5.0 out of 5 stars had t20's and t10s for ages now and mint, please read
Ok,
Creative T20 series 2. £50ish, no buzz from plug (not even a whisper). Cracking sound, improved weight to bass from T10s, clear and responsive.

Please dont let people talking about the plug buzz (?!?) put you off. this is obviously a rare issue that some unfortunate souls are experiencing. remeber people are more likely to review if somehting is...
Published on 20 Jan 2010 by Mr. M. R. Duke

3.0 out of 5 stars Great speakers, but...
I bought these speakers on some recommendations from Amazon previous buyers of the older T20 series I. Thinking the Series II would be as good if not better. I was very happy with these speakers, the sound from it is brilliant. I'm not into 2.1 setup or the full 7.1 setup that my computer can handle, simply because my daughter will just mess up the wires anyway. I simply...
Published on 25 April 2009 by K.Chung

‹ Previous | 138 39 4044 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Speakers, 25 Aug 2014
J. R. Hendry (Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II (2.0) Multimedia Speakers with BasXPort Technology (Electronics)
Really good sound from these small but highly effective speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 9 Sep 2014
Design looks awesome, plus sound and control is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Nov 2014
Good quality sound, robust build, well worth the money

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound... some design problems, 4 Nov 2009
R. B. Jones (England, UK) - See all my reviews
Pros:
- Very good sound quality, great bass (almost too much! But there's a knob to turn it down)
- Loud
- Look nice
- No need for a subwoofer so easy to set up and less cabling
- No static noise when they're supposed to be silent, so good if you're into silent computing

Cons:
- The power switch is built into the volume control, which is old-fashioned and not appropriate for PC speakers. You have to guess the dial's correct position each time you turn them on, then change it again when you actually make some sounds with your PC. It would be much easier and quicker to hit a power button so you can leave it at your ideal setting - or design them to automatically come on with your computer.
- The volume range you'll typically use is in a very restricted range on the volume control. Between about 10 o'clock and 11 o'clock on the dial, it goes from quiet to very loud.
- Staying with the volume knob, it's plasticy with a smooth edge which is isn't easy to grip, and combined with the fact it's "reassuringly" stiff to turn, it requires too much pressure to operate comfortably. The frame of the fabric cover and the knob next to it get in the way unless you have tiny fingers and thumbs.
- The power brick is built into the plug, which blocks off adjacent ports on your power strip. It also sits there getting hot whether your speakers are on or not (maybe someone with a power meter can comment on how many watts it uses?). I don't want to have to go crawling under the desk to plug it in then unplug it each time I use my computer.
- The cable from the power brick is too short (about 180cm) so will likely restrict your speaker placement (my right speaker has to be over in the corner of my desk because it won't reach the side of my monitor, and it's a stretch to reach the controls.
- Expensive, bordering on overpriced for a small pair of speakers... cheaper ones will probably do for most people
- Bright blue ring around the volume control when on is a bit tacky and ugly, IMO, but others might like it

So overall they seem good speakers in the most important categories of sound quality and looks. Mabye I'm over-reacting on how annoying the volume/on-off control is, but for this money I'd expect the very best materials and design. I knock off 1 star for the crappy on-off knob, and another for the power supply.

Post script: The on/off dial packed in after a couple of days so the speakers didn't work at all, so I had to return them for a refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Dec 2014
very very good i love them good seller to thank you

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as I hoped, 6 Feb 2014
Hmm what to say, I bought these as I saw the reviews were positive and they looked like a solid set of speakers, but coming from a 2.1 setup I have to say I'm somewhat underwhelmed.

The reason is I think they give such poor amount of output for their price(and even their size on my desk). For example the volume only kicks in on the speakers at 1/3 of the dial and it gets super distorted at 2/3.. which means only the middle 1/3 is audible.

I tried tweaking the bass and trebble and my own computer volume but it did not seem to 'feel' or sound that loud and trying to crank it up just made it worse.

If you keep volume at medium the sound is very clear and crisp, some ranges were more pronounced such as middle. However, loud wobbly bass sounds (and any kind of rave music/dnb/dubstep) will sound quite bad at anything over this sweet middle spot.

I put in 2 stars for Amazons very speedy delivery and return with refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent speakers for the price, 30 Dec 2013
D. Hughes - See all my reviews
This is the second set of these that I've bought (the first eventually died after five years of relentless use…), and I've yet to come across anything that's as good in its price-range.

Good for music, good for movies, good for spoken-voice, good for games… just plain good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't hesitate.......these are great, 7 Sep 2013
I rarely review but i thought i'd write this to save people the time i took. I spent ages comparing all (and i mean all) the speakers in this price range. I read numerous reviews from geeky sites and other non-geeky personal shoppers and narrowed it down to either these or the creative T10s.

I use these as PC desktop speakers purely for gaming and occasionally music, replacing a 7.1 surround sound system with subwoofer. My old system was a dust magnet and looked untidy(not agreeable to my OCD). The T20s are a neat replacement. No untidy spaghetti-fest, 1 wire to 3.5mm jack on my pc and 1 wire to power supply....thats it. There is plenty of wire length on all the cables supplied and i the power cable plug only takes up one socket on my 4 gang plug socket...unlike my other that was so big it prevented you using the neighbouring plug socket.

Appearance...expensive looking. Gloss black, very solidly built and don't look too large. The gloss finish does collect dust so i keep the woofer/tweeter covers on. I can't rant on about their beauty because...hey.. they are only speakers,but they do look a quality item. They are quite heavy so you are not accidentally knocking them over or dragging them around.

Performance....excellent. Base and treble work very well and the speakers are naturally basey....but thats how i like my games and music. To be honest these out perform my old surround system and subwoofer and the bass doesn,t sound too muffled. I like the back-lit neon blue volume dial which is useful for my late night gaming sessions...it's easy to find when the missus 'asks' me to turn it down. I have never had the volume past half way....they are plenty poweful enough for games trust me ...and will fill a medium to large sized room with loud basey undistorted music. You couldn't expect them to run a mobile disco or outside party...so know their limitations.
As an addition these are very versatile. Via the 3.5mm jack i have had my mp3 player plugged in to them, i hooked the wifes ipad up to them and showed her how to play her Spotify playlast through them. They even hooked up to my TV.

I think the average price concious gamer would pay about £30 for a set of speakers (creative T10 speakers region) so the £52 i paid may seem a bit pricey....maybe to the 'pro' audio people this is cheap but i am very pleased with them. I have had them a month now...no problems and i love them and wouldn't hesitate to buy them again or recommend them to my friends or family.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good strong sound, 4 Feb 2013
J. Marks (Winchester UK) - See all my reviews
Good, clear strong sound in the mid range. Pretty reasonable in the treble, and not bad in ther bass considering the size. A good choice is mostly for speech - for exmaple connecting to a TV. Mostly for music, something which packs a little more punch in the bass might be preferable. But this is relative - these easily have as much bass as the average good qaulity portable CD player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hear This .... it sounds great, 11 Oct 2011
I know next to nothing about the merits of various technology behind speakers and sound systems but having otrdered the Gigaworks T20 Series II on a recommendation I am delighted with its results.

In our village in East Sussex we have a regular evening every month to show a Classic Film to residents and so far we have shown Mrs Miniver, Brighton Rock and Singin' In the Rain.

There were a few problems with Brighton Rock, running a local Dj's speakers off a laptop connection. So, for Singin' In the Rain, we decided to buy our own speakers and we are so glad we did.

The requirements of song and dance in Singin' in the Rain were perfectly conveyed through the T20 Series II and even the hard-of-hearing enjoyed a wonderful evening in our small-to-medium sized hall.

I can truly recommend these speakers to anybody wishing to relay a show or film presentation to a smallish audience (about 40-50). The Gigaworks will become an integral part of the sound system which will be installed in our village hall.

‹ Previous | 138 39 4044 | Next ›