• X & Y

Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 22 September 2014
Superb
on 4 July 2008
Anyone who claims to be a Coldplay fan and likes this album, clearly hasn't listened to 'Parachutes' or 'A Rush of Blood to the Head' two good strong albums, littered with really good songs like 'Yellow', 'Shiver', 'The Scientist', 'In My Place' etc... , whereas 'X & Y' has no good songs, the only half decent thing i liked about this album was one of the videos where an old lady is doing some acrobatic tricks.
on 23 September 2005
This is the best album I've ever listened to in my whole entire life. Two earlier reviews gave it 1 star but I think their style of music is fabulous. It's probably a case of love it or hate it and I can tell you a fact.
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 28 November 2006
This is sort of childs version of some concepts and music we hear a lot from other bands. It's a little simple and dramatic, and uses a few too many exact rhymes for something that isnt dance or pop. But still the desired effect seems to be there on quite a few songs, after you stop cringing at the cliched lyrics and the singers attempts to make sure you noticed that stand and sand rhyme.

A few songs I really like, including 'what if' and 'til kingdom come'. 'Til kingdom come' is a gem and I wasn't surpised when I learned it wasn't coldplay's song. It has a techinical maturity in the writing and tune that the other songs on this album seem to lack.

I think this album is nice background music, but wouldn't really listen to it out of interest as it is sort of depressing to hear nice guitar playing spoiled by what seems like a sudden inability to write lyrics.

If it is aimed at a young teenage audience, he probably got it right. It's more for the pop idol fans than the older music listener. If you are interested in music try "A rush of Blood to the Head" which has songs like 'the scientist' and 'amsterdam', or buy an album from another band.
on 10 June 2005
I don't know what some of the other reviewers were listening to but it certainly wasn't X&Y. Easily Coldplay's most accomplished piece of work - "Talk" has to be the track of the year to date & arguably their best ever. People south of Watford Gap must be really spoilt musically, because if this is only "one star" then the stuff they are listening to must be out of this world.
I have bought tickets to see Oasis having turned down Coldplay on the same day. Having listened to both new albums I now realise what a mistake I've made.I enjoy both bands immensely but on current form there is no contest.Coldplay are THE band.
on 2 April 2015
Great
on 4 October 2005
I am not a big fan of Coldplay and never have been but I had heard a couple of songs off the album that I thought were OK before I heard Fix You. I'm the sort of person that buys an album for one track and that is what I done! Now I listen to it everyday on my hours drive to work and back because it really is brilliant! I could not believe how good it was and it has really changed my opinion of Coldplay, so the morale of this review is if you like 'fix you' buy the album it really is worth it!!!
on 30 June 2005
Some love it some hate it! I am definitely a lover of this album, the album contains amazing songs, well you wouldn't expect anythin less from Chris Martin. The major hits of the album are Speed of Sound, Swallowed by the Sea, Til Kingdom Come (the hidden track) but my ultimate favourite song is Fix You! It was fantastic on The OC and its fantastic on the album! The best hit for 2005!! I definitely recommend this album to anyone!
on 13 June 2005
people always have a go at coldplay for reasons unknown to me but they don't seem to be able to sit back and enjoy this record for what it is - brilliant music. in my opinion this album is their best yet, and you can tell by listening to it that all of the songs would sound amazing live. i bought it the day it came out and i haven't stopped listening to it since.
people may be happy to take pot-shots at coldplay and chris martin in particular for their 'lack of experimentation' but this album proves their position as one of britain's greatest bands, and can only serve to enhance their popularity worldwide.
on 6 June 2005
This album is really really good, and I don't even like Coldplay much. It's just really good to listen to. Favourites of mine are Talk, Speed of Sound and A Message.
But please, let's stop comparing it to OK Computer. As great as it is, X & Y is no OK Computer.