Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.99

on 17 July 2010
Listening thoroughly to every outing by CH, Woodface has stood out as a clear champion for me.
The songs are so polished with a tremendous mixture of emotions from cheerful to woeful. The melodies and harmonies are clean and memorable and you'll be singing along in no time.

My personal favourites are:
Weather With You
Italian Plastic
Fall at you Feet
Chocolate Cake

Well worth the purchase for anyone interested is genuinely great sounding music composed with thought and heart.
This has to be one of the greatest album to emerge from the Southern Hemisphere. In fact, it is probably one of the best albums of the Nineties.

The strength is in the song writing - 'Woodface' is a master class in how to write a great album, with such classics as 'Chocolate Cake', 'Four seasons in one Day' the timeless 'Weather With You'.

The melodies are so strong, the vocals and harmonies delicious and the production superb.
on 21 December 2009
This is a lovely album. Neil Finn seems to have a head full of great tunes and there's little of the filler which kind of spoiled their first two albums for me.

Maybe it all gets a bit samey by the end but there's some great stuff here.

`Fall At Your Feet', `As Sure As I Am' and `How Will You Go' are particularly beautiful.

Their next album `Together Alone' was even better.
on 9 June 2014
I'm not sure how you measure up one Crowded House album against another (reading other people's reviews). I love bits of all of them for different reasons. But mostly it's Neil's voice that does it for me.

If you've never bought a CH album before then you might be best starting with a Greatest Hits....then come back and collect all the real albums, once you're hooked.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 February 2015
Crowded House have released some excellent albums, and 'Woodface' might just be the best of the lot.

It's pleasant but not sugary-sweet and the majority of the tracks, melodic as they are, have creative and emotional lyrics, particularly my all-time favourite House song, the hit single, 'Fall At Your Feet'. The influences that the Beatles have on these guys is obvious, particularly on the first track 'Chocolate Cake', a commentary of the American's food habits, and later on 'Tall Trees', these are smooth, easy-listening pop songs that will get your feet tapping. Of course, this album is made all the richer by another hit single, 'Weather With You', a tune that I've always loved, and has remained with me through many difficult periods of my life. Another highlight comes with the dream-like 'Four Seasons in One Day'.

For me, this is Crowded Houses' finest album, just as good as a greatest hits collection, and takes pride and place as one of my most played albums in a CD collection that is very varied and extensive.
on 19 February 2013
Had this album on tape in my younger days. Sometimes when you try to relive your childhood memories you are only dissapointed. This album doesn't dissapoint. Great chill out songs. Intelligent and quirky lyrics.
on 8 February 2012
I love this album. I love all of CH's albums. This one has a slightly different feel. It might be because of 'Weather With You' but this is an album that I definitely don't regret buying.
on 7 January 2000
If you've read any of the other Crowded House reviews, you'll be getting bored by now. Once again this is a touch of class. There are so many classics on this album already, like 'It's only Natural', 'Four Season's in One Day' and 'Weather with You' but Neil + Tim Finn, along with drummer Paul Hestor in ' Italian Plastic', treat us to some of their best material in 'She Goes On', 'As Sure As I Am' and 'All I Ask'. The genre of music is as diverse as ever with the slightly rocky 'Chocolate Cake' to start of with and 'She Goes On' being extremely mellow. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone and if you haven't been introduced to the wonder that is Crowded House this is a great way to get started.
on 7 June 2004
Woodface, it is a truly great album, it really is!!! there are some really great songs on here, four seasons, fall at your feet, weather with you, its only natural etc.
these songs are quite simply IMMORTAL, and for crowdies and newbies alike, they're easy listening and the sheer brilliance of these songs can be appreciated at once. i would say that past the first six tracks, you have to really listen to the album to get the most out of the songs. this is not to say that they're not at all good, they are - but they're just harder to get into and harder to love.
woodface is the equivalent to radiohead's OKComp, it is the more polished version of TOLM, it is therefore less broody and i don't think as deep and as true as TOLM - just like The Bends is starker and more emotionally charged than OKC.
yet in conclusion, it is a must in anyone's cd collection - and a DEFINATE for anyone remotely interested in Crowded House. it will surprise you, i certainly love it!!!
on 19 February 2013
I have loved this album since I was 15. It is still fab all the way through I would buy it again if I had too.