5.0 out of 5 stars Musical Happiness, 18 Sep 2000
This review is from: UB40 (Audio CD)
I first bought this record in 1988, (or whenever in the 80's it was released) so find it unbelievable that there are no other reviews for it !
This album represents one of the strongest offerings from UB40. From the rhythmic beat of Dance with the Devil, to the "I love my girlfriend" groove of "I Would do for You" ( and through the vocal range of "Boys & Girls come out to play") this album is a masterpiece. Having mentioned 3 tracks this doesn't meant that the remaining 7 are weaker - in fact "Where Did I Go Wrong" has to be classed as one of the best UB40 tunes. If you can't tell, I would recommend you buy this. Its in my top 5, along with Signing Off, Promises & Lies and albums by the Counting Crows (August & Everything After) & Green Day (Dookie). I am not a fan of music of just one genre, I just love examples of great music, and UB40's "UB40" is a prime example of great music ! Go get and listen to Birminghams Best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brill!, 6 Jun 2007
Kuruvilla Abraham (Chennai, India) - See all my reviews
This review is from: UB40 (Audio CD)
I agree 2. I've had this album for over 20 years and I still really enjoy listening to it. There isn't a bad song on it and while the other reviewers haven't mentioned it, "You're Always Pulling Me Down' is the standout. This is the album that turned me onto UB40 for life. Buy it. No way will you regret this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only want one UB40 album, it has to be this one!, 3 Oct 2009
Mrs. AJ Atkinson "Loves music" (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: UB40 (Audio CD)
I had this album on cassette when it was first released, so getting a CD copy was essential. UB40 offer a real mix, showcasing all that is best in their music, from the melodic 'Where did I go wrong' to the funkier typical reggae sound of 'Dance with the devil' (although quite heavy on sax for true reggae) - all in all, this is a collection 'must have'. Don't expect much in the way of familiar chart songs, I think the only one from the charts is 'Breakfast in Bed', with guest vocals from Chrissie Hynde. 'Where did I go wrong' and 'I would do for you' were released as singles, but rarely played on radio. Go on, get this album, you won't regret it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ub40 album ever, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Ub40 (Audio CD)
Just keep playing brilliant best ub40 album ever a must have for all fans and seller service really excellent 10 out of 10

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic album, 22 Jun 2009
S. Robinson "ebbhead20" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: UB40 (Audio CD)
I got this album as soon as it came out in 88,based on the brilliant song Where did i go wrong,that maybe wasn't a smash hit as such in Denmark at the time,but it got played a lot that summer in Elsingore. But this record really works as a whole. There is not a bad moment to be found here! What i also find interesting is the artwork,wich is painted by jews imprisoned by the nazis during WW2. So a bit of a contrast to the mood the music puts you in. I often wondered how many of the artists of those paitings survived,if any! Last memory of that album,is that i seem to remember that for some reason it says Jutland on the album,and that's my part of Denmark. I used to think that was the title of the album. Buy this album,you wont regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Come out to play, 20 Sep 2014
This review is from: UB40 (Audio CD)
Arguably the Birmingham Pop/Reggae collective’s most consistent and satisfying long-players, this belatedly eponymous album contains a clutch of hit singles, including lilting (second) duet with Chrisse Hynde: Breakfast in Bed, anthemic chart under-achiever Where Did I Go Wrong, and the layered I Would Do for You. Come Out to Play was another minor hit which should have charted higher, with its deceptively bouncing chorus and memorable musical hooks, whilst even the album tracks are musically and lyrically some of the band’s best work.
Released in 1988, this was the last album to be made before complacency kicked in, and the tiresome covers of Kingston Town and I Can’t Help Falling in Love became the band’s calling cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the boys best albums, 19 May 2007
This review is from: UB40 (Audio CD)
I have to agree with the other reviewer. One of the best UB40 albums. Great songs with great vibes.

5.0 out of 5 stars UB40 Virgin, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: UB40 (Audio CD)
Yes Very Happy with your self's and the seller when it comes to my music. Item come in good time and may i also add for a very good price would recommend to anyone buying Cd,s.

4.0 out of 5 stars CD purchase, 29 May 2013
This review is from: UB40 (Audio CD)
Arrived safely and well packaged, but a bit disappointed that it hadn't been given a new case or the CD cleaned and nothing in the way of an invoice or note.

UB40