5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Romantic Jim Reeves Albums (The Theme on Rose and Moon), 13 April 2011
I don't really like 2 albums on 1 CD edition on any artist. Personally, I find it difficult to listen to the two CDs at the same time because the flow of one record to another is not always perfect. Sometimes, you also hear the difference in the singer's voice in the first record compared to the second. It's rather annoying.

But I must admit that this CD by Jim Reeves featuring Moonlight and Roses and The Jim Reeves Way is perfect. I can listen to it over and over again. I've always loved Moonlight and Roses record which covers the theme of roses and moonlight in the songs. It's one of the most romantic albums, I've ever heard by a country singer. He doesn't sound like a country singer in both of these albums...he sounds more like a romantic crooner or a balladeer! The second record "The Jim Reeves Way" is my parents' favourite because the ambient of this record is incredibly nostalgic and relaxing. It sits well alongside "Moonlight and Roses" album. You may not even notice the change in style unless you listen closely.

At the end of a hard day at work, if you put this record in, it will immediately calm you and nourish your soul with this incredibly warm and wonderful Jim Reeves voice like an oasis. He has a very good way of phrasing, diction and effortless style - he can sing any type of songs. You can hear every single word he sings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jim in top form, 22 Aug 2010
Paul Mechem (guernsey - channel islands) - See all my reviews
Any fan of Jim Reeves needs this cd in their collection as it showcases Jim at his best. moonlight and roses has always been one of my favourite albums because of the warm,relaxing mood it creates, whilst the Jim reeves way lets us hear Jims final recordings. bmg need to issue more in this series as Jims original albums are better than the cobbled together compilations that are being issued at the moment.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Package, 28 Jan 2010
Ken Ashby "kashby14" (Hobart. Tasmania. AUS) - See all my reviews
Moonlight and Roses is a wonderful cd with excellent songs..Great Sound
The Jim Reeves Way is also good ..I think the Best album of Jim Reeves was a vinyl record that was released in 1963 called ''Gentleman Jim'' this was an RCA LP with tracks like ....memories are made of this...roses are red my love...after loving you...stand in....waltzing on top of the world...when you are gone..also ..id fight the world...I never pass there anymore....I have not come across this on cd as yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 10 April 2013
A CD I would have not really gone for but was drawn to songs I knew and it was better than I expected.Easy listening and a good buy for anyone who likes Jim Reeves.

5.0 out of 5 stars jim reeves moonlight and roses / jim reeves way, 2 April 2009
i think this cd is well worth the money is a double cd so you get two for the price of one with more hours of listerning time, if you are a jim reeves fan what more could you ask for

4.0 out of 5 stars Best of the two-album reissues, 7 Oct 2008
Johnnyboy (Hornsey, London) - See all my reviews
Of all the two-album reissues this is the best.The sound quality is good and it contains some of his very best recordings.There are some duff tracks (particularly the awful Afrikaans recordings),but overall this is far more consistent than most of the so called `best of`compilations.
Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jim reeves, 7 Feb 2010
I like Jim reeves and this is a good addition to my library price and delivery were 1st class

5.0 out of 5 stars Moonlight and Roses CD, 23 April 2014
I have to say that this CD is just as good as the old LP I had in my youths and brought back lovely memories of carefree bed-sit days.I was delighted to find that these wonderful songs are still available through buying on Amazon. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentleman Jim, 22 Mar 2014
This man could sing, really beautiful album.i would tell anybody interested in his music to buy this. You will not be sorry

5.0 out of 5 stars Jim Reeves, 24 July 2013
Cannot fault the cd, and both albums sound perfect and I'm glad that they are now in my Jim Reeves' collection,excellent