on 23 December 2010
I ordered one just for fun... with the appropriate 'GET YER HANDS OUTTA MY FRIDGE.. SUCKER' it has stopped my neighbour from nicking my ice cold lagers and he has started buying his own now.....apart from the psychological help he now requires (vindicated I reckon) thats how much fun I am having for less than a tenner.....should have bought more and sent them as Xmas pressies... but then the secret would be out !!!!!!
on 12 January 2010
This product does everything it says on the box and makes a perfect Secret Santa gift. However, you have to record loud - otherwise in a loud office or room, you can't really hear it!
on 3 January 2011
Not sure who loved this present more the kids or the adults, really easy to use - simply hold the button in on the side of the robot, record your message and play. It also goes off when there is movement in front of the eye! So much fun was had on christmas day recording a series of messages for Mother in law while she was cooking and then leaving echo bot to go off with "don't burn the spuds" that turkey looks well stuffed!" etc etc. A great little toy, even our two year ols had fun with it!
on 27 December 2009
As a Christmas present it was a source of constant fun, and annoyance. Annoying because we kept forgetting where we had put it, and everytime someone walked passed it (usually me) you would get a big shock. Very funny watching people walk passed it and wonder what that strange sound was (me and my family seemed to like recording strange sounds the best). It could be used in an incredibly wide range of circumstances. I am thinking of taking it to the primary school I work in, and placing it next to the electric pencil sharpener. I can record the head teacher saying 'stop wasting time - get back in your seat, that pencil is sharp enough!'.

Would make a good burglar alarm - if someone crept in your house you could have the sound of a dog barking, or your own voice saying 'go away, we don't have anything worth stealing'.

I like the look of it - an eyball on 3 legs, kinda fun! And the colour orange is great, suits it. The stickers on its feet seemed to stick well on the mirror we used (haven't tried anything else yet)

The sound is fairly 'tinny' - but overall, its a doddle to use, and makes someone a great gift.... :)
on 27 October 2011
Bought this for my son, age 7. He loved it. Greeting message was put on by him and he secured it near the front door. Great fun. But then, for no apparent reason, it stopped working so new batteries were put in. Just got a click from the machine. It was not abused so maybe it was just faulty.
If it works property, it is a great fun thing for children.
on 9 March 2012
Third time i have bought this item. This time was for a childs present for a party we were invited to, ideal for this. (6 yr old)
My 6 yr old found this lots of fun. The plungers aren't brilliant on all surfaces especially horizontally but if used standing up, work very well. The sound repetition is good quality and its really simple to use so it gets my thumbs up :)
on 26 May 2015
Great fun, don't expect HD clarity as the tiny speaker (which doubles as a mic - if you don't believe me, look up the concept - a small, rigid speaker can double as a poor mike).

The sensor can be a bit hit and miss, but never seems to go off when no-one is about.

The message is only 4-5 seconds long, maximum, but very easy to record (one button).

To change the batteries, hold the back of the unit and twist the 'face' anti-clockwise. Then you can open the battery door with a small screwdriver. You'll need hearing aid type batteries, like these Duracell Electronics LR44 1.5 V Alkaline Batteries - 2-Pack.
on 6 January 2011
this is great and crazy can be used by adults to leave a message or kids just to play with lots of fun
on 15 January 2015
The idea behind this is really good. It worked well for the first couple of days but then the sensor seemed a bit hit and miss so you never knew if it was going to go off when it should. It looks cute and is very easy to use.
on 18 December 2015
Total rubbish. For a start you can barely hear it, its about as loud a a bumblebee flying. Second the sound it produces is terrible, everything is distorted. I tried changing the batteries but its still the same. This was one of the birthday present for my youngest daughter, She was upset that i'd got her such a piece of junk, I am upset that I paid £14 for a pound land toy

See one answered question