Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 12 June 2001
On this 1962 album, the King presents us with some fine examples of the best early 60's pop music. POT LUCK is a delicious collection of songs that proves once again the wide musical range of Elvis Presley and reminds us of is amazing vocal talent. For the quality of this album contribiuted the fact that Elvis received songs from the best songwriters of the time:Doc Pomus/ Mort Shuman, Otis Blackwel/Winfield Scott and (no mather what some people think) Ben Weisman/Fred Wise. Highligths from this album are: The mid-tempo pop tunes: "Kiss me Quick","Fountain of Love", "Such an easy Question" and the classic song "Suspicion". Also nice are the ballads : "Just for old time sake"," Something Blue" and "That's someone Youll never forget".Finally three amazing rockers will leave you breathless, "Gonna get back home somehow", "Night rider" and " Steppin' out of line". As bonus tracks this cd also includes the classic Jerry Leiber/ Mike Stoller hit single "She's not you/ Just tell her Jim said hello", and an interesting Don Robertson ballad "I met her today". So, if you really like good pop music, buy this album!!!
on 27 February 2002
Pot Luck was a big seller on its initial release in 1962, and deservedly so this digitally re-mastered re-release with bonus tracks is excellent.
The critics review states that several top nothch song-writing teams were on board, which is true; but they fail to mention that Elvis wrote two of the songs on this disc. The Latin-esque 'You'll Be Gone' is as dramatic as it is infectious, whilst 'That Someone You Never Forget' is one of the most beautiful, haunting ballads he ever sung.
Pot Luck is, what the title says; from the rockin' 'Gonna Get Back Home Somehow' to the excellent pop that is 'Suspicion', this is stellar stuff.
on 15 October 2005
Not bad - this era does not get the attention, in my opinion, that it deserves. Some wonderful studio recordings were completed around this time. The sound quality is very nice and the songs have more substance than might be expected. There are also fun songs like kiss me quick; on the other hand, slower more serious songs like just tell her Jim said hello, can be appriciated in contrast. Overall, a good variety album!
on 7 October 2009
This has always been my favorite Elvis album as it shows his versatility and voice range. I bought this to replace the original LP, which I still have.
As usual it was delivered in good time and well packaged, well done Amazon.
on 24 February 2015
This Is Another Superb Release From WAX TIME RECORDS , That Has Just Been Released On 16th feb. , But This New Edition Now Has 2 Bonus Tracks Included That Were Around The Same Time Time And Has Every Right To Be On This Excellent Album.
Although The Original Album Was Released Way Back On June 1962, It Still Sounds Fresh Today, Thanks To WAX TIME For Giving It A Helping Hand With The Newly Remastered 180 Gram Audiophile Sound (which is excellent) That Makes Hearing This Great Album Even More Better Than Before. Old Favorites Like , KISS ME QUICK, EASY QUESTION And SUSPICION , Has Never Sounded So Good.
And We Have The Beautiful Tracks Such As , SOMETHING BLUE, JUST FOR OLD TIMES SAKE And I FEEL THAT I"VE KNOWN YOU FOREVER , And The Brilliant STEPPIN" OUT OF LINE (that was cut from the original release of Blue Hawaii album) BUT ALSO ....
We Also Have The Fantastic SHE"S NOT YOU (NO.1 SINGLE) And FOLLOW THAT DREAM (not really a favorite of mine) Included On This Release, To Me Personally I Always Have Enjoyed This Album And My Original Copy Is Not Exactly In Mint Condition But I Really Like It A Lot And Now This Release Has Just Made It Me Enjoy It Even More....WELL DONE WAX TIME.
Go Buy It And Then You Shall Know What I"m Talkin" About....
on 24 October 2010
Another very good album, but different from something for everybody which had consistantly good tracks right the way through. I found that Pot luck and some real standout tracks but also some weaker ones so it sort of balances up the quality of the album, but thats just a personal opinion it is a worth while album. What we did't know ( prob. R.C.A and Tom Parker did) is that this would be the last studio album of newly recorded for a long time , not counting How great thou art I think this would be the last untill the end of the 60's.Anyway its a good album go and buy it.
on 21 March 2014
I already have an earlier version of this on cd.But I had to buy it because it includes"You'll be Gone" A hard to get track. I wish that they would release the collection called"The Bonus Songs" which has only ever been released on vinyl.It included all of the bonus tracks from the Soundtrack albums.
on 10 November 2011
Originally I had this album on vinyl many years ago when it was first released

when I saw it on Amazon as a Cd at the fabulous price of only £2.99

how could I not buy this Album, as I regard it as a collectors piece
as its not one of his best known releases, but the music is Elvis at his best
on 2 December 2012
3/4 excellent tracks on this CD,,,and a few not so good. Seems to me to be the end of an era recording as Elvis needed to compete with the new Beatles era which of course he did. Good value.
on 19 April 2016
I loved this album when I first heard it as a child.Still some great tracks and Elvis is in fine voice but as an adult I have to say the material is not the best he ever recorded.