5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate rear view device for cyclists
Like most reviewers here, I had over many years tried various types of mirrors for my racing bike and road bike all to no avail. I was really sceptical of all of them until I came across the Zefal Spin Bar Mirror. I read through most of the peoples' experiences and came to the conclusion that it was worth trying.
Simple to fit and first time out, a little fiddly to...
Published 17 months ago by E Vision Aire

1.0 out of 5 stars Great design, but plastic is beyond redemption
The mirror is tiny, but works great, feels sturdy, is easy to adjust and makes riding way safer and easier.
Why one star? I've had two days' worth of riding out of it. On the third day I leaned the bike against a bin, it slid down and landed on some garbage bags. The front wheel swung and hit the ground with the bar end where the mirror was. Result? The plug that...
Published 8 months ago by Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars Small enough for the small handles but the view is big enough, 19 May 2011
This review is from: Zefal Spin Mirror - Black, Large (Sports)
I bought this because what I bought from Halford's did not fit the smaller handle bar of their Carrera Subway 2 bike. So I had to settle for a one that go on the handle rather than at the end. That give a good picture of myself on the bike. So I took a chance and bought this. It came with a sleeve for big handles and when you take that out, it fit very neatly into the smaller tube handle.

Hope I have explained it correctly.

Mirror is small - may be 4" X 1.5" but it gives a good view.

4.0 out of 5 stars break resistant, 30 April 2011
This review is from: Zefal Spin Mirror - Black, Large (Sports)
I like the product but it was quiet different from the image shown first I had problem fixing it but it is good value for money as my previous mirror were useless they break very easily this is break resistant

3.0 out of 5 stars The mirror is great and the option to move the mirror out of ..., 11 Oct 2014
This review is from: Zefal Spin Mirror - Black, Large (Sports)
The mirror is great and the option to move the mirror out of the way when on a train , But the big downer is that is only lasted two trips as it fell of as not big enough for my handle bars even though I tightened it to the max.

2.0 out of 5 stars How Useless!, 1 Sep 2014
This review is from: Zefal Spin Mirror - Black, Large (Sports)
What a ridiculous product! The mirror is so small that it might be OK to see elves or midgets but little use in seeing traffic behind you. I can't believe it doesn't come with a sensible sized mirror!

3.0 out of 5 stars Look behind you!, 16 Oct 2014
This review is from: Zefal Spin Mirror - Black, Large (Sports)
Well made and solid. Does not lose position easily. Good clear mirror. However It could be 1 cm wider and 3mm longer as the field of view is too restricted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fitted eventually., 4 Sep 2014
This review is from: Zefal Spin Mirror - Black, Large (Sports)
This product would've got 5 stars but for the fact that I couldn't use the fittings to put the mirror into the end of the handlebars. Yes I did measure the diameter of the hole & the hole came within the parameters required. My solution? Didn't bother with any of the fixtures & just put three blu-tac sticky tabs on the part that would go in. with a little force it went in & is now solid. The mirror is big enough (not like others have said) & you can clearly see approaching traffic coming from behind you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mirror, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Zefal Spin Mirror - Black, Large (Sports)
Totally adjustable field of vision, ideal for any handlebar type apart from butterfly bars, a vibration free, clear and realistic view in the mirror leaving you entirely comfortable and confident in what you are seeing and enhancing safety and judgement of when to make signals, manoeuvres etc. highly recommended mirror in daily use.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was not sure if this would be any good or not, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Zefal Spin Mirror - Black, Large (Sports)
I was not sure if this would be any good or not. fitted it up in about 2 minutes , and it is great . it is a lot smaller than I thought it would be , however that is good because it does not get in the way. folds up nicely when putting the bike away. feel safer on the roads knowing when the cars are getting close. a good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeah, good, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Zefal Spin Mirror - Black, Large (Sports)
It's a mirror. It screws into the bottom part of your handlebars. It's a mirror... and it works. No problems here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spin Mirror, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Zefal Spin Mirror - Black, Large (Sports)
The mirror arrived quickly and was really easy to install onto my mountain bike. I recently got into cycling and invested in a bike for commuting but I found it difficult to constantly look behind me to see if cars were coming up the road. I bought the spin mirror and, with no prior knowledge of bikes, managed to mount the mirror easily. All it takes is to cut off the end of the grip (I did mine on the right but you can mount to either side) using a Stanley knife very carefully, take one of the tube ends and pop it into the handlebar, then take the mirror and screw it into place with a flat head screwdriver. It may help to unscrew the mirror section a bit first. Then tighten it up and your good to go. Yes the mirror is small and it's convex but that doesn't reduce its effectiveness. It can be likened to the interior mirror of a car. The mechanism holding it in its position is very good and the mirror never slips or rattles when going over potholes and bumps. I would say it's an essential safety aid especially if you listen to music whilst riding (though I don't think I would recommend that you do listen to music).

Zefal Spin Mirror - Black, Large