4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little speaker
Published on 26 Feb 2009 by G. J. Kaddish

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Speakers if the Price is Right
The speakers are designed for and charge 4th Generation Ipods. They also have a 'aux-in' so you can play other MP3 players (the 'aux-in' is slightly smaller than I was expecting, so I will have to buy an additional lead/cable/wire to use with the speakers).
Published on 17 May 2009 by Mr. R. van Terheyden

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little speaker, 26 Feb 2009
G. J. Kaddish (West Sussex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Altec Lansing InMotion iM500 v4 Speaker Docs (Electronics)
I am delighted with my Altec Lansing iM500 v 4 speaker doc. I have a 4th generation ipod nano and this speaker has been produced for the 4th gen nano and charges while it plays. It is a small and very slim speaker that works both on mains or batteries. It produces an excellent quality of sound for such a small speaker and is very easy to transport. The only down side is that it does not have a remote and has to be operated either on the speaker itself or the ipod. Otherwise it is an excellent machine and good value for money. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a portable speaker with a good quality sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Altec lansing Imotion, 8 Nov 2009
This review is from: Altec Lansing InMotion iM500 v4 Speaker Docs (Electronics)
Am really pleased with this speaker....always take it abroad with me...otherwise it stays in my bedroom. Have had this for around a year and found an added bonus today!! I have the ipod classic 80gb as well as ipod nano 8gb and this charges and plays both Ipods...what a result. Well done Altec Lansing!!!! This now means that I can take ALL my music with me when on vacation. They really should add this in their literature as I think it is a massive plus and would probably sell more of these amazing speakers!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Speakers if the Price is Right, 17 May 2009
This review is from: Altec Lansing InMotion iM500 v4 Speaker Docs (Electronics)
As far as the sound goes, which is not very far, the speakers are not bad. I was not expecting to be blown away by a wall of sound, but the speakers are not going to serve any situation other than listening to in your house, in your small to average-sized garden, or in the park enjoying a picnic (DO NOT try using these speakers in the park doing anything other than enjoying a picnic!). I did in fact use these speakers in the park and they were duly appreciated by all. They struggle with bass, but have a good middle and given their size produce a reasonable sound.
The speakers are slim and light making them ideal for taking abroad. They are well presented and come with a stylish carry-case. They are made by a company (Altec Lansing) that sounds like the name of a legendary explorer, or possibly the name of the latest movement in 'toothpaste science'.
I would recommend these speakers at anything under 40, otherwise I think you can probably find better speakers for your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: Altec Lansing InMotion iM500 v4 Speaker Docs (Electronics)
Very good quality product. Sturdy, strong, simple to use, folds away flat. And the sound quality is excellent. All in all, very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars So neat, 17 April 2009
This review is from: Altec Lansing InMotion iM500 v4 Speaker Docs (Electronics)
This really is a neat little speaker - takes up much less room than a CD player, and the sound is very good (though I'm not a very hi-fi techie person anyway). Plenty of volume when needed and handy dust-cover/protector to keep it in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact, decent, and Nano version 4 compatible, 23 Mar 2009
Martin Daly (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Altec Lansing InMotion iM500 v4 Speaker Docs (Electronics)
I think these speakers are great. Very compact and portable and come with a protective cloth carry bag. They were the cheapest speakers I could find at the time that are fully compatible with the latest iPod Nano version 4, i.e. they will charge your Nano while docked. They sound great and can easily fill a room with respectable, decent quality sound. Generally these speakers do not suffer from interference with other electrical items, except at very high volume, where they also suffer mild distortion - but we are talking about very high volume, so not really an issue. I think iPod speakers are usually insanely overpriced but comparitively these were a bargain and the only negative I could identify is the lack of a remote control.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great portable sound, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Altec Lansing InMotion iM500 v4 Speaker Docs (Electronics)
Bought after reading great reviews on amazon. Not disappointed as you get great sound for such a small device. Works for Ipod and Iphone and easy to take out to where we have our exercise machines.

5.0 out of 5 stars Certainly worth its value, 21 Aug 2013
This review is from: Altec Lansing InMotion iM500 v4 Speaker Docs (Electronics)
Great sound quality and ideal for taking with you when travelling on holiday as they are a perfect flat pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great value., 22 July 2013
This review is from: Altec Lansing InMotion iM500 v4 Speaker Docs (Electronics)
I bought one of these over 4 years ago for the retail rice of approx 60, when I saw this on amazon for 20, it was a bargain. It has great sound quality for the size & certainly money, it is very portable and comes with uk & international adapter. I already have Bose & Roberts sound dock which are both great, but I use this to take on holiday & to move around the house or to play music in the garden.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item for the money, 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: Altec Lansing InMotion iM500 v4 Speaker Docs (Electronics)
I bought this to use in my kitchen plugged in but also to take on holiday etc as a travel speaker. I first bought an X mini and I was very disappointed. This speaker is really great. The sound volume and quality is far better than I thought for the money and it is so sleek and slim it will fit in my suitcase nicely or even my handbag! Fits my Ipod and also charges it, but also can connect iphone 5 as it has jack plug option. Love it!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›