5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job for me.
It's a bit odd that there are some people who've written negative reviews about this adapter, but I couldn't fault it at all. Worked very well for me, kept a consistent connection, what more can you ask for?

At the end of the day, all USB wireless adapters are the same & this one did exactly what it's meant to.
Published on 14 Jun 2011 by A. Carpenter

1.0 out of 5 stars Sporadic. AVOID at all costs.
Published on 2 Feb 2011 by Gareth

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job for me., 14 Jun 2011
A. Carpenter - See all my reviews
This review is from: Belkin 802.11g Wireless Usb 2.0 Network Adapter (Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin wireless usb adapter, 13 May 2011
I installed the driver for this on my computer running windows vista premium,this worked perfectly,I also tried it on a laptop using windows XP the adapter worked no problems

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job!, 18 Nov 2009
This is the second Belkin wireless USB adapter I have bought, only because I have lost the first one! No problems with it, easy to install and works perfectly well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sporadic. AVOID at all costs., 2 Feb 2011
When things just work, one take them for granted. But when things don't it can waste a hell of a lot of one's time. If you have a lot of free time on your hands and you really have nothing better to do, then buy this product to entertain yourselves. It's quite interesting how this device would just stop working at whim, even when you haven't touched it at all since the last time it was working, rare as it is. Furthermore, trust it to malfunction at the MOST INCONVENIENT of times, e.g. when you need to urgently send an important email to your boss.

If you have a life and a job on the other hand, and you don't have time to fiddle with things that don't work for no reason, AVOID THIS PRODUCT!!! Do NOT purchase. I've tried this on many computers and different platforms (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux Ubuntu 10.04, etc.) and with different wireless routers (Netgear, TP-LINK), and it has consistently failed me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sloppy USB connector, 5 Oct 2009
J. James (UK) - See all my reviews
I've installed two oif these of friend's laptops, and both have had the same problem. The USB connector seems to be very sloppy when plugged in, whether in its own supplied cradle (PC) or direct into a USB port (laptop). In both cases it is very easily jolted out of connection by the slightest movement.

One to avoid.

2.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work, 21 Nov 2013
I don't know if it is a problem with my computer but when I bought this adapter it didn't work. It didn't read my wireless connection no matter how many times I tried so it's now lying at home in a box. It might work in other computers as there doesn't seem to be a fault with it but it didn't for me, hence the 2 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the trick, 1 Mar 2010
Paul Waring (UK) - See all my reviews
This item, Works a treat. Solved the problem and is nice and compact.
Would recomend this product and have had no problems at all with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wireless, 23 April 2011
Alexander Stopher (Guernsey, Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
This is a high quality wireless adapter.
The internet connection doesn't drop every ten minutes like other people say.
To avoid the internet connection dropping, install it in device manager in Windows and System Profiler in Mac OS.

EDIT:
A few months later I don't use this any more. Why? The wireless connection to my router because problematic and the USB connector broke off.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish with BT Homehub Router, 23 Feb 2010
I have been using this product for 4 months to connect a Dell desktop PC running XP to a BT Homehub router. It's been nothing but problems from the start - I must have spent days trying to make it work properly, to no avail. To start off, I managed to get it to connect, but every time I log on, I have to re-enter the encryption key. Recently it's not even recognising this, and I go into a loop, entering the key and then being directed back to the initial screen which tells me I have to register the network all over again.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, updating it via the Belkin website, and it doesn't make any difference. I can't use the Windows Wireless Connection Wizard - that kicks me out as well.

It's not a problem with the adapter itself - this shows a good signal coming from the router. Neither is it the router - two laptops can connect to it trouble-free.

Belkin shouldn't be selling a product with software which is simply not up to the task. DON'T BUY IT!

3.0 out of 5 stars So thick it prevented me from using my other USB connection, 23 Jun 2014
Fortunately I no longer need this device.

But when I did, I had to abandon use of the second powerful USB socket on the front of my computer because this item was so thick it would not allow the second socket to be used.

But it worked well enough - provided it was put in the front of the machine.

Belkin 802.11g Wireless Usb 2.0 Network Adapter