5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality mics for the ps2
As the previous two reviews are just to have a gripe at amazon I thought it was only fair to actually review the product, as the review page is for the product, not to air your disgrace with amazon!!!!

Published on 15 Dec. 2008 by Smallvillenews

Rubbish! They arrived full of scratches and wasn't even in the original boxed. This product is posted as what looks like brand new however you can clearly tell they are 2nd hand. Very disappointed as they were bought for a gift.
Published 8 months ago by Penny

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality mics for the ps2, 15 Dec. 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Pair Of SingStar Wired Microphones (PS2/PS3/Ps4) (Accessory)

These mics are great for the playstation singstar games. Some of the games are available as a whole package including the mics, so if you don't have any its best to buy the game with the mics included to avoid disappointments.

The mics are quite high quility and are very sturdy when used for the purpose they are intended. I say that, because my sons broke the end off one of our mics when they decided to play light sabre games with them, so although it broke, it was not because of the mics being cheap tat.

Anyway, I bought some more with another game and they have lasted really well and are still like new to be honest and yet we are singing all the time with them.

I think that the mics being sold separately is quite a good idea and they are very reasonably priced for the quality of them, although I'd still like to see them being sold with the games too.

The mics can also be used on laptops or computers for voice calls over msn, which is an added little bonus that we discovered when my hubby was working away in Spain and we wanted to talk to him, so I just tried the mic in the mic slot and discovered it worked perfectly for my voicecall (except for having to hold the mic, but its only like holding a phone).

Well worth the money!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the PC too!, 30 Nov. 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
These are the standard mics for use with singing games such as SingStar. I don't own a PS2- I actually bought mine for use with the PC (there is a freeware game called UltraStar, which is based on SingStar) and these mics have a USB connection, so work fine for this. You can play the game with two players by making sure you are recording both channels and setting the game up accordingly. If you don't do this, the blue microphone will work as a standard USB microphone. The microphones fulfill their purpose well and the wires are of a decent length.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 25 Feb. 2009
P. Mills - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Item arrived quickly, seems to work as expected with no problems. Great fun for my daughter on singstar abba!

5.0 out of 5 stars PS2 Microphones, 5 Jun. 2009
Mr. Andrew Hull (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
These are great for the kids. Just remember to shut the door when they start singing. (Its more like wailing in my house)

5.0 out of 5 stars Microphones with swing, 19 Feb. 2009
K. Brentnall "karison" (Dudley, West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
These microphones are very good indeed. Its far better having the two together. Very easy to set up, good sound quality. Enough wire to still make it fun.Excellent price.

5.0 out of 5 stars They do work with the PS2, 29 April 2009
R. Smithbury "Robert Smithbury" (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I read the other reviews about this product and still had a concern as to whether I would nee an adaptor to get these to work with my PS2. Taking comfort from the fact that Amazonwere advertising them as being connectable but concerned that they were being provided by a third party supplying through Amazon I felt that I could always say they didn't do what Amazon said they would do if there was a problem with the supplier.
Anyway, that aside, they turned up quickly and did connect and there is no problem whatsoever. For those of you who were stumped because it didn't have a game controller connector you'll discover (as I did) that there is indeed a USB port on the front of the PS2 and they work perfectly in there.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only mic's you want for SingStar, 23 Jan. 2015
S. Andreas "Andy" (Sweden) - See all my reviews
I tried Sony's mobile app with SingStar and had problems with audio feedback from my home theater system, rendering the game unplayable. I took a chance on these mic's and they work even better than I expected. They seem durable, which is great if you have younger kids. The price is also very good. When searching for a mic they are all in the same price range, but the competitors will only get you 1 mic, so this is pretty much buy 1 get 1 free. The cord is some 4-5 meters long, should be enough for most people. Works great on the PS4/all SingStar versions.

1.0 out of 5 stars This product is posted as what looks like brand new however you can clearly tell they are ..., 6 Sept. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great equipment for an excellent game!, 30 Jan. 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have had the same mics for over two years and never had a problem (my neighbours have though). They have worked consistently and I have not been diasappointed. As a previous reviewer has pointed out, they are very sturdy. My brother was thwacked over the head with one and the mic is still in perfect working order, if only the same could be said of him. They also pick up sound, and pitch (unfortunately for me), very well whether you are screaming or whispering into them. I definitely recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality mics with 3 metres of cable and a USB converter, 10 Jan. 2013
subject2status (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The first thing I noticed about this purchase was the weight of the package - I expected cheap (Poundworld type) mics but these are a quality item - the weight is such that it feels like a professional mic - not what I was expecting at all!

You get two of these - one red and one blue. The cables on each are 3 metres long.

Also included in the package is a USB converter which both of the mics plug into.

Perfect for what I was after - I now have 6 and 8 year old singstars in the house with loud and beautiful singing voices!

Pair Of SingStar Wired Microphones (PS2/PS3/Ps4)
Pair Of SingStar Wired Microphones (PS2/PS3/Ps4) by Sony (PlayStation 3 / 4, PlayStation2)