Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 21 February 2015
Fantastic thank you
on 6 July 2013
I bought this CD as a replacement for an old tape and the album is still fresh and arguably OMD's best album. Souvenir, Maid of Orleans and Joan of Arc are the well known tracks however the entire album is coherent and for anyone not aware of OMD's synth-pop style this would be an excellent choice to discover what they do. The vocals and melodies have an almost ethereal feel while the lyrics are intelligent. In my opinion a well constructed and balanced album with variety and vibrancy.
on 31 August 2014
A great band and superb live, English Electric and the tour, what a treat for all fans!!!!although I have all of OMD's work I treated myself to this for the bouns tracks and live recordings to help me remeber the great nights I have had with my wife watching this band and Andy strutt his stuff on the stage!!!so much energy and passion!!!this is a must for OMD fans.
on 20 May 2015
Love this
on 30 March 2015
Blinding
on 9 July 2014
Got this to replace my old original LP!!! Yes I am that old................. Classic then, Classic now - OK its aged but some great songs.
on 20 October 2013
I choose that rating because O.M.D. is my favourite group and I like all the music of this group records.
on 27 August 2009
Orchestral Manoeuvres were/are one of the best bands the best decade of music gave us-having said that one of my omnipresent gripes with the fantastic twosome is that they were always musically giving us more, while lyrically singing us less. While this album is a masterpiece-in fact all their 80s albums but 'Dazzleships' and 'The Pacific Age' were 9/10 crackers-'Crush wins the full whack by having 10 songs on it-a normal feat for the great women of the day-Kim Wilde, Kirsty MacColl, Stevie Nicks, Cyndi Lauper, Bangles etc. But OMD were never normal-or conventional yet as only the 80s can, their undoubted musicianship, songwriting ability and mastery of sound and technique made ALL their singles-and generally most of their albums-accessible, fun, deep, dark, cheery and thoughtful.

But this album is a tease-apart from the wonderful, exsquisite 'She's Leaving', 'Georgia' and 'Joan Of Arc' itself (though the latter, like much of their early stuff intriguingly lacks a chorus-something NO band ever does!) it's really all beautiful music and what wonderful music-but I want more than a couple of bloody lines to sing to. That's why I'm more in tune to their later songs-as they developed choruses and more to sing.

It's annoying-Andy McCluskey is one of the best male singers ever-up there with Simon Le Bon, Marian Gold (Alphaville), Morten Harket and Neil Finn. (George Michael has a great voice too, but his material sucks!), yet he adds his voice almost unwillingly. 'Sealand' is almost truly offensive-I thought it was a damned 2nd instrumental cos the one line there is comes on 3mins 45secs into the song-and it's over in 30secs or less! They're lucky their so good, but come on what a joke is that!? You can take being 'different too far'-and the next album was even worse-just 7 songs on it! No wonder they delivered albums so quickly-all we ever get from them is 8 songs an album-many of which have just a few lines of vocal and ALWAYS a bleeding instrumental!

This album is very good of course-but sometimes their austerity to words and lyrics does really irritate-if only cos how can laud them up when everyone else of similar quality is making songs generally twice as long and with buckets of words. 'The New Stone Age' and 'She's Leaving' vie with A-ha's 2nd 80s album as having the best 2 album openers that were never released! Pathetic-how can such a lauded album have only 3 singles for it-and 'Souvenir' is ruined anyway beacuse a lacks a 2nd verse-thankfully FINALLY added as a bonus track when it should be like this on the album but Kim Wilde has done this mistake twice with 'Dancing In The Dark' and 'Say You Really Want Me'-both versions NOT on the album should replace the shorter wretched album versions!

This album should be owned by everyone that digs talent, individuality but if they'd added just 2 more songs with a few more words, it may have been as great as 'Crush'.