Format: Blu-ray|Change
Price:£9.43+ £1.26 shipping

on 27 May 2009
This is one of my favourite si-fi films from the 1970's with only Alien and Star Wars being better around that time. The story of Logan's Run is that humans live in a massive city which is inside a dome, and they go to a better place when they reach the age of 30. You have people who are called the sandmen and they are like law enforcement bounty hunters. When people become 30 some try to runaway as they are unsure what is going to happen to them. Logan is a sandman and now his time is up too, so the hunter becomes the hunted. The sets and vision of Logan's Run are very good for when it was made. I read somewhere that they might be doing a re-make which could be interesting maybe. I thought the film The Island took ideas from Logan's Run a little but added it's own twist too. I wonder how long we will have wait for a Blu-ray release maybe 10 years lol.
on 7 July 2009
I must watch this film at least once a year. Its up there with Westworld as far as I'm concerned. I just like that '70s kitch science fiction and you can't get much better than this. An all-star cast. York, Agutter, Ustinov and the late Fawcett.
on 7 April 2013
a view from the future where anyone over a certain age is liquidated - its stranger than it sounds sort of barbarella meets the final solution - I saw it in the 70s and had given up hope of seeing it again till I found it on amazon.
on 2 November 2015
What can I say? I must have been 7 years old when I saw this film for the first time, and it still captivates me as it did back then. Brilliant actors, great storyline and enough action to draw you in and keep you entertained.
on 6 September 2008
This film is brilliant. A very original storyline which is both intriguing and engrossing!

Set in the distant future the remains of humanity live within the confines of huge domes (they look similar to the Eden project in Cornwall!) because of years of war, overpopulation and pollution no-one can survive outside of these domes...or so they are told.

No-one within the domes is permitted to live beyond the age of 30, this is in order to prevent overpopulation from happening again. Once a person reaches 30 they are forced to take part in the 'carousel' which 'renews' people who are then reborn (the reality is that they are killed)

Special police units known as 'Sandmen' patrol the domes searching for 'runners' (people who have reached 30 and refuse to take part in carousel) Logan 5 is one such Sandman who is selected for a secret mission to find a place called 'sanctuary'

I won't say any more than that so I won't spoil the film for others but its got alot of twists in the story.

Does this film look dated? Yes. Are the costumes cheesy? Definately! But I don't feel it spoils the film at all. Focus on the story and the acting and I promise you will enjoy it! My wife hates Sci-fi and even she admitted that she enjoyed the film.

The acting is very good, the characters are interesting enough that you actually care what happens to them and considering how old it is I think the special effects are impressive...I can't wait to order the region 2 DVD!
on 17 April 2016
AGAIN!!!!

4 minutes has been missing from the original film..

You can compare with the USA version.

Am very annoyed as usual.

Will never buy an American movie from UK again.
on 25 August 2014
A cult classic and personal favourite. This needs an up-to date remake, such a vivid glam view of a post apocalyptic future. Fantastic movie of its time coming back into vogue. A must for the scifi movie enthusiast.
on 9 April 2015
Great film and the box and disc were fine.
on 3 June 2010
An excellent sci fi film, in line with many of the sci fi books of the time. Predicting mass over population. Solent green was in a similar vien, although with a more depressing background.
on 3 July 2014
Classic film, a must buy. Better version to buy. Remember this as a kid from junior school the headmaster used to show cine films in the hall in the good old pre-politically correct days!