5.0 out of 5 stars Who introduced me to this? My Bruvva!, 20 Feb 2013
Chika (sitting at my desk! Duh!) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bursting Out (Audio CD)
Apologies to the late Terry Scott for that reference, but it was my brother than got me interested in Jethro Tull, and this was the very first album of theirs that I ever bought, back when it came out, back before CDs were invented! I did buy a CD version of this many years ago but they had chopped the running order about to fit it into the space available, so I was pleasantly surprised when I was shopping around for a copy and found this version which is exactly as I remember it from the album, just as it should be, and remastered to boot! One copy was bought as a belated present for my brother, but I had to have a copy for myself!

Recorded during the European tour that took place shortly before the release of the album Heavy Horses, this features the classic lineup of Anderson, Barre, Evan, Palmer, Glascock and Barlow and is where the balloons first became a popular show ending for the group. There's a lot of classic material, from as early as "A New Day Yesterday" and "Bouree" right up to "Heavy Horses" and "One Brown Mouse", plus a few tracks that you won't find anywhere else, all tied together by the Master of Ceremonies himself, Ian "Where's My Other Leg?" Anderson, introduced by Claude Nobs. It's still one of the best live albums I've heard and this is a great issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bursting At The Seams, 5 July 2009
G. Weare "Gareth" (Folkestone, Kent.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bursting Out (Audio CD)
I have a confession to make: I bought the US single version CD of `Bursting Out' at a CD fair and upon first listening felt a bit cheated discovering three tracks missing from the original album. The absent three are only available on the 2004 Double CD digitally re-mastered UK / Euro version.
Having bought it from Amazon (of course), I could now hear what I had been missing: Ian Anderson - the cheeky raconteur, entertaining the audience between songs with the expletives bleeped out, plus the three extra tracks.
After the polite introduction by MC and Jethro Tull friend - Claude Nobs, followed by `No Lullaby' the song that really gets the show under way and demonstrating Martin Barre's industrious guitar work is `Sweet Dream'. The two other tracks missing from the US version being the instrumentals: `Conundrum' and `Quatrain'
Worth a listen, if nothing else.
But `Sweet Dream will blow you away, especially the guitar aficionados.

The performance harks back to a distant and not to be forgotten bye-gone age of Jethro Tull at their zenith and in my opinion the band's best line-up.
This is one of the best live albums I have ever heard.
Take note I.A.

GW

5.0 out of 5 stars music, 30 Jun 2014
pleased with the item

5.0 out of 5 stars Tull at their Best, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: Bursting Out (MP3 Download)
A collection of the best of.....
And live! Well mixed and
Performed. Anyone who
wants to check out the music
And ability of Mr Anderson &
these Gents. This is by far the
Best recording to do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jethro Tull at their best!, 9 Mar 2013
This review is from: Bursting Out (Audio CD)
Brings back memories of when I had this as a double album on records in the early 1980's. Excellent entertainment and highly impressive live performances, so good to hear it again. Buy this CD, great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still hits the mark, 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: Bursting Out (Audio CD)
I have this on vinyl but, like so many other LPs, haven't listened to it for ages. The price for the CD wasn't high so I bought it. Perhaps I'm not a purist as I could detect no loss of quality - the music is just as good as ever and, combined with Anderson's dry humour, delivers well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Live and Tull at their best, 15 Jan 2013
SP Hawkins (Auckland NZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bursting Out (Audio CD)
This replaces my Tull tape, recorded from the vinyl version back in 1981 (courtesy of Walworth Library free records and Mayor "Red" Ken Livingstone). If you like live albums this is a pretty good live recording from the 70's. It is also the BEST collection of classic Tull tracks. Not the biggest but the best. In fact it is my favourite Tull album of all as the studio albums were generally half great and half pretty humdrum tracks. If you buy just one Tull album, this is my recommendation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jethro Tull - Bursting Out, 22 Sep 2011
Gentlegiantprog "Kingcrimsonprog" (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bursting Out (MP3 Download)
Jethro Tull's 1978 live album Bursting Out is one of those rare and fantastic live albums where the sound and energy are so fantastic that many the tracks eclipse their studio counterparts, where the guitars are louder and heavier and the drums are harder and more forceful.

Bursting Out finds the band on tour supporting their Heavy Horses album and as such contains an absolute wealth of material that fans of the band's work from the 1970s will love, representing most of their albums up to that point with at least one track and delivering a lot of the classics side by side.

Highlights include an astounding twelve minute rendition of `Thick As A Brick,' as well as the louder and heavier versions of `Sweet Dream,' `No Lullaby,' and `A New Day Yesterday,' however the whole record is absolutely essential listening.

In addition to the harder rock moments, like `Cross Eyed Mary,' and `Hunting Girl,' there are acoustic favourites like `Jack In The Green,' `One Brown Mouse,' and `Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of The New Day,' that work brilliantly along side the heavier tracks and also both a big Flute solo and Drum solo to display the member's immense talents... not that everyone wasn't doing that anyway adding great flourishes of exemplary musicianship throughout the proceedings.

The performance is absolutely phenomenal with big exciting drum fills, creative guitar solos and Ian's usual astounding Flute and Vocal work on a particularly high standard here.

Overall, Bursting Out is a fantastic live record, a great representation of the band's 1970s progressive period and would serve as a fine introduction to the band indeed for potential fans. It is one of the best Jethro Tull albums period. If you like Jethro Tull at all then get yourself a copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars bursting out jethro tull live, 29 April 2011
This review is from: Bursting Out (MP3 Download)
it's along time since I listened to the LP. It is still as good as the first time I listened, to it . Wondering why it took so long, to rebuy it .

5.0 out of 5 stars The best line-up ever !, 5 Dec 2010
Renato Filho (Campinas-Brazil) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bursting Out (Audio CD)
This is a great opportunity to listen to them in their best line-up; unfortunately,the only recording of such line-up live "bursting out", literally !

Bursting Out