5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant.... cant go wrong.
Published on 25 Jun. 2009 by Mr. K. Howarth

1.0 out of 5 stars Shame on you Belkin
Published on 28 Oct. 2011 by Warming Sceptic UK

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant.... cant go wrong., 25 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Belkin 802.11g Wireless Cable/DSL Internet Gateway Router, New Enclosure (Electronics)
this router is simply brilliant... i have it on a virgin media 8Mb connection and have wired an old laptop to it using one of the ethernet ports and use the laptop as a media server, movies and music are routed nice and fast wirelessly to the playstation 3 which i must add works perfectly on this router which im very pleased with as my previous router didn't seem to like the PS3 much... the router also handles being used for the 3 PC's in the house, a macbook, the nintendo wii, plus my iphone and has never dropped a connection and in the months we've been using it has only on a couple of occasions needed to be reset, the only complaint i have is routing was slow on the macbook but this is due to IPv4 support in safari but is easily fixed by using an alternative DNS service like OpenDNS which i would recommend to anyone on any router anyway!

So all in all this router was an absolute bargain and is now even more so that the price has practically halved since i bought it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin G Wireless Router Part No: F5D7234uk4, 17 Mar. 2009
Brian Holden (Surrey/Hants Border, UK.) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these Belkin new upright routers from the highstreet, as I needed a cheap 54g capable wifi router to replace an old Linksys. Was very easy to setup (if your pc competent), I didn't use the CD software but instead logged directly into the router by typing '192.168.2.1' into the web browser (no password is needed by default, but suggest you set one up!). From there it's easy setting up security settings, SSID etc. I now have two laptops (XP SP3 & Vista SP1) connected to the router and sharing the Vir 2mb cable connection with no problems so far. Both laptops have 6 tabs open, making 12 webpages in total, again the router is coping fine. I will report back here again after a few weeks use, so far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an Improvement, 3 Oct. 2009
P. R. Hopkins "Paul" (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
Used with a VirginMedia broad band connection, we have used this router for about 6 months now and unlike the Linksys router (cannot remember the exact model number, but it was about 4 years old) has yet to drop-out; the Linksy was forever needing a reset. I consider it easy to set-up, unobtrusive and all in all very happy with it. Particularly since I had no time to do any research. You can't if you cannot access the Internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Router - Excellent product, 26 Sept. 2009
K. A. Williams (UK) - See all my reviews
Purchased this device to connect to my ADSL modem and Vista PC, so that I could communicate wirelessly with a new netbook.
As netbook was a Linux device, I was a little nervous as to whether it would work.
It installed quickly and easily, and the inbuilt set up and security features are very comprehensive.
Internet connection speeds are very good, much better than I expected.
I then connected my new HP wireless printer, and this worked first time too.
Alltogether, a fine product and very good value for money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shame on you Belkin, 28 Oct. 2011
I have had a Belkin 54g wireless modem/router for 15 months now. It has never been especially reliable, and I eventually contacted their tech guys for help. After 2 hours of diagnostic key tapping (They two tecchies who guided me though it need congratulations for their patience, at least!) the unit was declared faulty. I contacted customer services for a replacement under their "lifetime guarantee", and was told that I would have to send the old one back before a new one could be supplied. All fine as far as it goes, but the old one still works on the LAN cable. What am I to do for net access in the meanwhile! I can buy a new one off the shelf for about £12, which I might have to do. Surely any company with a reputation to protect would trust me to return the old faulty unit in a way that would ensure minimum disruption to my links with the outside world!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective......, 4 Aug. 2009
James R. Metcalf "Metcow" (Romford, Essex) - See all my reviews
I needed to go wireless after a long time of putting it off and I am really pleased that I chose this product.
I have game stations and computers in various rooms as well as needing a strong wired connection in my office for work. This product has delivered exactly what I required.

4.0 out of 5 stars No major problems so far, 10 Oct. 2009
Andrew Troupe (UK) - See all my reviews
Easy to set up, I don't have much experience with wireless routers but the process must have been painless as i can't remember it. Seems like a decent range (the router is right at the front of the house upstairs and I've used the laptop in the back garden no problems). I use it with NTL/Virgin cable, game PC wired and laptop on wireless (it has 4 wired ports aswell as wireless). I did have an issue with the laptop connecting to it at 1 point, after a bit of playing with the laptop (which didnt acheive anything) i restarted the router and the laptop and its been fine ever since.

1.0 out of 5 stars It is very bad, 18 July 2011
This is second time I bought items from Belink company and does not work effectively. It is kept disconnecting all the time.

1.0 out of 5 stars useless unreliable, 8 Mar. 2010
I bought one of these and tried to use it with both wireless windows 7 and ethernet to Slackware Linux. The product routinely locks up after approx 15 minutes. I dont need the Linux connectivity so can live without it but often find that even wireless alone can also hang. Their customer support is non-existent

avoid this product like the plague

1.0 out of 5 stars Belkin G Wireless Router model F5D7634-4 ver1000uk, 29 Oct. 2009
This firewall in this router reduces my download speed from 6000 kbps to 2000 kbps!
If you can live with that (!) the router is fine.
Their online suppport is excellent, but they confirm that it is normal and to be expected that their firewall will reduce download speed by 4Mb per second!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›