5.0 out of 5 stars One of the John Thaw treats
Published on 26 Nov 2012 by R. A. Pickard

3.0 out of 5 stars ... didn't know this series at all and as we like John Thaw we wanted to see what it was ...
We didn't know this series at all and as we like John Thaw we wanted to see what it was all about.
Published 3 months ago by M. Lant

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the John Thaw treats, 26 Nov 2012
R. A. Pickard "Genuine adaptation seeker" (Yorkshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Home to Roost - Complete Series [DVD] (DVD)
I saw Home To Roost when it was first broadcast on television all those years ago. It has stood the test of time well and has not lost any of it's sparkle. The combination of John Thaw and Reese Dinsdale as father and "long lost son" is a paring with chemistry between the two as good as it can possibly be. All of John Thaw's acting was top drawer and teaming him up with Reese Dinsdale could not have been bettered. The humour is first rate and if anyone has not seen this series first time round, you are in for a real treat. Highly recommended. Don't wait a minute longer. If you are a John Thaw fan, buy the series today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic underrated classic British sitcom..., 29 Jan 2013
This review is from: Home to Roost - Complete Series [DVD] (DVD)
unfortunately for some reason this superb sitcom - showcasing the marvellous acting versatility of the late great John "put your pants on, you're nicked" Thaw - has flown under the radar not unlike how the equally great 'My Family' has in more recent times. And whatever happened to Reece Dinsdale ?

5.0 out of 5 stars Home to roost, 22 July 2009
Mr. V. F. Holmwood "A Florida fan" (Winter Springs, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Home to Roost - Complete Series [DVD] (DVD)
This series goes to prove what I have always thought, John Thaw who I feel found the ideal spot for himself in the Inspector Moorse. He was also a great comedy actor. If you want to have a good laugh, get this set of DVD's.

5.0 out of 5 stars the great john thaw, 21 May 2014
mark allinson (Carlisle Cumbria England uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Home to Roost - Complete Series [DVD] (DVD)
Great to watch a classic comedy with the late john thaw again anytime I like they don't make comedys like these anymore

5.0 out of 5 stars A good family comedy, 11 May 2013
Ms. Heather A. M. Moore "FILM ADDICT" (NOTTINGHAM UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Home to Roost - Complete Series [DVD] (DVD)
I have been watching this DVD a couple of episodes per night and I am really enjoying them.
I remember watching this when I was a child and finding the programme funny and It still makes me laugh now.
The characters are very well written and the acting from Reece Dinsdale and the much missed John Thaw is brilliant.
I also like Rebecca Lacy performance as Julie the daughter although she is in only a number of episodes and the two ladies who play the housekeepers are very good.
Well worth the money as lots of hours of viewing the Christmas Special is a very good extended episode also

5.0 out of 5 stars home to roost, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: Home to Roost - Complete Series [DVD] (DVD)
makes you wonder where all these great script writers went john thaw is brill at home even with comedy 1st class

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Home to Roost - Complete Series [DVD] (DVD)
i was very happy with the service and it was worth waiting for will use them again for sure thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: Home to Roost - Complete Series [DVD] (DVD)
Great fun, Good family fun. Would recommend it to family and friends. We really enjoy it and glad we bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete series Home to Roost DVD, 5 Nov 2012
This review is from: Home to Roost - Complete Series [DVD] (DVD)
The item was delivered quickly and well packed. I bought the dvd as a present for a friend. My friend said the quality of the dvd was very good and enjoyed watching the programme again. good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Comedy, 5 April 2010
P. Brown (Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Home to Roost - Complete Series [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my dad who is a big comedy fan, also I have to say I really enjoyed it myself as it took me back to when I watched it with my parents the first time. John Thaw's performance shows that he was not only good as a serious actor but also brilliant at comedy.

Home to Roost - Complete Series [DVD]
Home to Roost - Complete Series [DVD] by John Thaw (DVD - 2008)