3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
on 11 January 2004
In this 20 track album, Christina strips herself down from the pop princess, to the in control diva. This album is inspiring and amazing. One song that is truly admirable is 'I'm OK'. It is haunting and truly amazing. Christina stands up for herself in this album, and takes nothing from anybody, and that's what's so amazing. The way the album is set out is great, it goes right through from Christina's childhood to how she is now. Stripped is simply amazing, i cannot put into words how i feel how this album. Its more of a life guidence than an album. Thank you Christina.
9 of 10 people found the following review helpful
on 23 August 2006
Why have I got the Album 4 years on?......
I never used to be a fan of Christina's image or her music when her first album were released. Especially when Stripped was released back in 2002! When I was much younger I used to be a strong Britney fan, (...I know!) and I used to love all that sugary sweet pop stuff. So obviously when Christina came out with Stripped I was outraged. Her image was horrible and I thought it was just a sleezy RnB album after hearing Dirrty! I then got out of that Pop world and started to like a variety of stuff and no longer was I crazy Britney fan.
4 Years on from Stripped I purchased 'Back To Basics', her new modern take on Jazz/Soul/40's Music. I listened and was absolutely amazed and 5 days later I bought Stripped.
Stripped is a collection of fantasticly produced music with catchy beats and mind-blowing vocals. I love this album and listen to everyday and I agree that her voice is one of the best in our generation. She uses her voice well and makes any song (as simple as a piano and a drumkit) into a fantastic song. Her voice takes you through the album and her different voice sounds fit in with all the moods. Here's how I judged the album.
1)Intro - Should have made this into a proper song, fantastic start 10/10
2)Cant Hold Us Down - One of the highlights of the album, a great differnce. Its not about love for a change and the rap is certainly worth having in. Great 10/10
3)Walk Away - Great Ballad with a touching Chorus and vocally it is thrilling ranging many octaves, possibly could have made this shorter! Great 9/10
4)Fighter - A change from the last two and shows a powerful side to Christina's Vocals. Another highlight of the Album. Great 10/10
5)Interlude - Her spanish is suprisingly good and it is a good start to Infatuation, not really needed, couldn't this have been included in track 6? Anyway the guitar is great and her voice is beautiful and has a nice sound! Great 9/10
6) Infatuation - WOW! Very poppy but very, very good! The lyrics are great. This one is certainly worth listening to and I think this is another highlight! WOW 10/10
7) Interlude - Rainforest sounds with highpitched voices. Hmm. I dont think this was neccessary and really should have been included with track 8. Still nice to listen to and fits nicely before Loving Me 4 Me. Ok 8/10
8)Loving Me 4 Me - Not really much to say about this, it's nice but not really exciting, I often skip and is very slow! Still good and it's a grower. Good 8/10
9)Impossile - I swear this sounds like another Alicia Keys songs but oh well. Very nice touch with Alicia on the track and is a very nice jazzy song! I like this one, not a highlight but still great! 9.5/10
10)Underappreciated - Alot of people think this is a filler and I strongly disagree. It's upbeat and the chorus is very catchy. Nice work, Scott Storch! Great 10/10
11)Beutiful - What is there to say, you already know. WOW! 10/10
12)Make Over - Woooooooh this is rocky. Great chorus, lots of booming energy and strong and powerful vocals. Well done, a highlight not to be missed! Great 10/10
13)Cruz - Whats with the name? A fantastic song like I keep saying to all of them. Is there any bad on this album? NOPE! Great 10/10
14)Soar - This is amazing if you want to hear her voice at the best. Not the greatest song but her voice, is well..... WOW! If someone like Britney did this song I would have given it a 7 but Xtinas vocals make this song for me a great highlight! Fab! 10/10
15)Probably one of my favourites, the first time I heard this it was live, and above many of the other songs this one stood out! Similar to Underappreciated as far as catchy chorus' go! Great 10/10!
16)I hated this song when I first heard it, the video was well... DIRRTY! Although Christina says its about how the woman is the main focus and its about being powerful and strong! NOT what I had in mind! After time this has come to be one of my favourites of the whole album. Maybe is she hadnt have been so 'out there' with this single maybe this album would have sold more. If beautiful was released first I dont think it would be as slated as much! Known as her first Flop - Its Dirrty! But I like it - 10/10!
17) Stripped part 2 - please read intro!
18) The Voice Within - I think Christina has been clever by spreading the best songs out. Because Im Ok and this are beautiful ballads and are my favourite and so near the back! TVW - Beautiful 10/10
19) Im Ok - What can I say? She sings about her father and her abuse with such emotion and care that it sends chills down your spine! Another favourite! WOW! 10/10
20) Keep Singin My Song - Another hit from Scott Storch and it sure pleases! Vocals are great! But why so long - Over 6 Minutes, but then again at the end it stops for a while then has a load of voices saying, 'Can we Go'! Great End - 9/10!
No Fillers, amazing. Please get this - you will NOT regret it!
24 of 27 people found the following review helpful
on 31 December 2002
what a pleasant suprise!! chrstinas album is diverse, eclectic and mature! while i was a little concerned at the 20 tracks (it often happens that the quality of the songs begins to drop) just about every song was a great listen.
1. stripped intro, an intro with medlody, irony and a message.
2. can't hold us down, with lil' kim, one of my fave's it is hip hop influenced, beaty and catchy with a kick-ass message.
3. walk away, probably my favourite, a six eight ballad with some real gustoand some incredible vocals from christina.
4. fighter, cleverly blended in from walk away, while its message is basically the opposite, it carries on from the theme of walk away, to the girl who is standing up for herself! this is great, a real rock tune!
5. primer amor interlude, spanish lovey stuff.
6. LOVE THIS!! infatuation, latino, great lyrics, catchy, a great sing-a-long song!
7. love embrace interlude, english lovey stuff.
8. loving me for me, not the best song of the album, but still good, sweet and soulful.
9. impossible with alicia keys, melodic, soul, r'n'b, this is great!
10. underappreciated, again, more soul influence, macy grayish kinda sound, but at the same time, unique.
11. beautiful, probably her second release, this is GORGEOUS! its simpleness is its brilliance!! one of the best songs of the album.
12. make over, another rock song, the great linda perry getting christina to branch out into different genres. love it!
13. cruz, gorgeous sound, easy listening, summery tune.
14. soar, similar to cruz in a way, but still great, sweet hamronies.
15. get mine, get yours, another more r'n'b type song, catchy and basey, this is a good tune.
16. dirrty with redman. i dont need to say anything. you've all heard it, all seen the video. this is one heck of a tune!
17. stripped pt 2, an interlude, sorry shes not a virgin, sorry she's not a slut, honest, and personal, critics can shut the f up.
18. the voice within, FANTASTIC!! i love this. starts off slow and mild, but later develops into a real hard hitting soulful deep song, fantastic vocals, shows us why she is not britney's rival, she is a superb singer in her own right who is going to be around for a lot longer. trust me.
19. i'm ok. moving, quietly disturbing, but motivating.
20. uplifing song, a nice final track, showing us that she is a real star!
great album christina, i expected it to be good, but this is fantastic, the best album i have listened to in a good few years! buy this people, if you like pop, hip hop, r'n'nb, a bit of rock, soul and an all'round bloody good set of songs.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
on 13 May 2003
This second offering from Christina is a great leap from her first album, and that's a great thing. From the Intro track "Stripped" you clearly get that this is a personal record for the controversial singer in which she plans to voice her side of the many stories circulating about her.
Slower tracks such as "Walk Away" and the hit "Beautiful" convey her fantastic, emotional and incredibly powerful voice which bring shivers to the listener. "Fighter" is also powerful, but fast and furious and a great comeback to her critics. "I'm OK" has to be one of the most personal records of recent pop music as she sings of the abuse she and her mother endured at the hands of her father. It brings a tear to the eye as her strong voice audiably cracks under the emotion.
All in all, this CD is fantastic...20 tracks is great value anyway and 20 of this quality, even better.
After being away from pour radios for a while, Christina had made a strong and successful comeback!