Format: DVD|Change

on 26 November 2012
I saw Home To Roost when it was first broadcast on television all those years ago. It has stood the test of time well and has not lost any of it's sparkle. The combination of John Thaw and Reese Dinsdale as father and "long lost son" is a paring with chemistry between the two as good as it can possibly be. All of John Thaw's acting was top drawer and teaming him up with Reese Dinsdale could not have been bettered. The humour is first rate and if anyone has not seen this series first time round, you are in for a real treat. Highly recommended. Don't wait a minute longer. If you are a John Thaw fan, buy the series today.
on 29 January 2013
unfortunately for some reason this superb sitcom - showcasing the marvellous acting versatility of the late great John "put your pants on, you're nicked" Thaw - has flown under the radar not unlike how the equally great 'My Family' has in more recent times. And whatever happened to Reece Dinsdale ?
on 11 May 2013
I have been watching this DVD a couple of episodes per night and I am really enjoying them.
I remember watching this when I was a child and finding the programme funny and It still makes me laugh now.
The characters are very well written and the acting from Reece Dinsdale and the much missed John Thaw is brilliant.
I also like Rebecca Lacy performance as Julie the daughter although she is in only a number of episodes and the two ladies who play the housekeepers are very good.
Well worth the money as lots of hours of viewing the Christmas Special is a very good extended episode also
on 22 July 2009
This series goes to prove what I have always thought, John Thaw who I feel found the ideal spot for himself in the Inspector Moorse. He was also a great comedy actor. If you want to have a good laugh, get this set of DVD's.
on 1 January 2016
I really like this show and I can remember watching it the first time round. Other people have said what I feel in their reviews but for me the best episode is "Return to Clagthorpe" a northern seaside town where they go to on holiday. When John Thaw starts singing, Oh I do like to be beside the seaside and everyone joins in the swing of it then the landlady comes in the dining room with a face of THUNDER! and they all stop! Classic moment for me.Fans will like and non-fans give it a try you wont be disappointed. To see John Thaw in another comedy role try Thick as Theives with Bob Hoskins and Pat Ashton from On the Buses fame. Oh and by the way Sam Kelly from Allo Allo is in this episode also.
on 5 November 2012
The item was delivered quickly and well packed. I bought the dvd as a present for a friend. My friend said the quality of the dvd was very good and enjoyed watching the programme again. good value.
on 25 June 2015
This was a great series, it shows what Great Actor this man was- We lost him much too early. What ever he did he gave 100%.
on 5 April 2010
I bought this for my dad who is a big comedy fan, also I have to say I really enjoyed it myself as it took me back to when I watched it with my parents the first time. John Thaw's performance shows that he was not only good as a serious actor but also brilliant at comedy.
on 25 May 2016
Classic comedy sitcom that all should watch. Surprisingly, not just for the every brilliant John Thaw - Reece Dinsdale shines in this series.
on 4 June 2013
Great fun, Good family fun. Would recommend it to family and friends. We really enjoy it and glad we bought it.