Format: DVD|Change
Price:£17.74+ £1.26 shipping

on 9 December 2008
You know the feeling. You think you know all there is to know about a subject, then something comes along and hits you in the face to show that you actually know nothing at all. So it was for me when I purchased this DVD. I have been a Libera fan for many years and I have every one of their previous albums dating back to their 'St Philips Choir' days. I have met Robert and the boys on a number of occasions and would sit smugly in the knowledge that I knew everything there was to know about this amazing group of boys. Then all that was shattered when this DVD arrived. I realised that I knew precious little about what happens in their live concerts. Not that it was my fault, of course. To attend one of their gigs usually involves purchasing a plane ticket to the Far East and my funds do not run to that. Frustratingly, their infrequent UK concerts seem to be carefully planned so that they fall on an evening when I am at work. So to see them perform live on this DVD was a rare experience for me...and a mind-blowing experience at that. Each track is a masterpiece with the boys performing for their Dutch audience with a confidence and composure that would be only expected of more seasoned artists. Most intriguing of all for me was the bonus track in which the boys are interviewed, reminding us that they are, after all, perfectly ordinary kids. What is far from ordinary, however, is the performance. Having been in the music business myself, I can tell you that the professionalism and polish demonstrated here can only be achieved after many hours of hard work, blood, sweat and occasionally tears. If you think you know Libera, think again. This DVD adds another dimension. You don't just watch it, you experience it...you become part of it. You feel as though you know each of the boys personally and they are singing purely for YOUR upliftment, YOUR everlasting pleasure. Watch this DVD and you will, I guarantee, be a different person at the end. The final song, 'I Am The Day' - for me their best song ever - is performed superbly. The orchestra augments the synthesiser backing track to provide a fantastic finale and the applause and the standing ovation from the Dutch audience speaks volumes. So what are you waiting for? Buy this magnificent live DVD and try to watch it without a box of Kleenex to hand. Go on, I dare you...
on 16 October 2007
I am just completely amazed by how good the DVD is! The production company did a brilliant job with both the sound and picture. The DVD consists of 15 songs!

First impressions: The Review -

Adoramus - As an introduction the song was great. There was good camera work with nicely mixed shots of the orchestra and the boys.

Going Home - Josh sings it like he always does, with a smile that
shows you how much he is enjoying himself!

Far Away - Tom gives us his version of this song. He hits all the top notes in his usual style and captures the mood of the song when it was sung by Michael. Brilliant job !!

Prayer - Tom and Ed work well together. Nice lighting and camera shots at the end of the song.

Libera - Liam gets it spot on!

Sanctus - Perhaps the best song on the DVD with a tremendous opening shot from the chandelier.

Salva Me - A great solo by Joe. One to watch out for in the future!

Lacrymosa - The lighting as with all Libera Concerts complements the song very well. Mini-Ben is stands out and is fantastic.

Abide with Me - A captivating song with solo parts from Ed. The camera catches some great close-ups of Ed.

I Vow to Thee my Country - This song was very well done with a nice instrumental introduction by Fiona. Again the camera catches some great shots of all the boys in this song.

Stay with Me - Ed looks straight at the camera at the beginning of this song! A great shot of his face! Nice shots from behind the boys.

Do Not Stand at my Grave - The lighting was very impressive for this song. It was dark enough to create some great effects. There are some amazing close-up shots of Tom. Both Ed and Tom sing well together. Watch Tom's face once he has finished the song!

I Am the Day - My favourite song and perhaps a good one to end the concert.

There are no encores on the DVD as is usual at Libera Concerts, but you can always restart the DVD! Majestic high notes at the end. Just brilliant!

The interview feature is a nice bonus, as is the inclusion of the extra tracks recorded for US television. I won't talk about the interview because you will want to watch it yourself. A nice touch!!

Great production!! Well done Libera!
on 12 April 2009
The sound of Libera is appreciated throughout the world and their CD's are always top quality. Unfortunately not many of us will get the opportunity to see Libera perform live. However, this DVD is the next best thing.....and it is superb. The quality of performance is excellent and the production is outstanding.....other bands and peformers please look and learn. The boys are superb but I think Robert Prizeman deserves a medal for his vision .....an inspirational piece of work.
on 1 February 2009
This dvd of the Libera in concert is fantastic, the sound is wonderful, and the film is nice and clear, i highy recomend this dvd to all fans and non fans of libera.

You will not regret it

Adrian
on 21 August 2009
This is for those who like the pure sound of clear voices in perfect tune with lovely tone. Fantastic arrangements by the choir leader who has real tallent to bring the best out in these boys. Not only is the music brilliant but the extras and the interview with the choir is a real piece of fun. I would recommend this to anyone who has been in a good choir. Not really the taste for the bump grind type "music" people.
on 22 April 2009
Now all can attend one of Libera's Concerts! Libera continues to marvel with their vibrant, harmonious, "angelic" voices. Robert Prizeman has shown even brighter than his "angels" with his ability to arrange & orchestrate. WOW! Their concert DVD and ALL of their CDs are a must for the music library. Magnificent! Fred
on 8 August 2009
Of all the young boy choirs these lads are to be rated in the top their class.The visual and muscial presentation is an experience that must be savoured in complete silence. One is left wanting more and it is a deep pitty that this DVD is the only one I could find.Thank you Libera for the pleasure you gave me. C>N>
on 3 January 2010
I would rate this as a quite exceptional performance from all points of view. The setting and videography are beautiful, the performance by the boys enthralling, and the extra features, where one learns more about the choir and how it functions, quite delightful.

If you're looking for a DVD that you're unlikely to tire of watching and is a real pick-me-up when one's mood is low - look no further than Libera's "Angel Voices".
on 13 March 2008
You know the feeling. You think you know all there is to know about a subject, then something comes along and hits you in the face to show that you actually know nothing at all. So it was for me when I purchased this DVD. I have been a Libera fan for many years and I have every one of their previous albums dating back to their 'St Philips Choir' days. I have met Robert and the boys on a number of occasions and would sit smugly in the knowledge that I knew everything there was to know about this amazing group of boys. Then all that was shattered when this DVD arrived. I realised that I knew precious little about what happens in their live concerts. Not that it was my fault, of course. To attend one of their gigs usually involves purchasing a plane ticket to the Far East and my funds do not run to that. Frustratingly, their infrequent UK concerts seem to be carefully planned so that they fall on an evening when I am at work. So to see them perform live on this DVD was a rare experience for me...and a mind-blowing experience at that. Fortunately, a previous reviewer has taken the trouble to give a song-by-song account of this concert and I can only agree with his findings. Most intriguing of all for me was the bonus track in which the boys are interviewed, reminding us that they are, after all, perfectly ordinary kids. What is far from ordinary, however, is the performance. Having been in the music business myself, I can tell you that the professionalism and polish demonstrated here can only be achieved after many hours of hard work, blood, sweat and occasionally tears. If you think you know Libera, think again. This DVD adds another dimension. You don't just watch it, you experience it...you become part of it. You feel as though you know each of the boys personally and they are singing purely for YOUR upliftment, YOUR everlasting pleasure. Listen to this DVD and you will, I guarantee, be a different person at the end. The final song, 'I Am The Day' - for me their best song ever - is performed superbly. The orchestra augments the synthesiser backing track to provide a fantastic finale and the applause and the standing ovation from the Dutch audience speaks volumes. So what are you waiting for? Buy this magnificent live DVD and try to watch it without a box of Kleenex to hand. Go on, I dare you...
on 19 March 2010
This is a wonderful DVD, with unbelievabe singing, stunning photography, choreography, and support musicians, with lighting that truly enhances the beauty of St Pieterskerk, Leiden, in the Netherlands. The quality, clarity, and performance of the boys' voices is awesome! Robert Prizeman's original works are inspired!Libera - Angel Voices Live In Concert [DVD]I can thoroughly recommend this DVD to any lover of music, no matter what your preferred taste. I guarantee you will be moved! (If not you have a heart of stone!!)