Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 January 2009
I'd agree. Maybe a little safe, but gorgeous.
It's a lot more trad American soul than I'd normally buy and Ain't Nobody Worryin is still my fav album.
But Mr H's tremendous depth of voice just dragged me in there after a couple of plays. And the other musicians and the production are pretty spot on too.
Did he do the final recordings in Movember, considering that fine mo' he sporting there on the cover art?
(Although I could lose Track 11, which is pretty but a little too middle of the road. The keyboards sound a bit like spa muzik. That'll be a Skip then).
But they follow that up with a huge bass thump & a falsetto on Fine Again.
I defy you not to sing along...
on 1 December 2013
A friend recommended I take a listen to Anthomy Hamilton's music as she thought I would like it. She was wrong, I love it! A really beautiful soulful voice and gorgeous lyrics. I would suggest if you are looking to buy this album then you get the album with additional songs (not the one above), as the song that I really wanted is not on this album (Dear Life) and ended up buying in iTunes. I am now in the process of buying all of Mr Hamilton's other albums, a wonderful artist in a world where so much of the 'music' that is now out there is manufactured rubbish.
on 29 September 2013
Hamilton captures every emotion on this album - it is pure brilliance at its best! Anthony Hamilton really has a god given talent..
on 16 February 2012
It's Anthony Hamilton. You can't go wrong. Wonderful CD that's on repeat in my house. A must have for all music lovers.
on 15 April 2009
Anthony Hamilton, from Charlotte, NC, does not disappoint with yet another superb album, equally as good as previous gems like 'Comin' from Where I'm From'.

It's contemporary American soul R'N'B and it's getting heavy rotation, it's also a great CD to alternate with the Raphael Saadiq album, they both have their own distinctive sounds and great vocals. I can definitely recommend this, 5 stars.
on 9 April 2012
This man has a voice that is so devine.

Before you're even aware of it, the album has you closing your eyes and melting in the smoothness on that heavenly soulful southern voice.

Its got me tapping my foot, fingers and shimming my shoulders.

I am just loving it, mixing the soft with a bit of upbeat - talented, gifted. Different to Soulife but just as great.
on 17 April 2016
The title track of this album is the reason I bought it, I love the track powerful yet poignant at the same time. Anthony Hamilton's range will leave you stunned with its beauty and power. A really soulful album that I'm sure you'll play again and again.
on 6 December 2011
This album is fantastic. Stay with Me is a magnificent tune - I almost want to be going through a tough relationship to fully experience it!! Some of the songs do sound a little similar to ones on older albums but with a voice like that who cares.
on 19 March 2013
This is a man with an immense voice and if you like Soul , funk and the voice of a real singer then this is for you.
I have played this cd to death since purchasing it and would only recommend you buy it . You will not be dissapointed
on 10 March 2009
Straight into my ten desert island soul albums of all time!This is masterful.If you have heard of Anthony Hamilton which I expect you have if you are checking out this album then rest assurred this set delivers his sound and some.Slightly more lush,modern production here but the raw southern edge to Mr.Hamilton's voice is still present.I have all his albums and I think after a few listens that this sits with the best which in my opinion is Soulife (I know you won't agree but it's my opinion).
The mark of a good album is its potential playability in ten years time.This album will offer listening pleasure for an eternity.BUY IT!