise any puppy accidents too! Even on the carpet!!!Great item!!!
on 14 October 2009
Very happy with this product...does exactly what it says on the tin!! So much easy and less hassel than a mop and bucket!!! Would recommend! :-)
on 13 May 2009
I was sceptical about the mop before use but I was very pleasantly surprised when using it. It doesn't leave a wet floor as do the standard floor mops and with it being steam, I feel it's a more hygenic clean.
Overall, I am very pleased with the product.
on 11 June 2009
The Light 'n' Easy is one of the best things i have ever brought myself for cleaning. It takes all the sweat out of cleaning floors, and in
virtually half the usual time it would normally take you.
Great buy, well worth the money. I would recommend to anyone..
on 18 June 2009
i bought this item because i have laminated floors in my kitchen & dinning room & they took a while to dry after cleaning with a mop, this elite steam mop is easy to assemble & use & gets up all the dirt & scuff marks off the floor easily without all the hassle of scrubbing on your knees & dries in no-time & it also works well on carpets, overall i'd say good value for money.
on 24 May 2009
Bought this steamer for my wife she had another type and it lasted one year and two weeks it was going to cost as much to get repaired as it costs to replace it with this one and she said that this one seems to be a lot better hope it lasts longer we have a lot of floor tiles and wooden floors so it is doing the job very good would recomend it give it a bash
Archie
on 11 February 2010
Having read all of the reviews here before I bought, I wasn't sure what would arrive. A flimsy, plasticky thing with the life expectancy of a dust mite? Well, it may conk out after a year - in which case I may just give it a decent burial and then buy another one!

I filled it with tap water as I live in a soft water area. But I can imagine it wouldn't last long if used with hard water.

It's amazing. I haven't cleaned the wooden floors in my garden office for a year. Please don't be sick - it's true. They've been regularly swept and vacuumed, but I could not face the mop and bucket. My three dogs work with me, and we have a coal stove in here too. The floor was dirty.

This little lightweight steam mop cut a track right through the dirt. I am in love. Cannot wait to spring clean all the floors in the office and house.
on 6 August 2011
The previous steam mop was excellent and after 3 years of use it went pop.
We replaced it with this newer version. It isn't as powerful as the last one and it has blown up twice now.
I was told by the repair shop that it was because we used hard water. There is a peice of paper in there saying to avoid using hard water but the area we live in wasn't highlighted as a risky area.
We filtered the water using a water filter but BANG, up it went.
Had it just over a year and broken twice in that time.
DON"T Buy this unless you have lovely perfect soft water to put in it because it will clog up and blow. This is my personal experience.