Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£3.49

on 7 July 2007
The first thing I would advise you to do is...Ignore the above Amazon review..anyone would think they didn't want you to order the album, that guy needs to be fired..NOW.
Anyway, onto the album, I agree that Whitesnake were a band of 2 differing styles, the Blues/Rock of the 1st few albums, and the American Hair Metal sound of later years..but this CD has the very best of both styles, and I think it's a worthy addition to the collection of anyone who calls their self a fan of Whitesnake..buy it.
Fantastic best of which rounds up the majority of the singles,any disc which opens with 'Fool For Your Lovin/Dont Break My Heart Again and closes with 'Here I Go Again' and 'Still Of The Night' cant be faulted.

Purists will quibble that the original version of HIGA should have been included i prefer to enjoy whats here, a perfect mix of old and new,this is perfect for your car or the Ghetto Blaster at your Barbie,buy enjoy and bask in Whitesnake's greatness
on 25 April 2003
This album may be called "The best of Whitesnake", yet…
Too many songs on this album are from the "American" years and not enough from the "English" years, the real Halcyon days of Whitesnake.
Most of this album is indeed, commercially successful, classic, US hard rock: some great songs, a lot of L.A. mid-eighties style (no need to comment further I suppose… even if the "1987 Whitesnake album rocked in a very Hollywood kind of way!!!)
It is a pity that only a few tracks from the seventies and the very beginning of the eighties are here to demonstrate how brilliant David Coverdale and his dream team (the best line-up according to me included Ian Paice, Jon Lord, Micky Moody, Bernie Mardsen , Neil Murray) were: "Ready 'n' Willing", "Long Way from Home", and the bluesy live version of "Ain't no love in the heart of the city"…
By the way, may I suggest the double live album "Live in the heart of the city", as it is a real eternal classic and provides the true best of Whitesnake?
(for less than 8 pounds as well!!!!!)
on 26 November 2015
Whitesnake are a band that have polarised more fans than most. As any rock fan will know, there have been two Whitesnakes who just happen to have the same singer! There's the early Moody/Marsden version, who played fantastic blues rock and the second incarnation who specialised in the MTV generation hair metal or poodle-rock. Each fan will favour one or the other, as an overview of the reviews show. I'm more of a fan of the early stuff, but to be honest, it sounds a bit dated now. As the saying goes, it would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing.
on 18 May 2009
This album is a perfect mix of old and new Whiteshake,ballads,and good old style & more progressive rock music. in my opinion it really is as the title says "BEST OF"
fantastic value for money too.I bought it simply to add to my Whitesnake collection that is now nearly 30yrs old......(I missed a few along the way ). I would recommend it to any one new to this type of rock music or someone who's not really listened to much Whitesnake before ...... they would soon become a fan !! ..... and not to forget this brilliant band, are still playing live.
on 7 May 2016
This album is a fantastic album to listen to if you like Whitesnake they are a great band David Coverdale has made some good music.
on 3 November 2015
I bought this because I wanted to listen to more Whitesnake than just the big hits and I only had one song downloaded of theirs already. At £3.49 it seemed good value. They are good but tend towards "easy listening" 1980s rock. I enjoy this but don't expect a high adrenilin rush from most of the tracks!
on 7 November 2014
You can't fault this compilation from Whitesnake covering a wide spectrum of their work.
Slightly commercial when compared to other Deep Purple members such as Gillan and Blackmore.
That said it is still a great listen and is excellent driving music.
on 20 May 2015
Perfect starter album if you've just been introduced to Whitesnake, has the standard classic songs like Here I Go Again, Is This Love? and Fool For Your Loving. I'm biased as I love Whitesnake so therefore I love this album.
on 15 July 2015
Shame, I had high hopes this would be a really good buy but was disappointed with some of the songs. The production may have been the reason or, my music tastes have changed.