5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality item,
Published on 6 Jun 2012 by Michael S

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good
This is a really good mat for having at home because it does the job excellently but it is far too big to take out to a yoga class or something. I use it for sit ups etc so it's very comfortable and I can't feel the hard floor.
Published 18 months ago by Speakers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality item,, 6 Jun 2012
This review is from: GYM MAT EXERCISE MAT SC 190 X 100 X 1,5 LIGHT BLUE (Sports)
I needed a large mat for my wife who preferred a more spacious mat rather than the skinny 50/60cm ones. Also we have solid wood floors and wanted a thicker mat. This looked like it fits the bill and we so glad we purchased it, as it's a great quality and thickness is just right for us. We use it to do floor and gym ball exercises and it works great its grippy so you don't slide off when doing exercises.

In addition, we have a new baby and it makes a great play mat too!!! baby loves the blue colour and rolls around lol. One negative is that due to its size and thickness it takes some time/difficulty to roll up and when u do its not a small one u can't fit in your back pack!! but this is expected for a home mat (mind you if u wanted you could take to the gym and get funny looks and take 3 times more space LOL) Overall very happy its well made and does the job perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mat, 22 Mar 2010
I wanted something thicker than a yoga mat but didn't want to spend too much money. This mat has proved to be ideal. I use it, as do my children. It rolls up nicely too and comes with two thick bands that allow it to be stored really easily.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 23 Feb 2013
The only draw back is that over time it will get a bit crappy, folding it creates a lot of creases that don't go away very well and standing on it also makes indentations.
I do recommend this for anyone that needs a good exercise mat for the home but you might be able to buy something better for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice big mat, 11 May 2013
Jimbo (London, UK) - See all my reviews
As others have mentioned, this is a nice big mat and it is plenty comfortable.
I am using this mat mainly for sit-ups and some pilates work.
I have hard wood floors and I do not feel my tailbone or knees crunching through like I do on the thinner yoga mats.
It does not seem to slip around which is a plus but I think that is a function of how dusty your floor and mat are.
Doing balance poses on the mat is not so good because of the amount of cushioning but then you can just step off of it.

Because of the size of the mat, it does not roll-up as nicely as a yoga mat, so keep this in mind if you are tight on space, but the supplied bands to keep the mat rolled up are handy.
I am happy that I bought this mat as are my knees and tailbone.

Update- I want to add that this mat is made of foam so any hard objects (zippers, dumbbells) might leave an indentation or tear the material so keep this in mind when working out.

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't slip on this mat. Hurray!, 10 Nov 2012
This is the mat I should have gotten years ago for P90X. It is the widest and thickest exercise I've ever owned. It's wide enough to do "wide push-ups" and thick enough that sit-ups can be done comfortably. Neither do I slip on it while doing yoga, which is a great relief. This is the mat I should have gotten years ago for P90X.
There may be an issue with durability, but I'm not going to take a star off for that. At this price, if it wears out I'll just buy another one. The only reason not to buy this mat is if you want a portable mat for taking to exercise classes.This is not the mat for that. For home use however, it is the ultimate mat in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mat, 6 Mar 2013
Mark (Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
It's a big mat and the padding is perfect. I'm tall and this is easily beg enough for me. I can do press ups with lots of room to spare, whereas most mats are too narrow for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size and depth, 6 Mar 2013
R. Crisp - See all my reviews
Bought this for my husband following a stroke to help him do his exercises at home. The thickness is perfect as he is very immobile. The size is good as he is over 6 feet tall and there is enough room for him to manoeuvre side to side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great thick gym/yoga mat, 17 Jan 2014
I bought this to use for Insanity workouts at home, apprehensive that it would be too small. The box it came in was huge, and initially I thought it was unnecessary excess wrapping, but on opening I knew why!

The mat is wider than I thought it would be, allowing for easy comfort when it comes to push ups, but it does still slide around when it comes to 1-2-3 hiesmanns - the mat does slide around a bit on laminate flooring (even with rug grippers underneath). Oh well, I bought this mat mainly for the jumping movements anyway and it works extremely well for those.

I also use it for some home yoga stretches and it works brilliantly for that, adding some plush cushioning and protection from a hard laminate floor!

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality product, 30 Aug 2012
Dr. Girish Girish "gandhijee" (cardiff, UK) - See all my reviews
very speedy delivery, quality product at cheap price, recommended, very pleased but needed two of them as width was not sufficient. soft and takes pressure very well

4.0 out of 5 stars Thick but stretchy, 28 July 2013
For largely static activities like yoga and Pilates this is an excellent mat, where you just want to take some of the hardness out d the floor. It is about 15mm thick and made of a soft slow-return (memory foam) style foam.

If you are doing something a little more energetic this mat is a bit annoying. Even when doing low intensity exercises like the plank or push ups the mat stretches and distorts. If you are doing more aerobic activities then it becomes difficult to use.

It's still a good quality mat though, and I do a combination of yoga and other cardio activities, hence still giving it 4 stars.