5.0 out of 5 stars True West coast hip-hop from the master of G-funk
Published on 20 Aug. 2005 by skidrowan

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many omissions
Published on 20 Jan. 2005 by Phil W

5.0 out of 5 stars True West coast hip-hop from the master of G-funk, 20 Aug. 2005
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This is a collection of Ice Cube's (former N.W.A) greatest hits...and let me tell you IT IS! This record has phat beats, funky bass and master production. Tracks range from chilled melodic songs such as "It was a good day" to G-funk like "check yo self"(uses "the message" recorded by grandmaster flash" and "Bop gun" but also has serious west coast gangsta tracks such as "bow down"(featuring mack 10 and WC) and "hello"(featuring N.W.A)To be brief this album is a must for anyone who likes DR.DRE,Easy E,Snoop and 2PAC, or to anyone who has heard "you can do it" and is interested in his other material or anyone who has never heard good hip-hop! whether you like underground or mainstream you will like this album.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many omissions, 20 Jan. 2005
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
When Ice Cube went solo, he did what only Notorious B.I.G. has been able to replicate. His first two albums were hip-hop classics. The word classic gets thrown around quite a bit, but "AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted" and "Death Certificate" were close to perfect. After these two, there was no way he could do it again was there? But then he went and dropped The Predator and Lethal Injection cementing his place in the hip-hop hall of fame.
So why is it that I have given his Greatest Hits 3 stars? Because unlike his classic albums, this doesn't seem to flow well as a cohesive album, more a bunch of tracks thrown together (I realise that essentially, that's what it's meant to be, but it should at least try and disguise it with some sort of flow).
Whoever decided to start the album with a song as average as "Pushin Weight" needs to rethink their day-job. For a man as prolific as Cube, surely he deserves something like "N*gga ya Love To Hate" or his biggest commericial success "You Can Do It". In fact, the start of this album leaves this reviewer feeling a bit empty with only "Check Yo'self(remix)" hitting home as a classic song in the first four. Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against Cube putting new songs on the album as I happen to like "100 dollar bill y'all". But I feel that "We Be Clubbin" would have benefited with being replaced by the remix featuring DMX.
I've never been a huge fan of "Bow Down" and I feel that "The Gangsta, The Killa, The Dope Dealer" would have been a better representation of the Westside Connection.
Once "Hello" kicks in though, things start to get better, as from here, through "You Can Do It", "You Know How We Do It", the classic "It Was a Good Day", "Bop Gun" and "What Can I Do" its a big string of brilliance.
Then we hit "My Summer Vacation" and "Steady Mobbin'". While I've got nothing against these songs, I do feel that Death Certificate has been gipped to a certain extent by just grabbing the 2nd and 3rd song off it seemingly because they were easy to mix together.
Overall, this album has some great songs on it, the best being "Nigga Ya Love To Hate", "Check Yo'Self", "It Was A Good Day", "Once Upon A Time In The Projects" and "You Can Do It" (although with the amount of airplay its been getting recently - four years after its release - I would tend to hit the skip button). I just feel that there were too many great songs missing - the biggest offenders being "No Vaseline", "Ghetto Bird" and "Gangsta's Fairytale". I also feel that out of the 20 tracks of Death Certificate, some better songs could have been chosen from it.
If you want to get Ice Cube's best work, buy one(or all) of his first four albums. This CD just doesn't do his legacy justice.

5.0 out of 5 stars DEFINATELY ICE CUBES GREATEST HITS, 21 Nov. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I had bought 'Amerikaz most wanted' and i wasn't that impressed. I thought that Ice Cube had been acting a bit childish on some ocasions. After buying this album for the tracks 'Check yo self' and 'It was a good day' i was shocked! They weren't any where near the best songs on the album. All the songs are great! After buying this album i am definatly an Ice Cube fan.
The only song i wasn't kean on was 'The n**** ya love to hate' which i had already owned on my 'amerikaz most wanted' album, (personaly i thought that song was crap) but all the other songs have got great beats and rapping.
The best songs are 'Hello' and 'Bow down'.
The album is way better than i thought it would be. If you are going to buy an Ice Cube album then definatly get this one, you won't be disapointed. Trust me!

5.0 out of 5 stars All Ice cubes best work....nearly., 8 Jan. 2004
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This was actually my first ice cube album and after buying it and hearing the first 12 tracks i went out and bought the rest of his albums! Thats how good this album is, not that I didnt know his songs before hand but I never knew just how many there were!
On this album the great hits like "Today was a good day" "One nation" "Hello" and the list goes on!
I would recommend this to anyone wanting to hear more of Ice cube or to fans who are missing certain tracks but all the tracks have been released previously on his other albums so for those with a full set it isnt worth getting unless you want all of the greatest hits put onto one album called......"Greatest Hits."

3.0 out of 5 stars ice cube greatest hits????, 10 April 2011
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I personally prefer 'the predator' album, not sure about the title of this album.... greatest hits???? Not in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Gr8 album arrived in no time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 18 Aug. 2014
Peter Ainger (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
bad language so watch it ok

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Dec. 2014
Everything was ok

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 April 2015
No complaints

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 April 2014
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Great album, I'm a big Ice Cube fan, but I didn't put all the songs on my iPod as they get old, there's a couple left that I still play. But a cheap and good album from a good seller- I would recommend.