5.0 out of 5 stars Craft Delight
Very pleased with this craft board - its well made - well marked out - good quality item and saves this risk of doing any damage to tables you use for craft work - you can use your craft tools on it without any problems - buy it.
Published on 12 Mar 2010 by Gloria

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought it would be
I bought this item to replace my old cutting mat that had become warped and no longer laid flat (mainly because I'd put something hot on it and it was really old).

Published on 21 Oct 2011 by Miss H. O'Hara

5.0 out of 5 stars Craft Delight, 12 Mar 2010
Gloria "GJN" (united kingdom) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought it would be, 21 Oct 2011
Miss H. O'Hara (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Am-Tech A3 Cutting Mat (DIY & Tools)

I used my old one as a writing/cutting mat to protect my desk from scratches, so it was important that the new one would sit flat enough to do the same (plus cutting anything on a warped mat is a real pain). So when it arrived I was disappointed to find that it was all bent out of shape due to the poor packing that was used to ship it in. Fortunately after using a hot hairdryer and some really heavy books I was able to get it to lie flat, however the plastic used for this cutting mat is really soft and as a result there are several large indentations that wont flatten out (the worst one is from the cardboard packaging that was folded under the mat and has created a sizable bump across the right hand side of the mat).

To be honest if you're looking for a cutting mat that is durable and will withstand a lot of use I wouldn't recommend this one as there is no way it will last (soft plastic and a sharp craft knife don't mix).

I would recommend spending a little more money and get a 'West Design Cutting Mat' as it's made from much tougher plastic and it'll last for years (provided you don't put a really hot cup of tea on it, like I did).

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, a great bit of kit.........., 3 Oct 2012
IOWBOY - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I am really pleased with this cutting mat.

It is an excellent size, 450mm x 600mm, and it is 3mm thick.

One side is a marked grid of centimetre squares, 42 x 57, and the other side is blank.

I have purchased several cutting mats over the past few years and this is comparable in quality to the best of them, I use them primarily in my shed and actually screw them to my worktops to provide protection and additional grip.

This item cost just 5.99 delivered which is excellent value considering its size.

Recommended.

UPDATE: I have now purchased two of these mats in total, both from the MarketPlace Seller 'Babz Media'; they were both 5.99 delivered, and arrived in just a few days via recorded delivery. Superb value and service!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for the hobbyist, Will protect the surface beneath., 25 April 2012
Andy_atGC (London UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Am-Tech A3 Cutting Mat (DIY & Tools)
I first encountered this type of cutting board when working in an art studio as an administrator/manager. I had always used several waste mounting boards in the past but the knife blade would quickly cut through and I was constantly adding and removing a board or two. These are a lot more durable and I have three different sizes currently, one sub-A4, another larger than A4 and this.

The boards have a grid marked out on one side and these allow correct corner angles and cutting to certain sizes where needed. They do not last forever and will need replacement when heavily blade-marked. Although self-repairing in the sense that the cuts in the surface may not be too apparent, if you often cut along a line, the cuts will deepen and widen and, at some point, the blade may skip or jump, a potentially dangerous prospect.

You will need a good 'straight-edge' and a sharp knife for best results.

A lot less expensive now than once they were, there is now no excuse to hold onto one way beyond its usefulness and safety.

It will protect your furniture, carpet and whatever else if you do any cutting with a sharp blade.

5.0 out of 5 stars great one of the best cutting boards, 6 Aug 2010
This review is from: Am-Tech A3 Cutting Mat (DIY & Tools)
we use this cutting board to cut and shape sugar paste. it has a thickly constructed base and gives the user confidence that a sharp knife would not go through the board and damage the table top.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cutting MAT, 28 July 2011
This review is from: Am-Tech A3 Cutting Mat (DIY & Tools)
If you have a rotary cutter, you have to have one of these. The small size of this one is useful for manoevering and I can cut fabric anywhere easily. I will definitely be buying a large version as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 1 Nov 2010
This review is from: Am-Tech A3 Cutting Mat (DIY & Tools)
Bought this for a product design course. It proved essential. Works well, heals well and is great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big cutting mat, 25 Mar 2011
R. Nicklin (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Am-Tech A3 Cutting Mat (DIY & Tools)
A big cutting mat that's non slip - what more can be siad than that. Note - keep flat when not in use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Craft mat, 30 Dec 2012
This is a large heavy mat so could be difficult to store as needs to be kept flat. Probably smaller size more practical for most craft jobs.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 1 Jan 2013
Some marks are left after cutting but really strong and good for patchwork. Back side is good for cutting too.

Am-Tech A3 Cutting Mat