Colour: 3 Natural|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 February 2013
For the price, this is a pretty good product. It comes in a compact which feels quite solid and well made, with a good size mirror and a sponge to apply the foundation with.

I would describe my colouring as "English rose" - very pale with pink tones, so I chose what as far as I could tell was the lightest colour in the range, Porcelain. When it arrived, I was surprised how dark it looked in the compact - I have uploaded a photo of it. When I tried it on my skin, the texture was a lot more chalky than I was expecting and the colour was slightly darker than I hoped, but perhaps it will be a better match in the summer. It's not so dark that I can't use it, but I have to be careful to blend it in. It gives good coverage, I found it very effective at concealing dark circles around my eyes.

The biggest downside with this product is that even after moisturising my face and applying eye cream, after applying the product, my skin looked a little dry and very matt. I also found it seems to emphasise any wrinkles, particularly around the eye area. Had I discovered this product in my twenties, I probably would have given it four stars as the dry texture would have been a good thing on oilier skin. Now I'm in my thirties and no longer find my skin gets greasy, I would prefer a creamier texture. Since you can't really return make up once you've opened it, I will probably continue to use it but once it's finished I don't think I will buy it again.
review image
I can't be bothered to use a normal liquid foundation and if I have time I will dab on some powder, but this does it all in about 15 seconds. I bought the 03 Natural colour which is fine considering I have a light tan at the moment and I have bought the 01 Porcelain one to use once it fades. It's good if you want to generally even up skin tone. It wouldn't give enough coverage to cover spots or obvious red blotches. There are 7 shades of this product, ending in 08 and there doesn't seem to be a 04. The Max Factor site gives a better view of the shades.
on 22 April 2014
I have tried Max Factor foundations in the past, mainly liquid & cream varieties, but this excels them all. It gives a fantastic full coverage, but is extremely natural.It is as easy to apply as a cream but like a mineral powder, the beauty being it is not messy to apply like most mineral foundations. I find on me (I don't have any major issues with regards to dry / oily patches) I have to touch up after 6 hours, so its not an all day foundation, but with the handy compact in my bag and good sized mirror inside it, its very quick and easy. Good quality sponge included, I've been using the same compact for over a month and I would guess I have another month, so for the price it is excellent, I've paid over £30 for foundations that don't match up to this. Well worth trying this, just a pity its no longer on Amazon's subscribe and save plan, but still great value.
on 19 December 2011

It's in a very pretty case and is so light that you can always find space for it in your purses. I use the natural shade, since the sand one is just a bit too dark fro me during this season. Normally I switch to the sand shade during summer when I get really tanned.
It is very matte and covers any bits of skin that have a shiny tendency, so it blots them out neatly.
I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to have the best quality products to rely on at all times.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 January 2016
I always used to use MACs Studio Fix as my go-to foundation, however once children came along, I realised that spending all my money on MAC was no longer an option. So, I started looking for an alternative foundation. I have tried quite a few over the years but Facefinity is the one I always come back to.

I am very pale so I use Porcelain as it is the lightest shade Max Factor offer and it gives very good coverage. Most blemishes are hidden however it may struggle on those times we get an enormous out-break (normally before a big event!)

The actual foundation gives a matt finish which, personally, I like as it means you can add a bit of shimmer with your blusher. What's good about this foundation is that it blends very easily and you can layer it if you need to build up the coverage. Also, unlike cream foundations, you can apply this very quickly which helps if you're rushing around in the mornings. It is slightly on the dry side but, providing you moisturise first, this should not be a problem.

This comes with a sponge for application and is a good size, allowing you to blend easily. The compact also comes with a fairly decent mirror in the lid.

For the money, I think Facefinity is an excellent product and, certainly will always be found in my make-up bag.
on 26 July 2011
Really pleased with this product as it's like a liquid and powder in one! Great at covering up imperfections! Whenever I run out they never seem to have it stocked in Boots anymore so really pleased to have found it on Amazon.
on 1 April 2014
Have loved this for years...'porcelain' is a lovely light colour for a very fairskinned individual like myself and provides an even base tone. Highly recommended and am delighted I can buy online
on 25 December 2015
A good foundation at an affordable price. The coverage is good and it stays on all day and doesn't transfer on all your clothing. It is not dry and chalky like many are. I would have preferred it to be a bit more creamier. The compact is very expensive looking and well made with a good size mirror and vent holes for the sponge so that it can breath and you won't end up with as spotty face. I wish I had found this years ago. I have paid a lot more for rubbish that blew all over my clothes, streaked and made me look like a burnt clown.
on 12 January 2016
Best compact I have ever found, been using them for years. It's like a foundation and powder in one, that is easy to apply and looks good. This is a very trustworthy foundation compact. It might be pricier when compared to other things on the market, but it is definitely worth the investment. It is very smooth and spreads out evenly, without being blotchy and it lasts quite a while (at least 4 hours, was what I noticed for me). You can use this one with or without a liquid foundation and they interact just fine on the skin. Sometimes I want to let my skin breathe and only use the compact and it does a great job on its own!

review image
on 3 April 2014
This is my go to foundation when in a hurry in the morning! It glides on very smoothly and gives even coverage. You can easily build up the coverage as desired as well and the sponge provided is perfect for the product and doesn't drag the skin at all. Can't recommend this enough - especially for girls who don't have time to faff in the mornings!