Most helpful critical review
120 of 120 people found the following review helpful
Fake Canon LP-E6
on 11 July 2013
I purchased a spare LP-E6 Battery from this seller to refresh my working stock, when it arrived I did not have any suspicions as the box looked authentic on a quick browse etc.
Placed into my camera, which then did not recognise it. I then compared the battery to my others and could clearly see differences and a closer look at the packaging also raised alerts.
1) The box comes with a hologram which says Canon, but it is not the Canon Hologram which is very hard to fake and uses two colours. You should see the hologram turn to green along with Canon Genuine etc all over. This hologram was a single colour print.
2) The Battery - Moulding different from original, also you can see the mould injection point (you don't see that on the original).
3) Battery Contacts bigger than the Canon originals.
4) Labelling incorrect from Canon originals
5) Your camera (depending how new and the model) will query any non-canon battery.
Whilst it looks similar and it might work (i.e. provide power) you don't know how much power it is providing or whether it is safe to use for your camera. Suggest you check Canon site for Canon Fake batteries and the risk of damage to your kit (voids warranty).
Amazon have offered to refund this, however looking at how many people have complained about fakes (many others probably don't know they have a fake) it is very disappointing Amazon still supports this reseller!