on 13 August 2010
This is a great costume but purchasers should perhaps be given a guide to the sizing. My son is only just 4 years old and is average height (circa 100cm) - this suit fitted him perfectly but it would have been too small for some of his friends and I doubt it'll fit him when he's 5.

A good value costume for fancy dress.
on 23 September 2010
It's thin enough that you want to wear something underneath, but this allows for free flowing air through the costume so you stay cooler so this is a bonus, not a fault. Great costume!
on 31 July 2013
We bought these as dance costumes for our 5 and 7 year olds. The age 7-9 size fitted them both perfectly (they are both tall). I was a bit wary as a previous review mentioned lack of quality but to be honest, for what we needed they were fab. They're not the best quality but for what they're designed for - kids dressing up and knocking about - they're perfect.
on 30 December 2012
Great product overall & for the price it's pretty amazing compared to high street stores. The only drawback is the tail is attached by a Velcro strap and not sewn on, this is not that much of a big deal but worth noting! My nephew loved it and kept it on all day. would recommend the Medium size for kids 5-8 years old as the loose fit looks a lot better.
on 14 May 2013
I purchased this for my 5 year old son who with only 5 days to go announced he did want to dress as a lion for a school show! PANIC....I got onto Amazon and ordered this item and forgot to check dispatch time....MORE PANIC......but the lovely people at Smiffy's got the costume out to me with 1 day to go. Great costume, great price and brilliant seller.
on 3 April 2011
had to get this costume for school play, we were pleasently surprised when it arrived, great colour and strangly furry looking very thin but thats an advantage on stage. so far done three shows light and easy to transport does not look durable but who knows, excellant price for the quality.
on 26 December 2013
Bought for my grandson who is just over 2. I ordered the smallest size knowing it would be longish on him for a while but didn't expect it to last until he was around 7 or 8. however, he loves it...so who cares!!
on 24 April 2015
My 3 year old was by far the best lion at the fancy dress party he went to. Although slightly big it was better than expected and he was able to wear jeans and a tshirt underneath the costume.
on 19 April 2015
Excellent value for money and although large will be easily sorted to fit the person wearing it on stage for "Happy Families" by John Godber performed by Southampton University Players
on 9 October 2011
I got this lion costume for a fancy dress party and it was a perfect Lioness-dress. The material is thin and in a warm summer night it was just right thing to wear.