5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely disc, 18 Jun 2011
This review is from: Great Artists of the Century - Ian Bostridge - Schubert: 25 Lieder (MP3 Download)
I had never bought any Schubert lieder before downloading this disc, so I am not able to comment on Ian Bostridge's performance against any other recordings on the market. But I was invigilating a GCSE music listening exam recently in which two songs I thought must be Schubert were played to the students, and I was so captivated by them that I copied the disc number from the acknowledgment on the back of the exam paper, and looked it up in the EMI catalogue when I got home. I am very pleased that I then decided to risk downloading this disc, because I absolutely love it. The interplay between the vocal and piano lines in the songs is beautiful, and the performances from Ian Bostridge and his pianist Julius Drake are simply lovely. I recommend this collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 18 Mar 2013
This review is from: Schubert: 25 Lieder (Audio CD)
Beautiful voice and singing. Great selection of Schubert songs. Nacht und traume and An Die Musik are my particular favourites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 24 Sep 2013
These fabulous songs are totally suited to Bostridge's voice ... his tone just melts my heart at times. This is Bostridge at his best.