on 2 February 2011
When things just work, one take them for granted. But when things don't it can waste a hell of a lot of one's time. If you have a lot of free time on your hands and you really have nothing better to do, then buy this product to entertain yourselves. It's quite interesting how this device would just stop working at whim, even when you haven't touched it at all since the last time it was working, rare as it is. Furthermore, trust it to malfunction at the MOST INCONVENIENT of times, e.g. when you need to urgently send an important email to your boss.

If you have a life and a job on the other hand, and you don't have time to fiddle with things that don't work for no reason, AVOID THIS PRODUCT!!! Do NOT purchase. I've tried this on many computers and different platforms (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux Ubuntu 10.04, etc.) and with different wireless routers (Netgear, TP-LINK), and it has consistently failed me.
on 14 June 2011
It's a bit odd that there are some people who've written negative reviews about this adapter, but I couldn't fault it at all. Worked very well for me, kept a consistent connection, what more can you ask for?

At the end of the day, all USB wireless adapters are the same & this one did exactly what it's meant to.
on 13 May 2011
I installed the driver for this on my computer running windows vista premium,this worked perfectly,I also tried it on a laptop using windows XP the adapter worked no problems
on 18 November 2009
This is the second Belkin wireless USB adapter I have bought, only because I have lost the first one! No problems with it, easy to install and works perfectly well.
on 5 October 2009
I've installed two oif these of friend's laptops, and both have had the same problem. The USB connector seems to be very sloppy when plugged in, whether in its own supplied cradle (PC) or direct into a USB port (laptop). In both cases it is very easily jolted out of connection by the slightest movement.

One to avoid.
on 23 April 2011
This is a high quality wireless adapter.
The internet connection doesn't drop every ten minutes like other people say.
To avoid the internet connection dropping, install it in device manager in Windows and System Profiler in Mac OS.

EDIT:
A few months later I don't use this any more. Why? The wireless connection to my router became problematic and the USB connector broke off.
review image review image
on 29 June 2011
Excellent product, but took me ages to figure out how to make it work properly.
Firstly, it was not connecting in anyway; and full day of experimenting I realized that it supports wep encryption only and my router was set by default to different setting. (I wish that was mentioned in instalation guide that router setting might need changing). So once I have changed setting in my router into wep (open or shared key any of them is good) it connected from the very first time and I had no problems ever since.
I found belkin provided connection management utility really useless as it is not necessary and uses ram memory which could be used for something else.
The most effective way to avoid any connection drops is as follows: it is advisable to have latest service pack installed. Then simply plug-in the wifi adapter and when windows found new hardware wizard appears choose not to look for drivers over the internet, put in cd and choose install automastically. WOHOO job is done and do not bother yourselves instaling belkin software as it works perfectly without it.
Now you can connect to the internet! Enjoy!
on 23 February 2010
I have been using this product for 4 months to connect a Dell desktop PC running XP to a BT Homehub router. It's been nothing but problems from the start - I must have spent days trying to make it work properly, to no avail. To start off, I managed to get it to connect, but every time I log on, I have to re-enter the encryption key. Recently it's not even recognising this, and I go into a loop, entering the key and then being directed back to the initial screen which tells me I have to register the network all over again.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, updating it via the Belkin website, and it doesn't make any difference. I can't use the Windows Wireless Connection Wizard - that kicks me out as well.

It's not a problem with the adapter itself - this shows a good signal coming from the router. Neither is it the router - two laptops can connect to it trouble-free.

Belkin shouldn't be selling a product with software which is simply not up to the task. DON'T BUY IT!
on 21 November 2013
I don't know if it is a problem with my computer but when I bought this adapter it didn't work. It didn't read my wireless connection no matter how many times I tried so it's now lying at home in a box. It might work in other computers as there doesn't seem to be a fault with it but it didn't for me, hence the 2 stars.
on 30 January 2013
I've had 3 or 4 of these, and they've given me nothing but problems. One of their major issues is they get quite hot in use, which gradually damages the components of the adapter. The drivers are junk (and confusing, as there are several versions of the adapter, each needing a different driver), dropouts are far from unheard of, and if you're regularly going to be plugging and unplugging the adapter (which you will, to make it work), it will fall apart in 6-18 months. It is also an incredibly awkward size - there's no way you can ever fit it in a USB port next to anything, so if you want a neat desk, forget it. Spend the extra £5 or so on a Netgear N150 adapter - it's N-capable, much faster, much more compact and much, much more stable (and it has vents in the side, so never gets hot.)