5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item
Original Canon battery, arrived super fast, and lasts for over 1200 shots in my Canon 7D. Has been charged 4 times, and everytime delivers endless shooting. Much better than any 3rd party battery. Also Amazon have the best price on the web for this original battery. Go on treat yourself.
Published on 1 Nov 2009 by W. Cavanagh

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Canon LP-E6
I purchased a spare LP-E6 Battery from this seller to refresh my working stock, when it arrived I did not have any suspicions as the box looked authentic on a quick browse etc.

Published 13 months ago by A Man & Dog & Mistress

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Canon LP-E6, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Canon LP-E6 Battery Pack (Accessory)

Placed into my camera, which then did not recognise it. I then compared the battery to my others and could clearly see differences and a closer look at the packaging also raised alerts.
1) The box comes with a hologram which says Canon, but it is not the Canon Hologram which is very hard to fake and uses two colours. You should see the hologram turn to green along with Canon Genuine etc all over. This hologram was a single colour print.
2) The Battery - Moulding different from original, also you can see the mould injection point (you don't see that on the original).
3) Battery Contacts bigger than the Canon originals.
4) Labelling incorrect from Canon originals
5) Your camera (depending how new and the model) will query any non-canon battery.

Whilst it looks similar and it might work (i.e. provide power) you don't know how much power it is providing or whether it is safe to use for your camera. Suggest you check Canon site for Canon Fake batteries and the risk of damage to your kit (voids warranty).

Amazon have offered to refund this, however looking at how many people have complained about fakes (many others probably don't know they have a fake) it is very disappointing Amazon still supports this reseller!

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Canon LP-E6 being passed off as genuine?, 3 May 2013
This review is from: Canon LP-E6 Battery Pack (Accessory)
I ordered this battery believing it to be a genuine Canon LP-E6 battery but when I tried it in my charger it did not fit. Having examined the battery carefully I found the wording to be different to my genuine battery that came with the camera and also it has no serial number on the reverse. The packaging looks very convincing so the seller may have been unaware but I would avoid this seller in future (DG Digital). There may be other batteries available via Amazon from other sellers that are completely genuine so please check out the sellers name- I have ordered batteries from Amazon for previous cameras and have had no issues in the past.

I ordered another of these batteries from another seller Digital Snaps after contacting them to check that they were selling genuine Canon batteries. The battery cost 43. It arrived promptly and was without doubt genuine and fitted perfectly into my battery charger unlike the fake one mentioned above. So my advice to Amazon customers is that some sellers are selling genine Canon batteries at very good prices and others are not so bear this in mind when you order and be prepared to send back any fakes and demand a refund. Hopefully Amazon will be rooting out the rogue traders and reviews are only helpful if reviewers state sellers names.
A one star review has become a five star- unfortunately I couldn't post this one separately as the system only allows one review of each product so I had to show it as an edit!

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of imitations, 18 July 2013
This review is from: Canon LP-E6 Battery Pack (Accessory)
I bought two of these batteries (sold by one of the Amazon traders, Foto Magic, not by Amazon itself) in November 2012 and started using them a few months ago. I had slight suspicions from the outset that they were not genuine Canon items (there are guidelines on Canon's website for spotting imitations), but I couldn't be certain, and they appeared to work fine. However, after the most recent firmware update of the EOS 5D Mark III the camera clearly identified them as non-genuine: a warning comes up on the camera's screen. Canon now appears to have introduced into the camera firmware some means of identifying batteries that are not genuine Canon products.

These batteries do work in the camera, but they seem to lose power more quickly than the proper Canon batteries and I notice now, the third time I have recharged each of them, that they are reluctant to charge beyond the 75% mark. I am giving only one star because they should not have been passed off as the genuine product. Had I wanted to buy third-party batteries I could have done so a whole lot cheaper than this, and from a known, reputable brand. Heaven knows what these are, or where they have come from. All in all, a waste of money, and it's probably too late now to return them for a refund.

I've learnt my lesson. In future I will buy only from authorized UK Canon dealers (Amazon itself is one of these).

1.0 out of 5 stars CitySolutionsInc, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Canon LP-E6 Battery Pack (Accessory)
Obviously a fake battery - bad print on the box, 7 digit serial (read via camera) instead of 8, not printed on the bottom of the battery as my original should have been. Doesn't look anything like the original, or perform nearly as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Canon LP-E6, 18 Dec 2012
This review is from: Canon LP-E6 Battery Pack (Accessory)
I ordered two additional Canon LP-E6 batteries for my Canon 5D Mark 111 as spares. I found that both batteries did not fit smoothly into the battery compartment. One of the batteries got stuck when I tried to remove it.
I notice the batteries had no serial numbers. I have serial numbers on my original canon batteries and they fit in the battery compartment like a glove. I am sure these batteries are copies and I have now send them back.
I am very disappointed in the service and feel I cannot trust this seller Media UK.

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading advertising by AMAZON, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Canon LP-E6 Battery Pack (Accessory)
I went through GOOGLE to find "CANON LP-E6 batteries at AMAZON".
This found the CANON product by Canon at 38. I ordered 2, delivered by DES7.
I was dubious, contacted CANON and with my Photos and opinions they agreed that both batteries were fraudulent. (they had 7 digit code internally on both, and the same code on the outside of both on that aluminium strip). Then after discussions with CANON they argued that AMAZON is an authorised e-tailer and that they do also sell the genuine CANON battery, and supplied me with a lengthy web address to find it - all of a sudden here was AMAZON advertising the same Canon battery by Canon for over 56.39. I did not test the fraudulent batteries in a charger, and only had them in my EOS 7D for a short while to discover the short length code digits. I am now waiting for return instructions and my refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake!, 22 Jun 2013
This review is from: Canon LP-E6 Battery Pack (Accessory)
Delivered today, packaging looked authentic but i had some doubts. Charged it up, put it in my Canon 60D, went throught the registration procedure and it came up with a SEVEN digit serial number. GENUINE Canon batteries show an EIGHT digit serial number. So it's fake,and at 48 an expensive fake.......AVOID.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Battery - proof from canon!, 31 May 2013
Mr. T. E. Mayor "Tom" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon LP-E6 Battery Pack (Accessory)
I bought this for my Canon 5D Mark 3 and had no initial issues. I recently updated the firmware on the camera and everytime i tunred the camera on i had a warning that tit couldnt comunicate with the battery. Canon said they have updated the way the camera talks to its guenuine canon batteries and anything that doesnt work is a fake. When i started to tell them the serial number that my camera displayed for this fake battery they told me straight away it wasnt right.
Amazon are refunding me even though i dont have the box or packaging anymore. I just hope they follow through and actually report and close down this seller for selling fakes.
Canon were interested in the seller and will also be (hopefully) investigating them. Hope they close them down for copyright infringement!

1.0 out of 5 stars Advertised as Canon - not Canon at all!, 23 July 2013
This review is from: Canon LP-E6 Battery Pack (Accessory)
I thought the offer of three original Canon batteries for 70 was too good to be true. Turns out I was right. These are not Canon batteries, and make no attempt to look like them (unlike the photo!). I have used third party batteries in the past and they completely died after a couple of months. I'm not going to test the product just send it straight back!

1.0 out of 5 stars used or fake battery repackaged, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Canon LP-E6 Battery Pack (Accessory)
I got a used battery in a packaging that had been opened before. A printed a label saying "new". The battery looked like Canon but showed marks of previous use. Almost identical to my Canon battery but slightly different. Obviously a used battery (or who knows, maybe a fake Canon). Not happy.

Canon LP-E6 Battery Pack