5.0 out of 5 stars Really lovely!
Having read about the benefits of owning a Salt Lamp and also thinking they looked quite pretty, I decided to purchase one from Amazon.
The lamp arrived, extremely well packed and also very heavy! Each lamp weighs around 2 -3kg and they are approx 15 -20cm in height and 10 -15cm in diameter. As each lamp is different, the weight and size varies.
Its natural...
Published on 5 May 2010 by Jennifer

1.0 out of 5 stars Had these 2 weeks and bulbs blew. Replaced the ...
Had these 2 weeks and bulbs blew. Replaced the bulbs and a day later they blew again. And another 2 days after replacing the bulbs. They blew again. Obviously a problem with the electrics.
Published 10 months ago by sarah

5.0 out of 5 stars Really lovely!, 5 May 2010
This review is from: Natural Therapeutic Himalayan Salt Lamp
Its natural colours range from white to various shades of apricot orange. The salt does come off onto your hands so be careful how you handle it and where you place it whilst unpacking the cable.

As well as the lamp, a 15 watt E14 bulb and the plug and cable are also in the box.
Instructions are provided on how to insert the bulb into the lamp.
This was very straightforward. The bulb has to be inserted into its holder then you will notice two metal clips either side which you bend upwards then squeeze the bulb and holder up inside the lamp. Once securely in place, the wire will fit snugly under the bevelled edge on the base.

Then you can switch on your lamp.
You must be careful not to allow your lamp to become wet as this will affect its properties. However, if this does happen, as long as the electrical cable is not wet also, you should leave the lamp switched on to dry it out.

It is said that these lamps are beneficial when placed near a TV or computer. I placed mine near my TV. They should not be used in rooms where there is a high moisture level such as kitchens and of course, bathrooms.Well I have been using my lamp for a couple of weeks now and my partner, although very cynical about this sort of thing, thinks he has noticed a difference. He stated he feels better than usual and hasn't had any headaches. He has suffered a few health problems in the last year and said he feels a little better on a general day to day basis, but of course has also said this could be coincidental.
Personally, I do not suffer from headaches often, nor do I have any specific ailments, but I am of the opinion that it cannot do any harm to have one of these lamps. It can only be beneficial, even if you just take comfort from the lovely golden orange glow it gives off when switched on. I didn't buy it for any of its ionising claims, or health benefits, I bought it to use as a lamp and because I simply liked the look of it. So bearing that in mind, I am not disappointed in any way with my purchase.

It does look unusual but I really like my lamp, it looks lovely when switched on and am pleased I bought one. I do find its glow very comforting.

1.0 out of 5 stars Had these 2 weeks and bulbs blew. Replaced the ..., 14 Sept. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Himalayan Salt Lamp medium., 28 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Natural Therapeutic Himalayan Salt Lamp
This is the second salt lamp I have ordered once again very pleased with the quality and the very fast delivery. If you have breathing issues this is the product for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars rock on, 25 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Natural Therapeutic Himalayan Salt Lamp
an easy on the eye lamp for lounge bedroom or even a conservatory, soft light pleasing to look at will be buying more in future as gifts for friends and family

4.0 out of 5 stars lamps, 24 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Natural Therapeutic Himalayan Salt Lamp
this is really good for a kids room. i use it as a night light. its nice and dim. only down fall is that you have to keep changing the bulbs don't last that long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend to all, 18 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Natural Therapeutic Himalayan Salt Lamp
I bought one as a gift for my mum who suffers from chest problems and gets down in the winter with grey full days, so good I'd bought one for myself by the end of the day that I'd given it to her. Pretty lamp at the very least but certainly gives the owner so much more - I want them all over my house now :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright., 14 April 2011
Amazon Addict (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Natural Therapeutic Himalayan Salt Lamp
It casts a lovely warm glow around a room and it's great knowing that it is doing you good but oh my eyes. You are supposed to leave it on permanently but if this is in a bedroom it would I think be hard to sleep with this on. I know I couldn't. I had to put something in front of it to cast a dark shadow over my bed so I could get to sleep.

Still love it though.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy with this purchase, 21 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Natural Therapeutic Himalayan Salt Lamp
We had to replace the bulb no drama there
But I have felt benefits from this lamp we use it in conjunction with saltair and I think it has improved my breathing I do find in the mornings I am coughing up salt laden Phlegm
However I think it is doing us good and will continue to use it

4.0 out of 5 stars Promising, 28 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Natural Therapeutic Himalayan Salt Lamp
I've only had the lamp for 4 days but have noticed a significant improvement in my breathing overnight. Unfortunately the bulb has blown already but I've just replaced it hence the 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Salt lamp best thing ever, 23 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Natural Therapeutic Himalayan Salt Lamp
My friend mentioned that I should try a salt lamp which I did, and it love it it's so relaxing and very therapeutic I JUST LOVE MINE ...

Natural Therapeutic Himalayan Salt Lamp