on 5 February 2009
Just bought my first sat-nav and it was the new Navman S100. After having company cars with in built systems, I needed my first portable device and after reading as much as I could on the S100 I plumped for it. As a fortysomething technophobe I was terrified it would show me up in front of the kids but it was so easy to set up and use, even for me. It is a really beautiful bit of kit and having just driven 700 miles with it, the graphics are fab and really easy to follow. The down side is that the S100 is not bluetooth enabled when i thought it would be and the battery life when the in-car charger is switched off is less than 60 minutes. Would still recommend it though.
on 15 February 2010
Replaces my broken N40i, very happy with sat nav all the features I need, very well made, good looking, glide screen can be fiddly but not to bad, use a stylus. Maps look excellent reviewers that state you can't see the screen in sunlight must have issues with there sight as i find the screen fine (looks like google maps).Battery life isn't great but thats what your cigarette leads for. Overall for £60-80 this product is fantastic, I cannot see that you can get a better quality sat nav from any other manufacturers for such a low price.
Also thanks to Zytech 1 for excellent service and supplying me with a product that was described as "as new" and actually is just that.
on 8 October 2009
Satnav talking street names is very good, you don't have to look at the satnav for directions as it tells you in which road or street to turn!
on 18 April 2009
I've been a fan of Navman for some years and decided to upgrade a few weeks ago to the S100. The major flaw with the S100 is the screen. I found the maps almost unreadable in normal daylight. It is otherwise a good, innovative piece of kit. I exchanged the S100 after a few days for a different brand.
on 8 June 2010
I did not buy the unit from Amazon but I thought I would let other know about this device before wasting any hard earned cash.

The post code recognition is less than useless at least in Northern Ireland. I have tried to navigate by inputting a post code or even a full address. The Navman never seems to be able to find a match even when the post code is in a city or other densely populated area. It is near impossible to navigate with this so called facility.
I have used other budget sat nav units before and they were at least able to find my house. I live in a housing estate with approx 150 houses none of which are on the Navmans map even though all the houses have been here since the 60's

The touch screen operation of this unit is very fiddly and awkward to use and does not always recognise a touch then when you try again the screen freewheels much too far. Not a fun experience.

If your software disk gets damaged or lost then you will be out of luck because Navman will not allow you to download a copy of the software. Unless you want to buy it.

In all I have been only been able to successfully use the device once and that was to find petrol station in the year that I have owned this device.

Save yourself a lot of hassle and but a Tom Tom.
on 25 August 2009
Unimpressed with this device. Not very user friendly or intuitive (and I had to overide directions to a postal code as it was taking me off track)
Probably me but I have to reregister everytime i put it on
on 6 September 2011
I found the sat nav very difficult to program due to insensitive touchpad,
however, once configured the directions were very good.
It is a pity that the touch pad was not of a higher standard
on 12 May 2012
a good system used many times by myself and colleagues nobody has got lost yet information contained very helpfull. result three colleagues have bought it since
on 5 August 2010
Simple; Navman S100, don't buy it.

I used this to drive to Manchester, put the postcode in fine, calculated the mileage, (no time function by the way), set off from Gloucester, the Navman instructed me: "drive for 100 miles to Junction 21A".

Those of you with geographical knowledge must realise that this entails more than one driving procedure.
It gradually counted down the miles on the M5 and then M6 at 10 mile intervals, not once did it tell me to stay on the M6 after the M5.

Luckily I roughly knew where I was going but it was god damn useless.

As the other reviews, it barely recognises postcodes, even on houses that are well established, not new estates etc.

Another reason not to buy this is because you cannot upgrade the maps.

Batterly life is fine and looks good. But to use, which most people do whilst driving, which we know is illegal, you would more than likely crash into the central reservation trying to work the supposedly simple touch screen.
on 2 March 2016
Excellent sat nav. Very accurate.

See one answered question