5.0 out of 5 stars Top book!!!
Published on 31 Aug. 2009 by Ms. C. M. Wilkinson

1.0 out of 5 stars Yawn
Published on 9 Nov. 2009 by PageSlave

5.0 out of 5 stars Top book!!!, 31 Aug. 2009
Ms. C. M. Wilkinson "collette" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This is a fab book, it kind of remins me of were hunters from Sherrilyn Kenyon but it has its own individual twist. Lisa Hendrix has done a great job. The story begins with a elite group of Vikings (yum, yum) who travel to England to find treature but they all end up being cured by the evil Cwen and are turned into animals- some by day others by night. The first story is about an eagal and is set in scotland during the medevil times, the follow up story is also great and I'm awaiting for the next 7 books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Different, interesting - I quite liked it., 27 Jun. 2010
E. L. Joseph (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Lately all I read is paranormal romance and for me this book was completely different from pretty much everything I've read.
The concept is interesting and the book flows really well. It is a historical which is totally new for me as I tend to be put off by books which are not set in the present day as the females tend to be weak and boring and the men lording over everything and in fair need of a good slap! Plus the Church influence can be overpowering and irritating (although I suppose key to the time and the story). To be honest as much as I liked this book and will continue reading the series I'm not a convert to historicals - just not my thing.
This book is not only different with its concept of cursed shapeshifting vikings (nice) but it's definately not the fast-paced action packed book you come to expect with this genre. The story progresses at a slow and steady pace - i never found myself bored but its not high adrenaline sort of stuff. The slow pace of the book made the build up to the end much more exciting. Due to the change of pace you knew something big was about to happen and there were a few twists that i totally didn't see coming.
I really enjoyed this book actually but having read the other reviews i can appreciate both points of view. If you like something exciting and important happening every couple of pages then this is not the book for you. However, i would have said that about myself - I stuck with it and I wasn't disapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Come For The Romance, Stay For The Vikings, 22 Mar. 2010
When I read the description for the book I thought...shapeshifting vikings...cool. But it really is. It's an incredibly inventive premise and it more than lives up to it.

Cursed by a witch after they (eek) kill her son, this band of vikings (not all in one book together, thank God, or it would be hard to figure out who was who) is cursed to turn into animals, some by day, some by night. They have little to no control over themselves when they're in their animal form, which I felt added an extra edge. They're also immortal, and spend their time roaming around so that they aren't discovered.

The heroine is great and the hero is one hot sexy hunk of viking. I really enjoyed seeing them fall in love. Very satisfying.

And the end of this book gave me chills. It had action, romance, and vikings, and it's really well written. I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent series, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Immortal Warrior (Immortal Brotherhood) (Kindle Edition)
Easy read, definatly a rainy sunday kind of book, ok story which you can lose yourself in. I would recommend you at least try a sample

1.0 out of 5 stars Yawn, 9 Nov. 2009
I dont think i have ev er given a one star (no i have, to "the cat" and the rest of that series. it physically distresses me to give a one star rating as i love reading. however, i am generally not a fan or historicals and to combine this with paranormal rom just doesnt mix (except if you are karen moning and are reading the highlander series, historical mixed in with 21st cent). this book is very very boring., years ago knights killed a witches son she cursed them to be animals in the day and be human at night, concept is good but story is very mundane, typical idiot leading lady (authors note, historical figures are not all ditsy begging idiots). main lead starts as a feisty woman, literally 5 seconds later she is in love and looking for her missing husband whos a hawk by day who follows her. it is seriously a waste of pages (kills me to say it). The cover looks fantastic, misleading though.