on 8 June 2011
I'm a final year University student I needed to use Microsoft SQL Server 2008 for my Visual Studio Project.

The book explained everything I needed to know, and worked from within the Visual Studio IDE. The book focuses on using the SQL Server Management Tool (but it works the same if you import the MDF file into the VS Project).

It explains perfectly for beginners and explains all you need to get the job done. It assumes you already know some SQL, and it is ideal that you do. It also shows you how to create views, table relationships, and some advanced database configuring techniques.

I can honestly say, this book was a life-saver, I learned more from it than I did from my tutor!... it was well worth it.
on 2 October 2012
I have been using MS Access for a number of years for various databases and decided it's time to try something, how shall I say...a little...heavier? Decided to download SQL Server; after looking at it for a few minutes I thought "Ouch, maybe not, and immediately uninstalled it, then the other day I discovered this book in my local library and thought I'd try it again. I'm so glad I did, this is absolutely excellent for someone who wants or needs to learn this heavy duty program. Am now flying though the book and designing the databases I need at the rate of knots. I will be buying this book very soon and if you need a tutor for SQL Server I suggest you do too. I can't fault it. Congratulations to Mr.Schneider and Mr Gibson for a job well done and excellent value.
on 15 May 2015
It's an old product (hahaha... 2008 current is 2014 so not that old). This was a perfect reference for an old setup had to do some work on. Didn't need or want to spend lots on manuals and this was fine. System upgraded now so this will be kept as reference for now.
on 28 February 2016
Great quality item delivered on time
on 23 January 2016
Very easy and straight forward