4.0 out of 5 stars Great
I personally am a massive fan of eyeliner and was very excited when this was advertised. I was surprised at how small and compact this was - perfect for a handbag (if you are inclined to touch up your makeup during the day - I am not) or for general storage in a bursting to the brim drawer.

This liner reminds of the felt-tip pens we used to use at school and I...
Published on 24 Sep 2009 by Lilly Penhaligon

1.0 out of 5 stars More like "Drag and Disappear"!!!!!!
Published on 1 Oct 2011 by Meg

1.0 out of 5 stars More like "Drag and Disappear"!!!!!!, 1 Oct 2011
Bought this because I like Max Factor products and it looked and sounded ideal - how wrong could I be ! The tip will only spasmodically produce a small amount of whats meant to be black liner, but is a greyish liquid, if it's tapped on the back of my hand first, or licked! No matter how much I shake it, it doesn't make a jot of difference, in fact if it hadnt been so tightly sealed I'd think it was empty. I have bought really cheap liners before that have done the job 100% better than this very poor offering, and having just thrown this one in the bin in disgust, I'm off to the shops to get another 'cheapie'! Just WISH I'd read the reviews first before making my purchase!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 22 Sep 2009
Z. Herbert "solaan" (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Max Factor Masterpiece Glide & Define Eyeliner - 1 Black (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The screw-top container, which incorporates a fine-point felt-tip applicator, is about four inches long and half-an-inch in diameter. It is comfortable in the hand and neat enough to fit easily into a small cosmetic purse. This is the end of the good news.

The instruction to shake before use is in tiny printing on the side of the container. I shook it vigorously before unscrewing and thought the applicator tip looked nicely pointed without being too long. Try as I might, I could not get the eye-liner to flow from the applicator tip. The line was weakly coloured, grey rather than black and intermittent; the tip glided over the skin but it did not leave any eye-liner in its wake. It needed several quite hard strokes to get any kind of line, whether I used the point or the side of the applicator. Yes, I did give it another good shaking but to no avail.

Perseverance paid off but only in the short-term because by lunch-time the liner had almost disappeared and needed to be renewed. I tried again, with the same miserable results. I did find that when applied to the back of my hand, the cosmetic flowed more freely although it still left tram-tracks rather than a single line. (And I was not pressing on the tip.) From this I assume that you need to lie down to put on your eye make-up because it worked when the point was held tip-down but not when it was held tip-up.

It is possible the item was simply a faulty glitch in a batch of perfect ones but I was very disappointed indeed with its performance.

1.0 out of 5 stars one word: Rubbish, 16 Feb 2011
I really like liquid liners and this looked like it would be great for my bag to touch up. OH NO IT'S NOT
The nib dry's up almost straight away, so all it does is drag accross your eyelid smudging your makeup and make things look worse rather than better. I thought i'd try applyling this straight on the eyelid and not as a touch up and it was just as bad. Had to give up in the end and use my normal eyeliner. How bad is a product that after just 2 uses it's dried up.

Steer clear

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 Sep 2009
Lilly Penhaligon (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

This liner reminds of the felt-tip pens we used to use at school and I prefer this to the brush liners which tend to be too flimsy and therefore easy to make a mistake with. THis firm tip was soft enough to draw a precise line without dragging the lid (thus causing those annoying blips and smudges) but firm enough to avoid slipping off course (as is the case wiht most brush based liquid liners). I found the colour nice and solid and generally I was very pleased with this. It's a little too strong for a day time look but I found it brilliant for evening makeup when you want to have a look that stands out. THe other bonus that I found is that it applies really well over all my eyeshadows - pencils tend to pick up the powder on the tip and need several wipe overs before the black shines through but this went on like a dream. I found it worked equally well on powders and cream-based shadows and it was possible to draw a neat line very close to the eyelash line.

All in all I was really pleased with this product. Why 4 stars instead of 5? Because it does take an extra few seconds to dry and so that involves waiting around with half-closed lids to avoid creating a second eye on your top lid. A small downer for a great product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst. Eyeliner. Ever., 7 Dec 2009
Caroline (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was truly awful, like a felt tip that drags across your eye. Useless for varying the width of the line on the eye or for any sort of precision. It smudges straight away and isn't a patch on other Max Factor products (I love their mascaras and Facefinity) but this is just wick. Couldn't even use it more than once.

1.0 out of 5 stars Consigned to the bin already, 23 Sep 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Oh Dear what a let down.

This was more like a dried up felt tip pen than a luxury liquid liner.

A very pale colour more grey than black

The design is not a brush, it is like a felt pen which was very dry & you have no control over how much of the product is on the nib.

I found it impossible to put a line on in one go, it certainly did not glide on at all, I had to keep stopping & shaking it to encourage more product. I cant imagine how bad it will be after a few uses & the product really does dry up.

Going in the bin I am afraid!

2.0 out of 5 stars Easier to use a biro, 16 Oct 2009
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wasn't fussed with this. For the price tag, it should have better quality.

It is a good size, closes to a good seal, but that's about the end of the pros.

I agree with others that the application is difficult; the tip could be a shade softer and have better drying time. Drying time might not be an issue in general, but it might be a problem if you are short on time and in a rush.

Not good value for money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Streamlined but gimmicky, 8 Aug 2009
Hevprendi (Fareham West) - See all my reviews
Looks like a good and innovative product, however, it is not easy to use at all. Very difficult to get precision with application. The wand/brush is quite rigid, eyelids soft and really the applicator end needs to be more flexible, I feel, to enable successful and neat application. The other snag is it's too wet and takes a while to dry. A waste of money. Should be a freebie with a glossy magazine, then you wouldn't mind binning it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings on this eyeliner., 1 Jan 2011
Well. When i opened the package, i admit i was kinda expecting the eyeliner to be a little larger in size? it costed alot. Which is a tad dissapointing seeing, it wasn't that great quality..however, i had no problems with the felt tip nib thing, the eyeliner came out perfectly, and stayed on nicely for a long amount of time, so i'm pretty chuffed with that, buut. there are some days when it will just peel off in a really short amount of time? It isnt the worse eyeliner, but i wont be buying this again. espically at such a high price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 Sep 2010
After initial touch from liner on eye colour did not flow to liner tip. I returned product and tried again thinking that I was just unlucky but, I received the same performance. I wont be trying again