5.0 out of 5 stars Am now in love with Anasma, 9 Aug 2009
D. Hillier (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bellydance Hip-Hop - Liquid Fusion, with Anasma (TWO-DVD set): Bellydancing classes, Belly dance how-to, Hip-hop how-to, Fusion belly dance instruction [ALL REGIONS] [NTSC] [WIDESCREEN] [2009] (DVD)
I like my bellydance with a fusion edge, and being a hip hop and urban dance fan this seemed like an irresistible buy. Anasma manages to create a fusion that not only holds clear references to both bellydance and hip hop but also manages to seamlessly combine the two into a dictionary of incredible an beautiful movements. This DVD is definitely not for beginners, and I have found that you really really need to be prepared to practice each drill to perfect the move - Anasma leads the drills very quickly. I have been dancing for quite a few years and I have found this DVD a challenge, but such a satisfying one! Once I have worked out how to execute a move Anasma's flawless serpentine demonstrations make me want to practice and work harder so I can try to be as good as her!

DVD one combines bellydance and hip hop with a greater emphasis on bellydance, DVD 2 focuses more on Hip hop, including walks, waving and tutting. Again, a challenge! Anasma is a sweet and delightful teacher, lovely to learn from, and really bendy - as shown in the intense warm up and strengthening section. The DVD includes a choreography, three performances, but no cool down. If I want a cool down after practice, however, I am perfectly happy to either stick some music on (when doing this DVD I tend to stop after a move, put some music on and drill the move for a song or two anyway) and do my own cool down or choose a cool down from a different DVD.

If you are into Brice, Jakes, or general Tribal Fusion, I really recommend this DVD. In fact I cannot recommend this DVD enough! I absolutely love it and is my favorite in my collection. If you like to be challenged, if you want some (lets face it) really cool moves, and want four hours of excellent tuition at under 20, buy this DVD!

(Also World Dance New York only publishes all-region DVD's - so there is no region 1 and region 2 nonsense. I e-mailed them to make sure. All their titles work perfectly fine on my non-multiregion DVD, my dell laptop and my mac. Hurrah!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 24 Mar 2010
Henna (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
I've been an avid bellydancer for years, but I never knew the human body could move the way Anasma does in this DVD. I love a bit of a Fusion-type edge on my dancing, but this DVD takes it to a new level. The fluidity and seamlessness of the movements make it seem almost inhuman (and look impossible) but the moves are taught well and at a decent pace.
I'd definitely recommend this DVD - 10/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 30 Mar 2013
Kalaschnikow Irina (Zurich) - See all my reviews
If you love to dance, it is a must in your collection. I am rather clumsy when it comes to Hip-Hop, but watching myself in the mirror makes me laugh and improves my mood instantly. But i am stubborn and after a while my progress was more obvious. Still working out with this DVD allot and do enjoy it. Ah. belly dance part is awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, 10 July 2011
Would recommend this dvd. Its really good to have a variety of moves which Anasma explains and demonstrates really well. It will take lots of practise to perfect as its a advanced choreography. So I would say its more suited for experienced dancers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Oct 2010
Creative, original and beautiful. Not many home DVDs teach you moves that are genuinely cool. Some of them are quite difficult, but the fact that she looks so good kept me really motivated. Challenging, but definitely worth it.